Central Backpackers Dunedin

Dunedin, New Zealand

I stayed in a 6-bed mixed dorm which was quite spacious. The beds were fine, however, nothing special. The shared bathroom was mostly clean but only 3 showers and 2 toilets - surprisingly never had to wait though. Lounge area was nice but not really big considering the amount of people who (could) stay in the hostel. Many good movies to choose which was excellent! Kitchen was alright but no window. Staff was nice and helpful. Would stay there again because of the good atmosphere!

YHA Wellington City

Wellington, New Zealand

I stayed in a 4-bed room with ensuite bathroom. Room was very spacious and bathroom clean. The hostel is located very centrally and the kitchen and lounge area were pretty big. Receptionists were always very helpful and nice. The only drawback, which is unfortunately bit a big one if you´re staying there longer: It is extremely noisy! I stayed on floor 6 and the strong breeze and its noise woke me up several times. Also, the firestation is just opposite. However, I guess I would stay there again

Tiki Lodge

Taupo, New Zealand

I really enjoyed my stay at Tiki Lodge. I stayed in a 6-bed room with ensuite bathroom. Room size was fine and the bathroom clean. The lounge area was pretty awesome with many comfortable sofas. Hostel is only a 3 minute stroll from the city centre itself (i-site etc.). Receptionists were extremely nice and helpful! Would surely recommend this hostel as well as staying there again!

Gallery Hyde Park

My friend and I have stayed at Gallery Hyde Park for three nights. The hostel is not right in the city center but it takes only about 10minutes by subway to get there. Location is still very, very nice as there are heaps of restaurants and many pubs just around the corner. Staff is excellent! All of them are extremely friendly and helpful - even at 4am. We would highly recommend this hostel even though there are a few issues like a not proper closing window. But hey: It is a hostel so all good!

The hostel is surrounded by forest and a few miles away from the city which makes it a good spot to calm down. It is very close to the famous lakes. Hostel itself is quite big with spacious rooms. Cleanliness was actually fine but there were spiders everywhere on the walls! Staff was quite unfriendly. We didn't really felt comfortable. Nevertheless, we probably would stay again as there are not many hostels around and location is good for hiking.

IS@K Guest House

Seoul, South Korea

Rooms aren't anything out of ordinary and pretty tiny (6bed female dorm). However,there was free toast,coffee,tea and snacks provided. Staff were superb with very good english skills! They were extremely friendly and helpful!! They also do regular movie nights etc. which is awesome to meet fellow travellers. I so felt at home and absolutely enjoyed my stay there! Would definitely recommend this guesthouse to those who want to meet new people and having an unforgettable time!

Kia Ora Budgetstay

Fukuoka City, Japan

This hostel is very close to Hakata Station (around 5-10min.). There is a bar downstairs operated by the hostel which is very good for socialising. I loved the tatami-floored room where each room had a toilet and a shower. Cleanliness was top. Only downsides were that it got abit noisy at night as the hostel is next to a main road and there were no curtains around the bed. However,this was probably my favourite hostel I've stayed in in Japan!

I've stayed in a 4bed female dorm for three nights. Location was a 10minute walk from Hiroshima station and easy to find as the direction was well-described. Common room was quite big and there were 2 toilets and showers on most floors. However,the room itself wasn't anything special. Airconditioner worked properly but was very filthy which disgust me as I had to sleep next to it. But all in all pretty okay. Nothing special to remember though.

Yume Nomad

Kobe, Japan

I stayed two nights in Yume Nomad. Firstly,I had a bit trouble finding it as it is somewhere behind all the Panchinko's. Location is pretty good though - only a two minute walk to Shinkaichi station! Staff was really,really kind and made you feel welcome. Unfortunately,it was very quiet and hardly anyone was found in the common area. Shower and toilet in the room was a big plus. Would definitely stay there again!

Bonsai Guest House

Osaka, Japan

I stayed in Bonsai Guesthouse for three nights. The guesthouse was very easy to find as it only takes you 1minute from Momodani Station. I stayed in a 6bed dormitory which was quite nice. Beds were big and comfy with (kinda) curtains. The only downside was that it was very quiet - hardly anyone was in the common room and in the hostel in general. Not the hostels fault though. So I would definitely stay there again.