Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 29

Yes! Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Walking distance to all public transportation, friendly staff, fully equipped kitchen, free computers, fast internet, comfortable beds, clean showers and fun planned activities. Highly recommended

Travellers House

Lisbon, Portugal

I stayed here specifically to see why this hostel had won so many awards and I was not disappointed. One of the friendliest and sociable staffs I have ever encountered, well located to all forms of transportation, fast internet, comfortable tv area and free computers to use (they also loan you iPads, who does that!?). They also have free breakfast everyday and not just cereal but eggs and bacon made to order! Plenty of planned activities to meet new people as well. Highly recommended!

Samay Hostel Sevilla

Seville, Spain

Walking distance to the train and bus station, bus stop outside the hostel, plenty of restaurants around the corner, free flamenco show close by (La Carboneria), rooms were clean and had free little safes to store your stuff.

Room007 Ventura Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Everything was great! Hostel was clean and secure. Staff was friendly and helpful. Free tour with Erica was good (Tell me she doesn't sound like Sofia Vergara!). Free WiFi and lockers were nice too. Would definitely stay again.

Good place. Walking distance to most of the sites in town, about 20 min walking distance to train station, free WiFi was good, full kitchen, lockers, and friendly staff. Only negative was the ensuite bathroom in our room wouldn't lock and also water would get everywhere when someone showered because the floor in the bathroom was all the same level.

St Christopher's Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain

Great place! Close to the metro, Placa de Catalunya, La Rambla and other sites. WiFi was good, bathrooms were clean and the lockers were nice and large.

Thanks, See you soon!

Langstars

Zurich, Switzerland

Area was a bit sketchy but I had no problems walking around at night. Bar downstairs was lively and full of locals, even during Xmas day. Internet was the fastest i've had in Europe. The only things lacking was an elevator (I stayed on the 4th floor) and a working kitchen. My room had a kitchen but the stove was not plugged in (What a tease). There was a fridge and a microwave though. Overall, good but plug that stove in so we could save money cooking and it would be great!

it is illegal to have a stove in the dorm, and the smell of a kitchen inside the dorm wouldn't be nice for the others.... still you find the cheapest Food of Zurich in our area

Ostello Burigozzo 11

Milan, Italy

This place could be good but needs updating. The WiFi is a mess (SLOW & an annoying login system), shower would flood, stove top burners were slow (took 15 minutes to boil water) and don't even think about sitting up in your bed if you're on the bottom bunk. Also, the staff never told me that you have to leave the room at 11am for cleaning (not stated on hostel world either), so I was a bit embarrassed when I was in bed still and being told to get out in front of everyone.

Nice place to stay in Pisa. Small city anyways, so it was walking distance to the train and the main sights. Staff was nice, WiFi was fast, and the rooms were big with lockers. The only negative I could think of was the lack of light in the stairway leading up to the hostel and in the room itself. Also, i'm not a huge fan of being buzzed in every time either. I would stay again though.

PLUS Florence

Florence, Italy

Nice place to stay in Florence. Walking distance to all your main attractions, 10 min walk to train station, had a restaurant (food was good), bar, laundry, pool, etc. The WiFi is horrible (why even have it?) but they do have free computers downstairs which work just fine.

5 min walk from Roma Termini and about a 30 min walk to the Colosseum, Trevi Fountain and Pantheon. Room was large and spacious but drafty at night. Room did have a heater but it was a bit loud. Good restaurants around the corner. Also, the WiFi was sketchy at times.

Swanky Mint

Zagreb, Croatia

Great place to stay in Zegreb. The entire staff was friendly and helpful, walking distance to the center and train station (tram is also right outside if you're feeling lazy), nice kitchen, lockers and free WiFi (bit on the slow side though). Would definitely stay again.

Wombats City Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

Great place to stay in Budapest. Staff was friendly and helpful, location was good (walking distance to everything and bars just outside in the alley), free WiFi was nice too. I stayed in a very spacious 8 bed dorm and there was a wall that separated the room in half, so it was like paying for a 4 bed dorm. All facilities were clean and well maintained. Would definitely stay again.

Clean and secure hostel. Felt more like a hotel though but the hostel was in a good location and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Hostel One Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

The staff here is amazing! They're helpful and warm attitude make it easy for everyone to have a great time. They have daily activities planned out and free daily dinners as well to really pull the whole hostel together. I thought the location would be far but it ended up being a plus because the area around the hostel is cheaper because it's far enough from the tourist areas. It's about 10 minutes to the main train station and about 15 minutes to Old Town Square on foot.

The 8 bed dorm was nice. It was split in half by a connecting door so it almost seemed like a 4 bed dorm. The free WiFi was nice but signing back in constantly was a small annoyance. The train station was about a 10 minute walk and the restaurant across the street was amazing. The only negative is that this "hostel" is actually a hotel. So you don't get that community vibe, just a place to rest your head really.

Hi, thanks for your review! Great ways to meet fellow travellers in our hotel are for example our guest kitchen and the bar. After a beer or two with someone from the other end of the world, you'll probably find yourself playing pool and afterwards chatting the night away in the lobby :) Happens to the best of us :) Safe travels, Alex

Inn-Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Staff was excellent! I accidentally booked the wrong dates and the owner came back to the hostel at night to help me. Thanks! The WiFi is fast, markets close by, bathroom was clean, room was spacious and clean, tons of freebies (water, fruit, wifi, computers etc), also had a kitchen but I never used it.

International Budget Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Overpriced but a decent 2 night stay

Rest Up London

Staff was friendly and helpful. Location was decent, about a 10 minute walk to Elephant & Castle station and about a 20 minute walk to Borough Market. Bus stop right outside of the hostel was nice as well. WiFi is free but not very dependable and only accessible in the lobby. Also, maybe it was just my bunk but it was so squeaky that every time I moved or the guy above me did, it would wake the whole room. Overall a decent place.

Equity Point London

Good location because it was walking distance to Paddington station, plenty of food options close by, lockers in the room and friendly staff were the positives. The only negative thing was that you have to pay for internet.

Cheap place and it's about a 15 min walk to the JR line. Not bad for one night.

Spring Time Hostel

Beijing, China

I stayed in the 4 bed dorm and it was great. The metro station is right outside, large lockers, and friendly staff that spoke english. I even tried extending my stay but they had no more room but they did put me in there sister hostel not too far from it. Also, the Swedish breakfast was good (I had it twice in 3 days) The only 2 negatives was that the room only had 2 power outlets (1 in the bathroom) and the bathroom in the room was frosted glass. Other than that, I would stay again.

Green Forest Hostel

Guilin, China

Easy to find and very friendly staff. All possible activities were laid out for anyone who was interested, staff was very helpful, and the vibe at the hostel was lively. Great place!

Thank you for the positive feedback as always our staff strives to make everyone feel at home here at Guilin green forest hostel . Hope you will have a funny trip in next stop in China . Happy travel .

Green Forest Hostel

Guilin, China

Sunshine Home

Guangzhou, China

Essentially it's an apartment that was converted into a hostel. The owners actually live in the place as well. The couple were both very nice and gave great advice and directions. I would definitely recommend!

Tr3ats Guesthouse

Cebu, Philippines

The staff was friendly and helpful. Areas were nice and clean. The only issue was the size of the beds in the dorm. I'm 5'8 and my feet would just hang off the side and into the face of a dorm mate which was a bit annoying. Other than that, the staff was super friendly.

The Hive Backpackers' Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Great staff, close to subway, tv room, free basic breakfast, wifi was good, had computers to use too and a game room with an xbox! Liked it so much I extended my stay for 2 more nights.

The Hive Backpackers' Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Friendly staff and great location! Walking distance to 2 MRT lines (Red & Purple), Chinatown and Central Market. The selection of DVD's on the 3rd floor was a nice touch too. The only small issueI had was that you have to be buzzed in at the front door every time and I felt bad when I came back at 4am one night. Other than that, great place and I even extended my stay for 2 more nights.

Pros: Good location, nice staff, free vodka, and good showers. Cons: 2 bathrooms for the whole place, AC only on at night, and luckily I didn't get any but one of my dorm mates had bed bugs. Overall good for the price.

Me Mates Place

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Great place to stay! Rooms were clean, beds were huge, AC was cold, and the huge lockers were amazing. Loved it so much, I came back after Sihanoukville and stayed 2 more nights. Also, the french toast was delicious!

Me Mates Place

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Hi, Thank you for choosing Me Mates Place for your recent stay in Phnom Penh city. We have read your comments about our guesthouse and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests' satisfaction is our main priority. It is very important for us that our guests' experiences are shared. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again at Me Mates Place. Best regards and warmest greetings, Rotha

1770 Beachside Backpacker

Agnes Water - Town of 1770, Australia

Great place! I stayed in the Sunset Lounge room which seems to be a brand new room with PLENTY of space. AND FREE WIFI!

Nomads Noosa

Noosa, Australia

This place was horrible! Room was full of bugs, checking in took WAY too long, and the place was just overall filthy!

Nomads Byron Bay

Byron Bay, Australia

My experience was horrible. Some of my stuff was stolen, my door wouldn't close, and it's way too noisy. People would roam the halls at night yelling and singing at the top of there lungs while the security guard/staff are downstairs and does nothing. I'm just glad it was a short stay.

Base St Kilda

Melbourne, Australia

Great location with plenty of planned activities. Even free BBQ!

Bamber House

Auckland, New Zealand

Great stay for my first ever hostel experience. Steve and Tim were great!