Hostel Pangea

San Jose, Costa Rica

Being able to use credit card for payments of accommodation and/or bar food would help. Walking around San Jose alone at night to get cash out so that I might eat is not ideal... so I just didn't eat. I would have happily spent a bit of money on dinner and drinks had I been able to use my card. I would also like to see lockers placed in the rooms, not outside of them. I didn't feel secure leaving my belongings outside my room. Airport shuttle service was good.

• 24th Jan 2013

You can use your card to make your bookings as you did and pay for private rooms aswell , there is an ATM half a block away from the hostel were you can get cash if you need it, lockers are placed next to the room so you are not bothered by others in the middle of the night , happy to hear you took advantage of our airport shuttle !

Arenal Backpackers Resort

La Fortuna, Costa Rica

It would be nice to have a communal kitchen to prepare my own food. Thank you very much to FREDDY, your amazing staff member who was very helpful and patient and kind! Great hostel for anyone visiting La Fortuna.

• 22nd Jan 2013

Celvante Jungle Hostel

Puerto Jimenez, Costa Rica

Celvante Jungle Hostel is the perfect place to stay during your time in Puerto Jimenez. Nestled high in the hills, away from the main street, you will find yourself in a quiet oasis surrounded by forest. The beds are the comfiest I have ever come across in a hostel (and better than many hotels I have stayed in) and waking up the sound of toucans and monkeys, and a view over the Gulf is pretty special. Brian and Kyle are warm and welcoming hosts. They provide lots of advice and information about the local area, transport times, and organising your trip to Corcovado National Park. Staying at this hostel feels like staying with your friends at their place, giving it a relaxed and friendly vibe. I was sorry I had to leave after only being there a few days and I would highly recommend it to other travelers.

• 17th Jan 2013

Wave Trotter

Santa Teresa, Costa Rica

Fabulous place to stay - chilled vibe and friendly, helpful staff. Hope to visit again one day!

• 2nd Jan 2013