Asylum Cairns, Cairns, Australia
7.7
13th Mar 2014

Cheap dorm room, but worth the extra couple dollars to upgrade to a room with air conditioning. Ask for the room with single beds.

Bunk Brisbane, Brisbane, Australia
7.1
28th Feb 2014

Rooms are set up for privacy but makes it harder to socialize. Personal lights and outlets are a plus. Kitchen is big, well stocked and always clean when I was there at off-peak times. Free breakfast was good, if basic. Bar is loud every weekend night, but it was nice to hear the live music from the fifth floor on Sundays.

Nomads Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
22nd Feb 2014

The housekeeper on my floor was so thorough that she was cleaning the walls when I arrived. Impressive. Co-ed bathroom was spotless. Kitchen became crowded easily and most pots pots and pans need replacing. Friendly front desk staff. Excessive street noise on weekend nights, as it is near multiple bars and clubs. Bring earplugs.

Hi there, thank you very much for your feedback. We are stoked to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we will pass on your comments to our staff! We have to re-stock our kitchen on a monthly basis due to guests taking dishes etc. with them when they leave. We will make sure this is up to standard again. We are surrounded by bars etc. but we actually offer free ear plugs from reception. We hope to see you again soon Thanks Nomads Auckland Management

Base Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
8.0
17th Feb 2014

Biggest annoyances were the elevators (always a wait even with 3 and no stairs option), the long wait at reception

Nomads Byron Bay, Byron Bay, Australia
16th Feb 2014

Surprisingly nice. Seems dingy at first, but everything is cleaned very often. Nice rooms, good beds. Never really knew where all the toilets were (showers and toilets should be clearly labelled). Good times in the courtyard.

Byron Beach Resort, Byron Bay, Australia
10th Feb 2014

Lovely hostel. Large female dorm. It's nice being out of town until you want to stay late at bars, then it's a hassle to get back. Loved how large the kitchen is. Housekeeping could have been more thorough; felt that the shower stall was not cleaned at all. Front desk staff were helpful.

Backpackers Fuji, Narita City, Japan
7.7
5th Feb 2014

Small, but clean hostel. Nice facilities but not the best layout, for example the female dorm is next to the kitchen, which is the only lounge area, so you can hear everyone talking as if in the same room. The room was kept warm in winter, but the back bathroom was freezing. The location is ideal for a visit to Naritasan temple, and a short layover from the airport. I'd stay here again.

Valpackers Hostel, Valparaiso, Chile
23rd Dec 2012

It was quiet when I was there, something I prefer. I had peace. I can imagine the common areas would be crowded if there were more guests, but it was good on my trip. My favourite part was the two energetic kittens the owners had rescued, they added some party vibes! Rooms had space. Showers had hot water. It is far from the tourist areas of Valparaiso, but still within walking distance, and very close to the bus terminal, which was important for me as I arrived at dawn.