The Villa Backpackers Lodge

Picton, New Zealand

Staff was so friendly and helpful. Beautiful space with lots of plants and nice landscaping. Comfy bunks in crowded rooms. Close to the ferry and the shops. Best thing about this place was the hottub!

The Cambridge Hotel & Backpackers

Wellington, New Zealand

Pretty nice spot right in the heart of Wellington. Feels like a real hotel (is one) but bottom floor is designated for backpackers. No complaints, but it isn't the most social environment. Although I didn't hit the in-house bar the night that I was there. Great cheap breakfasts!

City Garden Lodge

Auckland, New Zealand

Loved it. Great hostel in a nice neighborhood. Easy to get to and a friendly environment.

Bamboo Beach

Nadi, Fiji

I loved landing at Bamboo. Super friendly staff and environment. It's close to the airport and right by the beach. Good food, good music, good people. A great place to start your Fiji adventure.

I loved it. I've been to SF many times but this was the first time staying in a hostel. I didn't expect much since it's located in the Tenderloin afterall, but it's really a diamond in the rough. The employees, especially the lovely ladies at the bar, were friendly and helpful. I was also really impressed by the comfort of the beds! Thoroughly enjoyed my stay.