Siem Reap Rooms

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Perfectly situated from the centre of Siem Reap, can organise all onward travel and trips to Angkor Wat, some of the friendliest staff I have ever met and the air-con in our room was incredible. I have very little to say against this Hostel. The pool is small but needed in those hot, hot days and the common room is a nice addition. We didn't meet many other backpackers but I think during the low season that is expected. If you can I suggest this Hostel as your starting point in Sieam Reap.

• 15th May 2013

Eighty8 Phnom Penh

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

A great little Oasis in Phnom Penh. The city can seem daunting on first arrival and staying here really settled my mind. The drinks are cheap (as they are anywhere in Cambodia) and the food is fantastic. Try the Beef Loc Lac, you won't be dissapointed. Unfortunately we were too late for the first Friday of the month party, but hearing others experiences we may come back specifically for this. A fair distance from the centre, however they can organise all onward travel which was a great plus.

• 8th May 2013

Rikka Inn

Bangkok, Thailand

I have stayed here twice now and not without reason. The first time was due to a suggestion from a close friend and I found the Hotel a perfect start to our trip Bangkok. I feel exactly the same this time around. Perfect positioning on Koah Sahn road and with this in mind also perfectly safe. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The one thing I found a shame was the lack of a laundry service, but hey, with a pool on the roof can I really complain! Perfect for the price you pay.

• 6th May 2013

The Lounge

Koh Samui, Thailand

If you're coming to Koh Samui stay here. I've stayed in a lot of Hostels and I know that meeting people and feeling safe make an experience. You are actively pushed to make friends and the staff are the friendliest crowd you will ever meet. From time to time the owner will cook up a storm and everyone joins in. They organize every step of your trip around the islands and onwards. It really is a place to put your feet up and relax. On another note the rooms are HUGE and the pier is a stones throw

• 19th Apr 2013

FX Hotel Royal Panerai

Chiang Mai, Thailand

It's a Hotel. You get what you paid for. For the price you get a very comfortable bed, a clean room with respectable amenities and a professional staff body. The positioning really puts this head and shoulders above the rest however. It's a short walk from the moat and then on about ten minutes from the main streets in Chiang Mai.Another positive being a fantastic Mexican restaurant just a short walk from the hotel. If you arrive in Songkran, however prepare for no sleep and a lot of wet clothes

• 14th Apr 2013

After a very short stay in Kunming my view experience of this hostel was brief. However, whether or not my girlfriend thoroughly disliked the place, since literally nothing on the menu was actually available, and food is everything to her, I genuinely liked the vibe of Cloudland. The staff were friendly, the accommodation itself felt homely and organized with care. Plus the ability to book onward travel and an abundance of advice on further trips around the Yunnan province proved very useful.

• 11th Apr 2013

Wada Hostel in Guilin

Guilin, China

Another Hostel that has got the general vibe of a travellers base organised. Hostels for me are all about atmosphere and the ability to help you meet other like minded people. The common area is spacious and I met more people here than I have my entire trip. The staff are great fun and even learnt my name after one day. The location is slightly out of the centre but the buses are so simple it isn't a problem. My only problem was the tours are a little misguiding in what they offer.

• 5th Apr 2013

Hello, Thanks for staying with us about one week. We really enjoyed the time we spent together. As for the tours to the rice terraces, because of too much rains recently, the day when you went there the landslides happened there and the road was blocked also for safety, we talked to the driver and guests and changed the route temporarily. Sorry for the Inconvenient caused. Have a nice trip. Team Wada

One of the few hostels that have got the whole vibe completely sorted. Friendly staff, great atmosphere, great location and directly above a fantastic bar. We easily organised tours and our transportation from Xian. Only suggestion would be to not spend all day fitting an air conditioning unit in a room that is occupied, after a long train journey and a need to sleep it didn't create a quiet environment. However this has definitely been one of my favourite places to stay.

• 1st Apr 2013

Arriving tired after two long haul flights, jet-lagged and nervous of a new city I was looking forward to passing out for hopefully 14 straight hours of sleep. Maybe it was my fuzzy head that assumed I would have nothing short of a tempur mattress to curl up into, I haven't travelled for awhile and I was being naive. The bed was hard and the air conditioning in our particular room -I can't speak for other abodes- was temperamental to say the least. Bar staff friendly and train station close.

• 21st Mar 2013