Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 23

World House Istanbul

Istanbul, Turkey

Hostel is located in a great area, close to a variety of cafes and quirky shops. Security is mediocre, it was key code access and we felt as though too many knew our room access code. The staff were fairly helpful, but not the most accommodating at times. Overall mediocre experience.

• 3rd Oct 2014

Great stay at the wombats at naschmarkt. Had previously stayed at the lounge in Vienna, and there was definitely a difference in attitudes, facilities and cleanliness despite both being Wombats hostels. Secure rooms with key card access, lockers were great and facilities were brilliant. I can't think of anything to fault this place.

Great location, right near the the U-bahn and close to cafes and places to eat. Atmosphere and staff were average. Decent place for the price.

Hostel99

Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

The hostel had a great vibe and met some great people here. Location is great, within walking distance to everything. Staff were however quite rude and not helpful, I was there with a tour group and they were not very accommodating. Facilities were average. Overall, you get what you pay for.

Charles Bridge Economic Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

One of the best hostels I've stayed at in Europe. Amazing staff; very friendly, approachable and hospitable. The hostel included free espresso coffee, tea and bottled water! It was very clean and well-organised. I will definitely be back and recommending this place to friends! Thanks for the amazing time Adam!

EastSeven Berlin Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Great hostel, great staff who were all very helpful and accommodating. The hostel itself was great, cool vibe and very clean! The location was brilliant, close to great bars and cafes and not too far from all the main attractions. Met some great fellow travelers as well. Stayed here for a week and loved it, will definitely be back if I'm ever in Berlin again!

Astor Victoria

Stayed here for one night and pretty average. But worth it due to location, mediocre otherwise.

Probably one of the worst hostel I've stayed at. The staff (with an exception of 2 girls) were very rude and unhelpful. They seemed annoyed at simple questions about the town and their facilities. The hostel itself was very unclean and not very well managed. The toilets on our floor were filthy, and often blocked and out of order. The location, which we were under the assumption was safe, was far from it. The area, tenderloin, was reputable but for all the wrong reasons.

Absolutely loved my stay at the bungalow! The staff were so welcoming and very approachable. The entire hostel in itself was such a great place, met so many other travellers and had the best time! The free day tours were also quite great, and worth going to! I will definitely be back next time I'm in maui! Banana bungalow felt like home away from home!

Seaside hostel is in a great location, in walking distances to the beach and other key areas of Waikiki. It felt very secure and the free breakfast was definitely a plus. Staff were helpful in some aspects but often felt annoyed at questions from people staying there. Rooms were decent and clean. Overall a good hostel.

Staff should never be annoyed by a question. If people enjoy their stay with us they might come back (many do, sometimes every year which makes us very happy). There are some mornings when you can be overwhelmed checking people out or checking them in, making sure that guests get what they need for breakfast, or asking questions about what to see that day. If this is the case I hope you can be patient with us, we do our best.

YHA London Oxford Street

Lovely hostel, lovely area, great staff and will definitely be returning!

Camere Nicolina

Cinque Terre, Italy

Flying Pig Downtown

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great location and hostel staff!

YMCA Jewell House

Perth, Australia

The staff were incredibly accommodating and very friendly.