Reviews: santiastrobbi

Location Argentina, Gender Male, Age 28

Stamps Backpackers, Chiang Mai, Thailand
16th Aug 2016

Very friendly staff, great location. I stayed twice already. Book in advance if you want to get a bed.

The Five-O, Pattaya, Thailand
5.1
13th Aug 2016

No vibe, clean place to stay, away from the center, close to the beach (which is not nice, go to the island in front). Nice staff.

I am sorry to see this review, as the location is exactly as discribed, I can's see how it get's that low of a rating, and value for money? We are the second cheapest hostel in Pattaya, the only one with a pool, AC in the bedrooms and in general, a really nice building. None of the beaches here are picture perfect, to see those, you will have to visit the islands, as mentioned. Koh Larn is just a 30 baht / 40 minute boat ride away. About the vibe, it all depends on how full we are and how social our guests are, if I remember correctly, you were the only one staying at the hostel at the time, and then it can be a bit boring, as most hostel guests are looking for company. We hope that you will visit again some day, when we are busy, then it will be a totally different vibe :)

Chien Hostel, Hanoi, Vietnam
11th Aug 2016

Excellent hostel, great vibe, I would definitely stay here again. Stay here, you won't regreat it.

Thien Phu Hostel, Phong Nha, Vietnam
7.7
31st Jul 2016

Overall, it's a very nice place to stay. Not great, but OK. I could recommend it.

Life's A Beach, Quy Nhon, Vietnam
4.9
27th Jul 2016

It's located right in front of the beach, but that's the only good point about it. DON'T BOOK BUSES OR ANYTHING WITH THEM. We booked a bus and ended up in a super crowded minivan, all the way to Hoi An (which was not cheap at all). Hours before leaving, we asked for the tickets we had paid, and they wanted to make us pay again and they were not sure if there were bus tickets or not, because they hadn't got them for us. Not serious at all.

Thanks for your interesting review - we actually don't sell the bus tickets ourselves - we have a guy from the village that sells the tickets on our behalf - we try to empower the villagers by having their own little businesses. Sometimes guests do not have the money with them and ask to put the price on the hotel tab - so this is unfortunately where the confusion lays with the payment situation and for this I apologise. Our team are still learning how to deal with western customs and ways and we appreciate everyone's patience when an error is made or confusion is present. Also - as regards the buses - we have checked and recommend the buses that leave at the best times and charge the best prices - as we don't actually run the bus companies we are unable to guarantee if the buses will be crowded or otherwise - I think that you would have to be very lucky or pay a lot of money to avoid that in a country like this. You are, of course, at liberty to make your own arrangements and book your own buses if you think that you can do better! I hope that you are able to enjoy the rest of your trip despite this obviously horrendous experience for you!

Lee Hostel - Home for Backpackers, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
6.6
18th Jul 2016

Very cheap hostel, well located, with few facilities. Hard mattresses, but nice doorms.

Travellers Loft@Jalan Besar, Singapore, Singapore
4.9
20th May 2016

It's cheaper than the majority of the hostels in Singapore, but it's just OK.

Couzi Couji Penang, Penang, Malaysia
3rd May 2016

Wonderful hostel. The staff is amazingly friendly, I felt awesome while staying there. The dorms are comfortable and the common area is very nice. One single problem with this hostel (which seems to be a problem in some parts of Malaysia): internet works really bad or, at times, it does not even work. Leave your cell phone behind and enjoy Penang and this wonderful hostel!

The Metallic Hostel, Koh Lanta, Thailand
3.1
24th Apr 2016

The reception guy (which I don't remember the name) is helpful, but he will try to charge you more for everything (motorbike rental, ferries, etc.). There are better hostels for sure, I would strongly recommend looking another one.

Relax Corner, Koh Phangan, Thailand
3.1
18th Apr 2016

Expect for Max, the staff is not willing to help or cooperate, once they get the money, that's it. It is also far away from Haad Rin, they charge you to use the lockers, there is no atmosphere, and I could go on and on... Just stay somewhere else, there must be something better in Koh Phagna.

Samui Backpacker Hotel, Koh Samui, Thailand
5.4
14th Apr 2016

The staff was definitely unhelpful. Once they received the money, they "cleaned their hands". Unless, of course, you want to hire some other service. Location was not the best either, since you had to move around to find nice beaches or some night activity. I would stay somewhere else.

Safehouse Hostel, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Thailand
11th Apr 2016

Great place to stay, especially if you are looking for a quiet place. The daughter of the owner helped me a lot during my stay. Thanks a lot!

PLUS Berlin, Berlin, Germany
8.0
29th Jan 2013

First night 10 euros, second night 17 euros for the same room on a Wednesday, wired. Hotel turned into a hostel. Very nice and clean, but difficult to meet people. There must be something better in Berlin for this price.

Funk Lounge, Zagreb, Croatia
21st Jan 2013

Definitely the best hostel I ve ever been, Anja, Mia, thanks for the excellent days in Zagreb, you know I ll be back, but anyway I ll see you around Latin America!! Love, Santiago!!

Villa Micika, Dubrovnik, Croatia
7.7
17th Jan 2013

Manga hostel, Belgrade, Serbia
14th Jan 2013

Very nice people, extremely helpful, close to everything, thanks for the good vibes!

Hostel Mostel, Sofia, Bulgaria
11th Jan 2013

Excellent place, can't think of bad points, very very friendly staff, thanks for everything guys!!

Bahaus Guesthouse Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
7th Jan 2013

Definitely a very nice hostel, probably the best I've ever been to, the staff is really helpful and friendly, everything was clean and neat. Definitely I'll be back.