I stayed in the girl's 6 person dorm. The shared bathroom is clean but smells awful. Staff was really friendly and helpful.

Yesinn @CAUSEWAY BAY

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I stayed in the huge dorm. You may have to wait on the bathroom if you plan on showering or using the toilet. Hostel was clean and had a neat roof space. The common room is very small and cramped.

Grand Theater Hostel

Shenzhen, China

Good atmosphere; such a small hostel means that you have to meet everyone but that's what I liked about it. It in an apartment so that means only one bathroom and the bathroom gets flooded, which is kind of a pain.

Zhangjiajie Bajie Youth Hostel

Zhangjiajie, China

I booked a 3 females and 2 males in the 4 person dorm. The girls got moved to some nice twin rooms but the boys in the dorm said that the beds were extremely uncomfortable. Bus stop is extremely close (look for the tiger statue) but there aren't many food choices nearby. Good rooftop garden. Towels purchased here were extremely small and thin. Staff is usually playing computer games.

I stayed in the four person dorm. The shared bathroom is disgusting and it's never open because there are so many people who need to use it. The shower curtain is covered with mildew. Staff is nice but don't speak much english. There are usually students there who can translate anything though. And you can't beat staying in the park.

Han Tang Inn Hostel

Xi'an, China

Great hostel. Lots of access to tours, good breakfast, comfy beds, good location, really clean. I stayed in the six person ensuite dorm. My one complaint was that the shower curtain was way to high up and there was nothing to keep the bathroom from turning into a lake after someone showered. It's still the best hostel I've stayed at in China. And if you walk down to the end of the road, there are a lot of vendors selling cheap but good breakfast food. :)

Happy Dragon Courtyard

Beijing, China

Happy Dragon Courtyard has a wonderful staff. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. My only complaint was about the door key. I stayed in one of the 4 bed privates and the key was a little inconvenient. If one person was inside but asleep, we couldn't really lock the door because if we locked it from the outside, they would be locked inside, which could be dangerous if there was an emergency. It would have been better to have a different kind of lock.