Location: Brazil, Gender: Female, Age: 26

Ostello degli Elefanti

Catania, Italy

Perfect location and gorgeous building, with a terrace. Staff is helpful, gave me plenty of tips and helped figure out my day trips. Each bed has two usb plugs, night lamp and a huge locker. 100% recommended.

• 1st Feb 2016

Vespa Bed and Breakfast

Palermo, Italy

The location is perfect to explore Palermo. Giuseppe and Cha Cha are amazing hosts - there's nothing like arriving somewhere and having a local give you lots of tips. They helped me with my plans and the hostel is very social because of them. The kitchen is well equipped, there are lockers for everyone and plenty of plugs for each bed. Would recommend 100% and would stay here again.

• 29th Jan 2016

Chillout Hostel Cafe

Istanbul, Turkey

Location is great. Facilities were quite poor, rooms are tiny, there are not enough plugs and only a few bathrooms. Staff is really good, and the brakfast available for extra 8tl was amazing. Best thing about the hostel is the chilled atmosphere.

• 27th Dec 2015

Elifstar Cave Hotel

Goreme, Turkey

The dorm in the cave is amazing. It's an authentic and historic place, but with all comforts you would expect (a plug in every bed, bathroom, ac, they even give you a towel toiletries!). Family owned place! The food in the restaurant is very good and reasonably priced. I arranged tours and the ballon ride and had a great experience. Kadir and his family are awesome.

• 24th Dec 2015

Boomerang Guesthouse

Selcuk, Turkey

Not a hostel - the dorm was closed a few months ago. But they let me stay in a triple room for the same fee. Let me checkin early for a small fee (5tl). Breakfast is amazing. Really really good. 5 min walking from the train station, walking distance from Ephesus. Family-owned with a very nice staff.

• 21st Dec 2015

Cheers Midtown 2

Istanbul, Turkey

Very good place, specially the super nice staff. The dorm was nice and there was a plug for each bed. Stayed for just one night, so can't really comment more.

• 19th Dec 2015

Giovanni's Home

Naples, Italy

Excellent stay at Giovanni's. Perfect mixt between hostel and couchsurfing, since you get to know a local wiling to spend a long time telling you all about his city and even cook for you. What a gracious host. I've recommended it to all my friends.

• 29th Oct 2015

Legend R.G

Rome, Italy

Best hostel I've stayed in Rome. Good location, the area is very safe to walk and close to several attractions, good kitchen and really nice and helpful staff. Plenty of lockers in the rooms, though I would appreciate a few more plugs. I would stay here again.

• 22nd Oct 2015

Affittacamere Stella Cinque Terre

Cinque Terre, Italy

Not really a hostel. Just an apartment with a couple of bunks. No common areas (bunks in the living room), no WiFi, very small, not enough plugs, weird rules like if the kitchen is dirty everybody will be fined 5 Euros, no WiFi. So overpriced. I've stayed in a place over 20 Euros with such poor facilities.

• 2nd Oct 2015

Old Town Hostel Split

Split, Croatia

The hostel was OK, excellent location. Don't trust their recommendations of places to eat and don't go on the dinner they organise. All the restaurants they took us to were empty except by people taken by hostels. The two I went to had bland menus with the kind of food you can find anywhere on the world. The one where I eat gave me overcooked and salted pasta for ten Euros, which is more than I pay in Italy. A glass of wine was six Euros, a cocktail was ten. Obvious tourist trap. They must get p

• 16th Sep 2015
  • Globetrotter

Hi, we recommend places we personally like. We do not get commission from any of the places we recommend, including the restaurant we use for the communal dinners. We are sorry you didn't like the food. We value our customer's happiness more than a percentage of a euro or two we would get making deals with cra**y places.

Hostel Majdas

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Awesome introduction to Mostar. I felt very welcomed, I still miss the delicious breakfast and the crazy tour with Bata lived through the expectation in despite of being recommended by backpackers all over the Balkans. just don't ask anything about it. it is a surprise, Balkan style.

• 11th Sep 2015

War Hostel

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

A very different experience. The War Hostel gives you a feel of the siege with the ambience, most of the items there are original and belong to the family who owns the hostel. Don't miss the tours, they are amazing. I felt very welcomed and they provided me with valuable information. The hostel has also an amazing view of the city, it's close to everything and has all the amenities for backpackers, like plugs for each bed (and inside the lockers).

• 8th Sep 2015
  • Globetrotter

I booked this place for three reasons: it was close to the train station (I had a morning flight), it had AC, and there were ensuite rooms available (for one extra euro). It was close to the train station, and the staff was very nice helping me to print stuff and telling me how to get to the airport. But you couldn't lock the bathroom door (it was an ensuite room, a staff member came to check and said there should be a key) and the AC wasn't working.

• 31st Aug 2015

Old Town Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

I had a fantastic stay at Old Town. The hostel is in a good location, close to everything. The kitchen is well equipped and the bathrooms are very clean. But the highpoint iis Jelena, the amazing host, who is passionate about her country and worried in making sure her guests will have the best experience possible while in Zagreb. She's an amazing host, and the hostel feels like the perfect mix of homestay and hostel.

• 24th Aug 2015
  • Globetrotter

Good facilities, but so far from the City. I just think that there are cheaper options if you have to take the underground every day. But it's a good hostel and I met friends there.

• 14th Aug 2015

Il Castello

Bologna, Italy

The is just perfect, right next to the main square. The hostel is lovely, with lockers for everyone and amazing showers. It was very clean and comfortable. I met a lot of other travelers there. But the high point may be the staff, they are all very nice and willing to help people.

• 9th Aug 2015
  • Globetrotter

I thought it was on the expensive side at first, but with free breakfast dinner and cheap drinks, it's worth it. Really good place, with a bar and night club but still chilled. The staff was great, really helpful. Big dorm, with two plugs for each person and a few more on the room. Good shower. My only complaint is that the AC didn't seem to work most of the time. Also, more like a suggestion, if could have lockers in the dorm, it would great.

• 5th Aug 2015

Hostel99

Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

Staff is not at the hostel at all times. We had to wait when we arrivedarrived, and at night we couldn't find anyone to let them know the heating was off. We tried to call them but no one answered. We were so cold we all slept with our clothes on. It must much better on summer, when the restaurant is open.

• 30th Jan 2015

Hipster Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

• 2nd Jan 2015

Castle Rock Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Lovely hostel in a perfect location in Edinburgh. The room themes were really fun, great beds, great showers, nice staff. I felt safe n the area and inside the hostel. I really liked the wall with suggestions and the different kinds of lounges. The kitchen was good too. One of the best hostels I have stayed in.

• 4th Jul 2014

Inverness Tourist Hostel

Inverness, Scotland

Stayed there just for one night, but it was nice. Good showers, lockers in the room. The room was very small, but it is really cheap. Great location.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Globetrotter

I loved staying at The Times Hostel. The staff is very helpful and ridiculously nice. The location is perfect, in front of Trinity College. As a woman traveling alone, I felt very safe at the area. There were lockers in the room, and breakfast available for 3 Euros. Also, free ice cream! Every bed has its plug. The room was really big, the common area too. It was great.

• 15th Jun 2014

The Recoleta Hostel

Buenos Aires, Argentina

The room I booked, the 12 girls dorm, was great. There were lockers for everybody, the bathroom was good. Later they asked me to change to a 4 girls dorm and I didn't like it so much. I had to cross a patio in winter to go to the bathroom and the heating wasn't working. So I definitely recommend the 12 girls dorm. The breakfast was good and the staff was very helpful. I felt very safe in the neighborhood.

• 16th Jul 2013
  • Globetrotter

The staff were really nice and extremely helpful. The room was very cozy. The kitchen was good. I loved this hostel and I would definitely recommend it to my friends.

• 22nd Feb 2013

Stayokay Maastricht

Maastricht, Netherlands

Very friendly staff, cheap bar and great atmosphere. Only problems were the lockers (2 euros a day) and the shower (I had to push the button every 30 seconds)

• 3rd Feb 2013