Kilcommon Lodge Hostel

Belmullet, Ireland

Everyone was v. friendly. Beds were v. comfy and the duvet was lovely and warm. I arrived late and even though dinner had stopped being served the landlady provided homemade soup and bread, which was delicious. There was a well equipped kitchen with free fresh eggs which I had for breakfast. A nice pub a couple of minutes walk nearby. Showers were excellent. There was lots of info about activities and the area was remote and beautiful. I wished I'd stayed longer.

• 19th Aug 2013

Downhill Beachhouse

Castlerock, Northern Ireland

This really was the perfect place for me. V. friendly owner and customers. Excellent location by the beach, beautiful views. Lots going on but relaxed and cosy atmosphere. V. well equipped kitchen, nice dining room and living room. Lovely bedroom, very comfy beds and excellent showers.

• 17th Aug 2013

Taban Hostel Zagreb Centre

Zagreb, Croatia

I really enjoyed my stay. Well located, on a popular street with good restaurants, bars, cafes & shops. Room was on the top floor, a good size, clean, modern, comfy bed & good heating. There was a bit of noise but I always travel with ear plugs so it wasn't a problem. Bathroom was v. clean & modern, shower was brilliant. Breakfast was basic but enough. Staff were v. friendly, approachable & helpful. Thank you very much!

• 3rd Jan 2013