Location: Brazil, Gender: Female, Age: 26

Giovanni's Home

Naples, Italy

Excellent stay at Giovanni's. Perfect mixt between hostel and couchsurfing, since you get to know a local wiling to spend a long time telling you all about his city and even cook for you. What a gracious host. I've recommended it to all my friends.

Legend R.G

Rome, Italy

Best hostel I've stayed in Rome. Good location, the area is very safe to walk and close to several attractions, good kitchen and really nice and helpful staff. Plenty of lockers in the rooms, though I would appreciate a few more plugs. I would stay here again.

Affittacamere Stella Cinque Terre

Cinque Terre, Italy

Not really a hostel. Just an apartment with a couple of bunks. No common areas (bunks in the living room), no WiFi, very small, not enough plugs, weird rules like if the kitchen is dirty everybody will be fined 5 Euros, no WiFi. So overpriced. I've stayed in a place over 20 Euros with such poor facilities.

• 2nd Oct 2015

Old Town Hostel Split

Split, Croatia

The hostel was OK, excellent location. Don't trust their recommendations of places to eat and don't go on the dinner they organise. All the restaurants they took us to were empty except by people taken by hostels. The two I went to had bland menus with the kind of food you can find anywhere on the world. The one where I eat gave me overcooked and salted pasta for ten Euros, which is more than I pay in Italy. A glass of wine was six Euros, a cocktail was ten. Obvious tourist trap. They must get p

Hi, we recommend places we personally like. We do not get commission from any of the places we recommend, including the restaurant we use for the communal dinners. We are sorry you didn't like the food. We value our customer's happiness more than a percentage of a euro or two we would get making deals with cra**y places.

Hostel Majdas

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Awesome introduction to Mostar. I felt very welcomed, I still miss the delicious breakfast and the crazy tour with Bata lived through the expectation in despite of being recommended by backpackers all over the Balkans. just don't ask anything about it. it is a surprise, Balkan style.

War Hostel

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

A very different experience. The War Hostel gives you a feel of the siege with the ambience, most of the items there are original and belong to the family who owns the hostel. Don't miss the tours, they are amazing. I felt very welcomed and they provided me with valuable information. The hostel has also an amazing view of the city, it's close to everything and has all the amenities for backpackers, like plugs for each bed (and inside the lockers).

I booked this place for three reasons: it was close to the train station (I had a morning flight), it had AC, and there were ensuite rooms available (for one extra euro). It was close to the train station, and the staff was very nice helping me to print stuff and telling me how to get to the airport. But you couldn't lock the bathroom door (it was an ensuite room, a staff member came to check and said there should be a key) and the AC wasn't working.

Old Town Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

I had a fantastic stay at Old Town. The hostel is in a good location, close to everything. The kitchen is well equipped and the bathrooms are very clean. But the highpoint iis Jelena, the amazing host, who is passionate about her country and worried in making sure her guests will have the best experience possible while in Zagreb. She's an amazing host, and the hostel feels like the perfect mix of homestay and hostel.

Good facilities, but so far from the City. I just think that there are cheaper options if you have to take the underground every day. But it's a good hostel and I met friends there.

Il Castello

Bologna, Italy

The is just perfect, right next to the main square. The hostel is lovely, with lockers for everyone and amazing showers. It was very clean and comfortable. I met a lot of other travelers there. But the high point may be the staff, they are all very nice and willing to help people.

I thought it was on the expensive side at first, but with free breakfast dinner and cheap drinks, it's worth it. Really good place, with a bar and night club but still chilled. The staff was great, really helpful. Big dorm, with two plugs for each person and a few more on the room. Good shower. My only complaint is that the AC didn't seem to work most of the time. Also, more like a suggestion, if could have lockers in the dorm, it would great.

Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

Staff is not at the hostel at all times. We had to wait when we arrivedarrived, and at night we couldn't find anyone to let them know the heating was off. We tried to call them but no one answered. We were so cold we all slept with our clothes on. It must much better on summer, when the restaurant is open.

• 30th Jan 2015

Hipster Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Castle Rock Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Lovely hostel in a perfect location in Edinburgh. The room themes were really fun, great beds, great showers, nice staff. I felt safe n the area and inside the hostel. I really liked the wall with suggestions and the different kinds of lounges. The kitchen was good too. One of the best hostels I have stayed in.

Inverness Tourist Hostel

Inverness, Scotland

Stayed there just for one night, but it was nice. Good showers, lockers in the room. The room was very small, but it is really cheap. Great location.

I loved staying at The Times Hostel. The staff is very helpful and ridiculously nice. The location is perfect, in front of Trinity College. As a woman traveling alone, I felt very safe at the area. There were lockers in the room, and breakfast available for 3 Euros. Also, free ice cream! Every bed has its plug. The room was really big, the common area too. It was great.

The Recoleta Hostel

Buenos Aires, Argentina

The room I booked, the 12 girls dorm, was great. There were lockers for everybody, the bathroom was good. Later they asked me to change to a 4 girls dorm and I didn't like it so much. I had to cross a patio in winter to go to the bathroom and the heating wasn't working. So I definitely recommend the 12 girls dorm. The breakfast was good and the staff was very helpful. I felt very safe in the neighborhood.

The staff were really nice and extremely helpful. The room was very cozy. The kitchen was good. I loved this hostel and I would definitely recommend it to my friends.

Stayokay Maastricht

Maastricht, Netherlands

Very friendly staff, cheap bar and great atmosphere. Only problems were the lockers (2 euros a day) and the shower (I had to push the button every 30 seconds)