Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 27

Lima Limon Candelaria Hostel

Bogota, Colombia

What a super cosy little family hostel. Travellers from all over in a great setting. Loved this hostel....and it's cat! The lack of electrical sockets and wash basins would be my only gripes.

• 2nd Jun 2014

Hostel Kokopelli

Lima, Peru

There were some real weirdos there which spoiled the atmosphere but without them an excellent hostel. Great staff and a good location.

• 14th May 2014
  • Globetrotter

I very decent hostel with good food and great staff.

• 11th May 2014

Wild Rover Backpackers

La Paz, Bolivia

This place almost killed me!! In a good way of course ;-) It's party central so don't come for a quiet time! Great staff and security is good too. If you've got energy and an alcohol problem this is will be your new home!

• 18th Apr 2014

Hostal Denzel

Calama, Chile

A decent place for a stopover on the way to/from Uyuni. Good staff and good beds.

• 5th Apr 2014

Hostal Atacama Tatai's

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

No lockers is a big issue. All the bedrooms face into the main area which is a nightmare if people are drinking/playing music/being loud late at night. Lots of the activities in San Pedro require being up really early!

• 2nd Apr 2014

Planeta Lindo

Valparaiso, Chile

A super chilled hostel with my main man Dave running the place. A fantastic kitchen and dining room area with balcony providing sublime views over the city. Great beds too :-)

• 19th Mar 2014

Margouya Patagonia

Puerto Varas, Chile

I really enjoyed this hostel. A fantastic wooden house located close to supermarkets and the town. Welcoming staff and a fireplace :-)

• 12th Mar 2014

Patagonia House

Punta Arenas, Chile

A nice, safe, and convenient hostel. Great staff and plenty of people to talk to. Can get a little cold sometimes.

• 11th Mar 2014

• 5th Mar 2014

America del Sur Hostel

El Calafate, Argentina

Great hostel located well with fantastic staff!

• 4th Mar 2014

Adventure Queenstown Hostel

Queenstown, New Zealand

Fantastic staff. Really helpful and accommodating. Great nights both in and out. En-suite bathrooms and an excellent kitchen and lounge areas. Secure luggage room and an ideal location right in the centre of Queenstown.

• 23rd May 2013

Brisbane City Backpackers

Brisbane, Australia

Amongst most of the hostels Brisbane City Backpackers has lots of areas for socialising, good bathrooms and helpful staff. However, there are no lockers and the free WiFi is practically useless.

• 7th May 2013

Nomads Byron Bay

Byron Bay, Australia

I had a fantastic stay here with really helpful staff, a good kitchen and socialising area. However, the cleanliness left a lot to be desired. When cleaning they would only vacuum the first metre of a room. There were cockroaches in the dorms too.

• 4th May 2013

Jolly Swagman Backpackers

Sydney, Australia

A good hostel but mostly full of people trying to find work. I would prefer to be around other travellers but I guess that is the nature of Australia. Relatively clean with decent facilities but maybe a little small for the amount of people staying when full.

• 30th Apr 2013

Alice Lodge Backpackers

Alice Springs, Australia

A really good hostel but considering it's location I'm not sure it justifies the price. It does have plenty of facilities and very helpful staff when they are there!

• 29th Apr 2013

Alice Lodge Backpackers

Alice Springs, Australia

• 27th Apr 2013

Urban Central

Melbourne, Australia

This IS a party hostel! I only stayed here because of it's close proximity to the train station where I could get a shuttle bus to the airport early in the morning. I didn't get any sleep because of partiers coming in and hot and making a lot of noise throughout the early hours.

• 26th Apr 2013
  • Globetrotter

Hello, thanks for your review of your stay at Urban Central. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the location of our venue and its proximity to the Southern Cross station. We do occasionally get the travelers who may come back and be a little noisy but if you would like to let reception know anytime if you are unhappy, we will be able to come and respond quickly. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Absolutely fantastic staff! I arrived late and they had planned to give me a letter explaining everything if they weren't there. They even gave me breakfast after my needed long lie in! Not a great location but a really sociable hostel with good facilities.

• 13th Apr 2013

Dancing Elephant N1 Party Hostel

Koh Phangan, Thailand

I soon realised that this was purely a hostel/crash pad for those at full moon parties. I came inbetween full and half moon parties and it had barely anyone staying. It seemed very simple with few facilities. The staff were really good especially when I woke them up upon my arrival early in the morning, however I moved on quickly.

• 7th Apr 2013

Deejai Backpacker

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Really enjoyed my time here! The staff were absolutely brilliant and the lounge and garden areas allowed for great interaction between guests. It's location isn't the best but it more than makes up for this. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Chiang Mai.

• 2nd Apr 2013

Downtown Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Fantastic hostel ran by a genuinely helpful guy. They were dealing with a problem guest but changed straight to a smile when I needed to speak to them. Very relaxed place with a great pool to dive into after a boiling hot morning at Angkor Wat!!

• 30th Mar 2013

Niras Bankoc Cultural Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

The hostel was really unique and had an excellent character. I really enjoyed the coffee shop downstairs and the staff were brilliant and responded to my every need and query. They even took me out for dinner! It is close to most of the cultural attractions and even Khao San Road. I would definitely recommend this hostel if you stay in Bangkok.

• 27th Mar 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thank you very much for three nights stay with us and seeing our unique features & all good things about our place .Your recommendation means a lot to us . Hope to see you next time in BKK !

Long Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

I have nothing but admiration for these people. After getting through India and China unscathed I finally fell (really) ill in Ho Chi Minh City but these people looked after me probably better than my own mother (please don't tell her!). I can't thank them enough for looking after me. They also offer great recommendations for restaurants and day trips into the city and around. Met lots of nice people here too. Absolutely brilliant hostel!

• 17th Mar 2013
  • Globetrotter

What at first appears to be a Walkabout bar with hostel rooms it turns out this place is exactly what the modern backpacker needs. Free breakfast, an excellent bar with daily evening activities, free WiFi, top quality rooms and bathrooms, helpful and friendly staff, and a bunch of really sociable people. The only downside is that it can be prone to being a full-on party hostel full of teenagers. I'd still highly recommend.

• 12th Mar 2013

Pandora after 80s

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

There isn't a great selection of hostels in Hong Kong but this was certainly an adequate one. Good free WiFi, packed rooms, a kitchen for use, very clean, and good security.

• 8th Mar 2013
  • Globetrotter

A very clean hostel run by excellent staff. There was a little lack of atmosphere but I was still able to meet people. The location would be the main disadvantage but good value in all.

• 3rd Mar 2013

Sanlitun Youth Hostel

Beijing, China

I really enjoyed my time at this hostel. Lots of activities and run by very helpful and knowledgeable staff. A good lounge area to meet people with WiFi and a pool table. The rooms were adequate too. The only disadvantage would be the location but overall a good hostel.

• 26th Feb 2013
  • Globetrotter

HI nihao, Thanks for your comments,wish you have a good stay in Beijing! See you next time. Regards Sanlitun Hostel

Han Tang House

Xi'an, China

Had a great stay here. The staff were brilliant. I especially enjoyed the night they took us out to the sound, water and light show. Really nice rooms with en-suite. Clean with a great bar and lounge area with good WiFi. The location isn't the best but still highly recommended.

• 24th Feb 2013
  • Globetrotter

A very good hostel with a good lounge area and really helpful staff. A little out of the way - a good 15 min walk to get anywhere. Seemed like good value for money with good rooms.

• 21st Feb 2013

No.27 Wenlin Guesthouse

Lijiang, China

I was really happy with my stay at the Wenlin Guesthouse. I would recommend getting a map before arriving as I had a little trouble finding it. Once there, however, the family running it were lovely, despite very little English. They let me eat dinner with them as I was tired and hungry. The dorm rooms were basic but satisfactory. My only complaint would be the cold draught in the room. Hot showers were available though. A good authentic Chinese guesthouse which was a worthwhile stay.

• 13th Feb 2013
  • Globetrotter

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. It had wonderful staff and there was a cracking atmosphere in the lounge. Met some fantastic people here. Good at booking trips and the cycle tour and the barely working bicycles was great fun! I would definitely recommend this place.

• 12th Feb 2013

The Hump Hostel

Kunming, China

Definitely one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. It almost had it all. Great staff, a sociable atmosphere, wonderful city centre location with fantastic balcony area overlooking city, events, good food and drinks served all day, and possibly some of the best dorms I've ever stayed at. Made my introduction to China and Chinese New Years celebrations very worthwhile.

• 6th Feb 2013

Smyle Inn

New Delhi, India

There was barely any choice for hostels or cheap well-rated guest houses in Delhi. I chose this one but I was pretty disappointed. It was down a dark alley off the Main Bazaar. It was very cold when I was there and there were holes in the rooms that allowed in a cold draught. The computer room was decent but there was barely any other guests which let the atmosphere down. The staff are good, however, and are good at helping you book your trip away from a city I can't say I enjoyed too much.

• 25th Jan 2013

Asterix Hostel

Goa, India

I heard great things about Asterisk and I must say it was possibly the best hostel I've ever stayed at! Loved the relaxed vibe and the staff were always helpful and chilled. It had a kitchen and great lounge area and good WiFi. The owner knows what travellers need. Had a fantastic time at Asterisk mainly because the people were amazing. Alex the Northern Irishman making me feel welcome straight away and lots of bar crawls!! This hostel is definitely the best :-)

• 21st Jan 2013