Reviews: clintondj84

Location Australia, Gender Male, Age 32

Smile Society, Bangkok, Thailand
21st Jun 2013

We stayed in a double private. Awesome hostel! The room was amazing. It was clean with a tv and good air conditioning. Really excellent and friendly staff. Cheap washing service. The location is great, right next to the night markets and lots of food options. Easy to get to from the airport and easy to get to the main sights in Bangkok. I really recommend this hostel is you don't mind paying a little more than some of the other hostels.

4th Jun 2013

I stayed in a 6 bed mix dorm. The hostel is in a good location 15 min walk to the beach. The door for the dorm room didn't have a lock and there was only small draws to lock valuables in. The hostel had a very family like atmosphere during the day and a very social one during the evening which was great. The staff organise activities for during the week which was also good. Overall I would recommend Chef Hostel but also recommend the owner Roy behaves a little better in front of the guests.

Bada Bing Hostel Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
8.0
3rd Jun 2013

I stayed in a 6 bed mix dorm. The hostel is overall good. The location is ok but on the other side of the river from the old town. The staff are friendly and the hostel is nice and clean. The room was nice with a big lockable cage under the bed. The bar on the roof is cool and has good potential. The breakfast is good too. Overall a good hostel but I would try and stay on the side of the river in old town next time.

Bada Bing Hostel Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
28th May 2013

We stayed in a double bed private. The hostels location is no terrible but not the best, you can walk to the old town but the tram was a must on the hot days. The staff were very friendly and helpful, looking out for us during our stay. The bar upstairs was a really cool setup and breakfast was great for a hostel. The room was excellent and clean, the price was ok. We enjoyed our stay at Bada Bing Hostel but I would try and stay closer to old town next time. Overall a good hostel.

Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge, Marrakech, Morocco
20th May 2013

I stayed in a 6 bed mix dorm. Awesome hostel! The staff were excellent from the moment I walked in the door to the moment I left. Extremely helpful and knowledgeable. The hostel has a really relaxing vibe which you need after a day in the heat and dealing with the souks! Good location and the rooms are clean. The only choice if you're looking for a hostel in Marrakech is Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge!

DREAM House hostel, Kiev, Ukraine
14th May 2013

I stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm. I loved this hostel! As soon as I arrived I was bombarded by the enthusiastic and friendly staff making me immediately feel welcomed. The room was clean and tidy and the hostel facilities were excellent. The location was good and close to the metro or you could take the walk up and over the hill if you're not hung over. The staff really made this hostel the great place it is. I highly recommend Dream House Hostel for your stay in Kiev!

Dear, thank you so much for your kind words. We hope to see you soon again at Dream House hostel!

Premium Hostel, Krakow, Poland
7.1
10th May 2013

We stayed in a twin bed private. There was nothing really bad about the hostel but there was nothing really excellent about it either. The staff were nice enough and the room/bathroom was clean. The hostel is about a 20 min walk from Old town but you can catch a tram quiet easy but it is still a fair way out of town in respect to the other hostels locations. The hostel didn't really have much of an atmosphere. I wouldn't fully recommend Premium Hostel but it wasn't a bad place to stay it.

• England, Couple, 25-30
Maverick Hostel & Ensuites, Budapest, Hungary
18th Apr 2013

We stayed in a double bed private. Mavericks hostel is excellent and I recommend you stay here if you're going to Budapest. The staff were really friendly and helpful, the hostel was clean with excellent facilities and it is in an excellent location right next to the metro. We had a minor medical problem while we were there, the staff arranged for a doctor and were extremely supportive during the ordeal including the next day. I completely recommend Mavericks Hostel.

Wombats City Hostel Berlin, Berlin, Germany
12th Apr 2013

We stayed in a double bed private. The hostel staff were friendly enough. The common area was ok, the roof bar has an awesome view and not bad prices for a beer. The room and bathroom was nice and clean with everything we needed for our stay. The hostel is well placed for travel to the sites and places for food and a sneaky or not so sneaky drink. I would recommend The Wombats to my friends.

Brussels 2GO4 Quality Hostel, Brussels, Belgium
8th Apr 2013

The hostel itself is pretty good but the fact that the reception and common area is closed from 1pm to 4 pm is annoying, making it not possible to relax in the reception if waiting for an afternoon bus/train. It was clean and secure with lock boxes for your stuff. The hostel is location is ok, near the train station (north) but the surrounding area is a little dodge at times. Overall not a bad hostel but it could be better if they change the reception and common area opening times to 24 hrs.

Lybeer Travellers' Hostel, Bruges, Belgium
5th Apr 2013

I stayed in a 4 bed mix dorm. The hostel staff are friendly and helpful they also love to have a beer with everyone at night. The hostel is still undergoing renovations so there is some mess around but the hostel is still a great place to stay. The hostel is secure but could use lockable containers for your valuables. It's short walk from the central train station and from the centre of town. The bathrooms, common areas and dorms are clean and newly renovated. A good chilled place to stay.

The Riverhouse Backpackers, Cardiff, Wales
1st Apr 2013

I stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm and could not of been happier. The staff were friendly, the hostel is excellently set up and the breakfast is AWESOME! Great location, really nice and clean bathrooms and common areas. One of the best hostels I've stayed at in 5 months of traveling around Europe. I can't recommend The Riverhouse Backpackers enough.

Isaacs Hostel, Dublin, Ireland
30th Mar 2013

I stayed in a 6 bed mix dorm. This was the second time I have stayed at Isaacs and I enjoyed my stay again. The staff are friendly, the facilities are excellent and the hostel is clean. The hostel is good for relaxing or partying and they have lots of information on activities available around Dublin. Isaacs is a excellent hostel that I fully recommend.

Lovely feedback - thanks a million !

Isaacs Hostel, Dublin, Ireland
19th Mar 2013

Isaacs Hostel is in a good location not far from Temple Bar. The staff were helpful and friendly. The 12 person dorm room I stayed in was really stinky and there wasn't a window to open and the dirty sheets the cleaners stored outside the room didn't help either! I also stayed in a 4 person room which was quite nice, just ask for one that isn't next to the staircase. The basement facilities are awesome, really good for chilling out. Overall Isaacs is a great hostel just pic your room wisely.

Global Village, Belfast, Northern Ireland
12th Mar 2013

Best hostel I've stayed at! The staff are awesome. Welcoming from the start, super friendly and very helpful. The hostel is set up excellently and has a good vibe about it which all the staff promote through social activities. I can't recommend Global Village enough, if you're looking for a hostel in Belfast go no further.

Budget Backpackers, Edinburgh, Scotland
10th Mar 2013

The hostel overall was quiet good. It's a very busy hostel and I wasn't even there during peak season. Great spot right next to the grass market and the staff were fairly friendly. The chill out/relaxing area wasn't the biggest but the bar area down stairs was a good size. For a solo traveller the atmosphere was a little lacking compared to smaller hostels I've stayed out but everything is what you make of it so maybe you'll find it different.

• England, Couple, 25-30
Charles Bridge Economic Hostel, Prague, Czech Republic
17th Jan 2013

The staff were excellent and extremely friendly as soon as I walked in the door. We had double room private bathroom, it was a little different from the pictures but still nice and clean although the walls were a bit thin. The location was excellent as well. Overall our experience was excellent and we would recommend the Charles Bridge Economic Hostel to anyone that was travelling on a budget and didn't mind a little noise occasionally.