Non La Mer Hostel

Koh Lanta, Thailand

It was expensive, but worth it! The beach was soo close and not crowded. I just came to relax, and that is what I did. The people I met there (travelers) were all friendly and we always did things together. Can get a bit pricey to travel to the night market areas, but if you stay for a week -get a motor bike! Loved having games to play in the lobby and things to take to the beach. But get a hair dryer!!! Beds: decent. Showers in room: ok. Showers downstairs: Great! Fan in room: not that bad!

Dozy House

Chiang Mai, Thailand

I LOVED my time at Dozy, I was here for 7nights. Gina and Nee are awesome, they go above and beyond. They had everything I wanted to do and see, helped me book tours, flights, bus tickets and more. A lot of my friends wanted to stay here after coming to visit. About the room: Thin mattress, but comfortable. Awesome shower, always hot. Made A LOT of friends. Love the toast all day thing. Clean everywhere I went (kitchen, dorm, lobby, bathrooms). You need to stay here!

The perfect location if you need to use the Railway Station. There are escalators on the East side of the Pedestrian bridge to get over with ease. Close to McDonalds if you need a fix. Quiet at night, easy to find, easy check in. My mother and I used a private room with private bath and were satisfied. Ask for a non-smoking room tho! Decent supermarket next door. (If you take the subway line 2 to get there, use exit A, it will get you to the exact location of the hostel, with escalators too!)

Xiamen Old Town Hostel

Xiamen, China

I LOVED staying here! My dad and I were travelling together, our plane was delayed so we showed up a day early and she put us up in a private room, and let us stay there! She was so sweet-answered every question. Went on the day trip to the Tulou (worth it!). Yes, like her review says-it stinks, but only in the bathroom. Nothing was wrong with this place at all. This was my second time in Xiamen and I'll have to stay there again!

West Lake Youth House

Hangzhou, China

I had a private room (well worth it); Bathroom was clean & not tiny. The 2 twin beds r very comfortable (& bigger than a standard twin) & the heating kept the room warm. There is a school next to it, but b/c I went on holiday days I didn't have noise. The hostel is very easy to find off the lake. I did have issues getting around on the buses at first (some stop so early). I recommend this hostel to anyone! They answered any question, and they let me watch movies for a few hours in the lobby! :0)