Old Penang GuestHouse

Penang, Malaysia

great hostel with a lot of character

Koh Tao Backpackers Hostel

Koh Tao, Thailand

great value for money and you get discount on food and drink at the swim up pool bar across the road!

Deejai Backpacker

Chiang Mai, Thailand

No hot water and an issue with bed bugs.

Firstly thank you for your stay with Deejai and for extending your 2 day reservation with us. With regards to the lack of hot water in your room we would like to apologize for the broken shower unit, which is now fixed. Thankfully your room wasn't affected by bugs but would still like to assure you that our staff are trained when to check for problems and we have a precautionary deep cleanse rotation for all rooms and an absolute room close policy for any affected rooms. Best regards, Deejai

Hotel Sapphire Residency

Mumbai, India

It's a good cheap place to stay if you need to be close to the airport. Otherwise expect to take trains/taxis everywhere. We were put in a room behind the shop next door so it constantly smelt of curry or onions. Also a note to lock your hotel door - a couple of times we had one of the bell boys knock on our door then attempt to open it straight away. I would also recommend they offer half day rates like so many other hotels near airports do.

• 2nd Jun 2013

Smyle Inn

New Delhi, India

As a solo female traveller in the heart of Delhi, I felt safe and secure in this hotel. The value for money in my opinion was spot on and the staff were very friendly. I stayed here twice in my trip (before and after a tour of the golden triangle) and have recommended it to fellow travelers who stayed there on my recommendation. If I come back to Delhi I would use them again.

Santos Express Train B&B

Mossel Bay, South Africa

novelty factor of "sleeping in a train" wears off quite quickly, and you see how basic the facilities are for the price you are paying. The location for the beach is fantastic and supermarket not to far to walk to. The staff seem relatively unhelpful in comparison to many other hostels in SA.

Gibela Backpackers Lodge Durban

Durban, South Africa

great location for Florida Road with a great choice of restaurants.Free 100mb internet when you check in, free city maps and owner very knowledgeable of the area. Close to a spar and laundrette. Very chilled out and relaxing atmosphere.

Hello , yup we are spoiled as far as location is concerned everything you need within a 10 - 15 min walk. AND the addition a free wi-fi connection sure is appreciated by guests.

Diamond Diggers Backpackers

Johannesburg, South Africa

Great place in a safe neighbourhood, hostel owner very friendly and helpful.

Jollyboys Backpackers

Livingstone, Zambia

very well geared up for backpackers and tourists wanting to take day tours and see vic falls. regular power cuts in the area and mattresses wearing a little thin but the chilled out atmosphere, and one road away from the town makes it a great hostel to stay at.

Lusaka Backpackers

Lusaka, Zambia

the hostel owners were very friendly. free city maps and wifi and good atmosphere in the evenings. close to a shopping mall with ATMs, supermarket and restaurants, as well as the bus and train stations.

Milimani Backpackers

Nairobi, Kenya

this hostel has moved locations so is further out of town than it already was.