Reviews: emmad

Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 22

Home Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

mamma is who makes this hostel amazing, unfortunately there was no wifi for the 6 nights we stayed at home hostel. also didn't enjoy the trek to the bathroom in the middle of the night

Woodstock Hostel

Paris, France

The 'safes' in the rooms didn't work properly, which resulted in people getting many expensive items stolen while I was there. The dorm rooms were tiny and boiling. The wifi didn't work and the computers in the reception were incredibly slow. Would definitely not recommend.

hello thak you for your comment.he safes are actually working really well in the rooms; you shold have asked us.plus you had othe safes in the reception free of charge as well.so far, the wifi is working in the entire building ;may be that day was slower, all our apologies as that can happen when there is over traffic in the hostel. as for the heat, we did have a very beautiful and very hot summer in Paris; we wish you great travels best regards the woodstock hostel

MEININGER Brussels City Center

Brussels, Belgium

Such a big hostel means staff have no idea who's coming/going, resulting in my bed being reassigned during my stay. Families with little kids stay at the hostel, felt really odd. Kitchen and fridge far far too small for 700 people. Internet also struggles to accommodate the level of traffic. Also as a solo female traveller, wasn't comfortable walking to the hostel at night as in dark and non-touristy area.

Montenegro Hostel Budva

Budva, Montenegro

Common room on top floor was not really used by guests all that much, so wasn't a great place to meet people and the hostel did not organise any nights out. No place to store luggage in rooms, as lockers toosmall for the average pack. Location was great, but right near a bar that absolutely blasted music until 1am, so don't intend to sleep earlier. Bathrooms constantly wet. Best bit - each dorm had its own kitchen!

Old Town Hostel East Wing

Kotor, Montenegro

The building in which the hostel was located was pretty awesome and the staff encouraged everyone to interact by organising to take whoever was interested to a bar and club at night. Only slight issues were that wifi did not work in rooms and that the shower didn't drain properly, so the bathroom floor was flooded the whole time I was there.

Hostel Nina

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Double bedroom with air conditioning and a large flat screen tv for 20€, who could ask for more?!

Balkan Han Hostel

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Not a bad hostel by any means, but there was no room to store luggage in bedrooms and the Internet was TERRIBLE

Fluxus Hostel

Ljubljana, Slovenia

Dorms were massive and inviting. Location was excellent. Only small issues were a clogging shower and the awkward positioning of the TV in the kitchen

The Yellow

Rome, Italy

Great place for solo travellers to meet people

Santorini Hostel Kykladonisia

Santorini, Greece

Shower was terrible and the pool was tiny. But a pretty decent location and clean rooms

Francesco's

Ios, Greece

Best place if you want to party. If massive nights aren't your scene I wouldn't recommend Francesco's, or Ios for that matter.

Students & Travellers Inn

Athens, Greece

Perfect location and the staff on the desk were fantastic. Also convenient was the travel desk. Shame that the bar was no longer in operation and that the wifi was shoddy. Would stay there again if in Athens.

Cheers Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Tarik was so helpful, he organized a tour for me, ensured I was comfortable at the hostel and on my final morning even had someone run after a bus for me! Brilliant first hostel of my trip! My only issue was the showers, which didn't have great pressure and had drainage problems. Overall though, great value for money and the bar is a nice hangout too.