Hostel Suites Florida, Buenos Aires, Argentina
6.6
7th May 2016

Good points: convenient location, some of the staff were really friendly and helpful Bad points: terrible atmosphere - the whole reason for staying in a hostel was to meet people but this place is not conducive. Some of the staff were unfriendly bordering on downright rude. They have a rule where they try to make you a wear a wristband 24/7, one guy yelled at me because I wasn't wearing it when I came back alone at 1am - not cool! The bed was uncomfortable, the room was cold.

Chill House, Buenos Aires, Argentina
4.6
4th May 2016

Pretty bad experience, I left as soon as I could. Located in abasto, which is not that safe as a neighborhood. You have to ring the doorbell and wait, so I found myself standing on the street in the dark several times - did not feel safe. Atmosphere was terrible - they had a lounge, I tried to go in it once, but it smelled awful and was full of smoke. When I tried to check out, the guy at the desk didn't seem to speak English, tried to charge too much and became angry. Avoid this place!

My dear, I usually don't answer review, because with more than 400, I never had too... Your arrived by night in ChillHouse...Indeed there is a door...indeed there is a bell...indeed you may have too wait 20 seconds to come in...Indeed by night, it is dark... You start complaining as soon as you come in...Ok...no problem... About the neighborhood I live... About this city I love... The house is no smoking, only allowed in our roof top.... I wont talk about the smell...Can't believe what I read You wake up angry, decide to leave, I didn't charge you anything...I always prefer my guest leave happy and don't charge them if there is any problem.... But you wanted also to get back your deposit I said no...sorry about it... And you still complaining... It s been a long time I haven't seen such a bad energy and I feel sorry about it.. Kind regards PS : Sorry about my poor English...I will try to get better :)

H Rado Hostel, Santiago, Chile
23rd Apr 2016

Great hostel, friendly staff, pretty clean, good location. The rooms aren't very spacious, but there was enough locker space, and the ensuite bathroom was very useful. Breakfast was ok, and the roof terrace is nice (though it was cold and wet when I was there, so didn't really use it)

America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
6th Mar 2016

I stayed here for a couple of days as a single female traveller, and enjoyed it. Pros: Good atmosphere - met several cool people there and went sight seeing with them. Staff were friendly and helpful. I was in a 4-bed and had no problems - people were considerate and quiet, and also didn't complain if I came in later. Wifi was ok. Cons: Neighbouring streets are a bit dodgy, didn't seem the safest place.

KEX Hostel, Reykjavik, Iceland
30th Aug 2013

Great bar area, super friendly staff. Rather expensive though for what you got.

Hostel Marker Dubrovnik Old Town, Dubrovnik, Croatia
6.9
24th Aug 2013

It was ok, but not really worth the €80 per night we paid for a twin room. The shared bathroom was tiny, dingy and not terribly clean. The room was too hot, since the only air conditioner was in the common space, and the wi-fi was rather patchy. On the plus side, the location was great, right next to the centre, and the staff was very helpful.

Hostel D&D, Split, Croatia
6.9
23rd Aug 2013

The listing said 24 hour reception - we arrived at 7am after an overnight train journey, looking forward to freshening up, and found the place completely locked up. We couldn't get in for 3 hours! The lady wasn't particularly apologetic when she did arrive. Other than that, the room was ok, had a TV in it, the shared bathroom was rather small but clean.

The Brit Hostel Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
21st Aug 2013

Great hostel! 24 hour staffed reception, friendly staff, nice atmosphere. Had to walk up a few flights of stairs, but that's it - great experience!