Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 23

Peace House Sachi

Osaka, Japan

Rooms are cold and if you use the heater then you risk having problems if you have any allergies as the heating units look like they have never been cleaned and are just blowing dusty air onto you while you're sleeping. The windows don't stop the air coming in on a night and you can visibly see the curtains blowing when they are closed.

Khaosan Tokyo Original

Masada Backpacker

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

Eight Elephants Hostel

Taipei, Taiwan

Sara [the owner] and her staff inc. Dolly and John were more than welcoming and the atmosphere at Eight Elephants made it the best out of the hostels I stayed at during my trip to Taiwan.

Kenting Youth Hostel

Kenting, Taiwan

Aside from the rooms not having windows and thus smelling a little stale, the hostel itself was awesome in both location and the fact that the owner was particularly helpful. He even rented me his bike so I didn't have to tackle the rental shops. ^^

Bike Kaohsiung Hostel

Kaohsiung, Taiwan

I don't have a bad word to say aside from the hostel being dead...but I suppose this was because of Lunar New Year - such a large hostel with only myself as a guest..

Hey Jason, I want to apologize to you for feeling like this way, but please allow me to explain to you what the situation was. After the 9 days in the row vacation (Chinese New Year), we had 2 days off, so we didn't accept any bookings no matter through hostelworld.com or other ways. However, it seemed that you've already booked the room before we did this, so that was the reason that there was no one buy you and our staff here... Anyway, thanks for you review, happy chinese new year

Hongdae Guesthouse 2.0 - New