Generator Hostel London

Smart Russell Square

Terrible facilities, a few toilets per floor which a few were blocked and very dirty. Showers for the whole building were in the basement- stinking hot with very little ventilation and really dirty. Window in bedroom wouldnt open leaving it hot and stuffy. Many underage children (10-13 year olds). Overall a very bad experience, considering the price is not cheap!

Thank you for your review. We take guests feedback very seriously to improve our services. Our cleaning staff start as early as 06:30 and finish at 23:00. We do regular check every one hour during these times to maintain good cleaning quality. However, if any cleaning issues get reported to receptionists by guests, it will be dealt with promptly. We have placed the showers together at one place to save energy and to save our guests time of looking for a free shower. SRS Staff

Design Hostel Goli&Bosi

Split, Croatia

Great hostel with fantastic staff! Kristina and Vendy on reception are so lovely and went above and beyond with any queries I had. I'd definitely recommend this place!

Hostel Split

Split, Croatia

Rooms inside apartments.. Not a hostel. Rooms are clean and the apartment I was allocated was really centrally located, but no atmosphere. Staff at reception were exceptionally helpful, overall good. The weekend I stayed the price was inflated due to a music festival in split that weekend.

Design Hostel Goli&Bosi

Split, Croatia

Excellent location right off the main strip, really cool hostel with a good bar and restaurant on the ground floor. No common area due to the bar so it can become a little more expensive than other hostels but overall a fantastic spot!

St Christopher's Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Good central location, lockable cages under beds and curtains on beds with power plug and light. Staff were absolutely fantastic!

St Christopher's at The Winston

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Was put in a three bed dorm- bunks were placed right up against a single bed, so you had to climb on the single bed to access the other beds, no vibe to the hostel but good location. Staff weren't overly helpful. No facility to lock personal belongings- one safe between three people defeats the purpose.

Kabul Backpackers Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Big party hostel and great vibe. Some lockers didn't work and staff weren't helpful in remedying the situation despite a four night booking. Definitely an under 30 crowd. Great location and good atmosphere.

I stayed at this hotel in early January, so the price was quite steep. Great location to Shinjuku shopping, and really close to the subway line. Was placed in a room on the 7th floor, so I had the share computers right outside my room. This meant I was woken up quite a few times during the night. My advice, ask for a room that isn't on level 5 or 7, as that is where the share computers are located. Other than that, there was no heating in the bathroom and it was very cold.

Guest House Kinta

Kyoto, Japan

As previous reviewers have mentioned, it's kind of odd that the communal area is so tiny! You really don't get the opportunity to meet people at this hostel. It is also quite hard to find initially. Other than that the facilities were good and clean, it's close to Ginza (walking distance) and the staff, despite not being able to speak english were nice enough. If you're needing a place to sleep and shower, this is for you - otherwise, maybe keep looking!