Location: Brazil, Gender: Female, Age: 26

I booked this place for three reasons: it was close to the train station (I had a morning flight), it had AC, and there were ensuite rooms available (for one extra euro). It was close to the train station, and the staff was very nice helping me to print stuff and telling me how to get to the airport. But you couldn't lock the bathroom door (it was an ensuite room, a staff member came to check and said there should be a key) and the AC wasn't working.

Old Town Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

I had a fantastic stay at Old Town. The hostel is in a good location, close to everything. The kitchen is well equipped and the bathrooms are very clean. But the highpoint iis Jelena, the amazing host, who is passionate about her country and worried in making sure her guests will have the best experience possible while in Zagreb. She's an amazing host, and the hostel feels like the perfect mix of homestay and hostel.

Good facilities, but so far from the City. I just think that there are cheaper options if you have to take the underground every day. But it's a good hostel and I met friends there.

Il Castello

Bologna, Italy

The is just perfect, right next to the main square. The hostel is lovely, with lockers for everyone and amazing showers. It was very clean and comfortable. I met a lot of other travelers there. But the high point may be the staff, they are all very nice and willing to help people.

I thought it was on the expensive side at first, but with free breakfast dinner and cheap drinks, it's worth it. Really good place, with a bar and night club but still chilled. The staff was great, really helpful. Big dorm, with two plugs for each person and a few more on the room. Good shower. My only complaint is that the AC didn't seem to work most of the time. Also, more like a suggestion, if could have lockers in the dorm, it would great.

Hostel99

Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

Staff is not at the hostel at all times. We had to wait when we arrivedarrived, and at night we couldn't find anyone to let them know the heating was off. We tried to call them but no one answered. We were so cold we all slept with our clothes on. It must much better on summer, when the restaurant is open.

• 30th Jan 2015

Hipster Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Castle Rock Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Lovely hostel in a perfect location in Edinburgh. The room themes were really fun, great beds, great showers, nice staff. I felt safe n the area and inside the hostel. I really liked the wall with suggestions and the different kinds of lounges. The kitchen was good too. One of the best hostels I have stayed in.

Inverness Tourist Hostel

Inverness, Scotland

Stayed there just for one night, but it was nice. Good showers, lockers in the room. The room was very small, but it is really cheap. Great location.

I loved staying at The Times Hostel. The staff is very helpful and ridiculously nice. The location is perfect, in front of Trinity College. As a woman traveling alone, I felt very safe at the area. There were lockers in the room, and breakfast available for 3 Euros. Also, free ice cream! Every bed has its plug. The room was really big, the common area too. It was great.

The Recoleta Hostel

Buenos Aires, Argentina

The room I booked, the 12 girls dorm, was great. There were lockers for everybody, the bathroom was good. Later they asked me to change to a 4 girls dorm and I didn't like it so much. I had to cross a patio in winter to go to the bathroom and the heating wasn't working. So I definitely recommend the 12 girls dorm. The breakfast was good and the staff was very helpful. I felt very safe in the neighborhood.

The staff were really nice and extremely helpful. The room was very cozy. The kitchen was good. I loved this hostel and I would definitely recommend it to my friends.

Stayokay Maastricht

Maastricht, Netherlands

Very friendly staff, cheap bar and great atmosphere. Only problems were the lockers (2 euros a day) and the shower (I had to push the button every 30 seconds)