Cafe Hotel de l'avenir

Paris, France

The hostel is located quite far north. It's across the street from a metro, but is about nine stops from Champs-Elysees. As others have mentioned, the toilet is down the hall. It's nice to have the sink and shower in the room, but only because we're a married couple. Since the bathroom has no door, it would be awkward if you were traveling with a friend. Good place for the money, though.

Maison de Didì

Rome, Italy

My husband and I spent three nights at Maison de Didi. Didi is a fabulous hostess who speaks English very well. She recommended great, local restaurants and other sites. Breakfast is simple -- cereal, toast, juice -- but included! The location was a little far east, but since you can literally see the Colosseum from the hotel, it was incredibly easy to find on a map. Also, it's located within walking distance of two metro lines. Decent location for a great deal!

It's always a great pleasure to read this comments, because it means that my job was well done. It has been a pleasure having you here and hope to see you again on your next visit1 Didi

Castle Rock Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

We stayed in a four-person room on the top floor. The bathroom down the hall was fine, but the women's showers were ice cold. I had to walk to another floor to find a shower with hot water. Cheap breakfast, friendly front desk. Good place, especially for the price.