Ivanhoe Hostel

Rome, Italy

This is an alright hostel for the night if you're not concerned with noise, cleanliness or crowding. The staff were very nice and the location was great. But the beds were a bit gross (my friends had pieces of broken glass in it) and uncomfortable. The showers were also pretty gross. Relative to other Rome hostels is it affordable.

• 21st Apr 2014

Hostel Des Artistes

Rome, Italy

This is more of a hotel than a hostel. My three friends and I got a room to ourselves which was awesome. It was very clean and they made our beds during the day. There is however no hang out area/common area, or maybe there are on each floor but no one hangs out in them. Also the hotel staff do not know much about what is going on in Rome the way most youth hostel staff do. But if you have you're own plan and are looking for a chill, clean, this is for you.

Travellers House

Lisbon, Portugal

One of the best hostels I've been in. Amazing atmosphere, really kind and helpful staff, delicious breakfast. If your in Lisbon this hostel is a must.

Dar Lalla Kenza

Fez, Morocco

This hostel was absolutely amazing. Ben is the best. He made our stay in fez positively wonderful! Btw I am a girl and he is definitely not sexist. The hostel is beautiful and in an incredible location right near the medina. A definite must if you're in fez.

• 22nd Sep 2013

Swanky Mint

Zagreb, Croatia

Great hostel and very nice staff. We had a rom ensuing. The bed was super comfy and the facilities were great though our shower head didn't fit into the holder.

Amazing hostel and great value. We were put in a lovely room in the middle of Dubrovnik.

Funky Donkey

Brac, Croatia

We were in a private room which was nice but not spectacular. Stay in this hostel if you want to party and have a great time. It is not for the faint of heart- raging continues until the early hours of the morning. Friendly staff.

Silver Central Hostel

Split, Croatia

My boyfriend and I had an amazing stay at the beautiful apartment we got by booking a private double through silver central. Along with the great location, the apartment was clean, private, and included a washer, kitchenette and great a/c. It was a wonderful place to return to after a delicious dinner at dvor (also highly recommended).

The Wild Fig Hostel

Zadar, Croatia

Very nice hostel- cutely decorated. Our room wasn't air conditioned but we put the fan in the door to circulate air and it was fine. Delicious breakfast snacks and kind staff.