Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 33

Vertigo Vieux-Port

Marseille, France

This was an all round great hostel. Very near to the city centre, nice big, two floor, ensuite room, great kitchens, luggage storage, laundry facilities, nice brekkie, very friendly and helpful staff.

Cadiz Inn Backpackers

Cadiz, Spain

This was a perfect place for me in all ways. Great room, bed, shower, storage, kitchen, roof terrace, location and atmosphere. Power points, laundry and excellent wifi coverage. Best of all was the staff. So friendly, helpful and knowledgeable (great restaurant recommendations). Highly recommended.

Hey Nikki, thank you very much for your nice review, it was very nice to meet you, and we are truly looking forward to see you again, so, you know what to do next time you are on vacation! Simo - Manager Cádiz Inn Backpackers.

The Hat Madrid

Madrid, Spain

It was excellent you use biomass energy and it would be even better if you didn't use disposable items for breakfast (paper cups, plastic cutlery). My room was a bit dirty, especially the bathroom. No kitchen was a disappointment particularly as you are a HI hostel and this is where people often meet and get talking.

The Nunnery

Melbourne, Australia

I had a super time here. Everything was great - other guests, rooms, location, bathroom, communal areas, atmosphere. The only hostel I stayed in in 5 weeks to offer a free towel and breakfast. Staff really friendly and helpful. Everywhere was nice a spacious. Only down sides were the bed were a bit creeky and the kitchen was too small.

Alice Springs YHA

Alice Springs, Australia

I had a late check in. Despite letting hostel know, reception was closed and I was locked out in the pouring rain. No emergency number to call. Amazingly I still managed to get into my room but I will be submitting a complaint. Awful experience.

Alice in the Territory

Alice Springs, Australia

Because it is rainy season and there aren't many people staying the restaurant was closed. No kitchen facilities. Quite a long walk or taxi ride into town. This should be mentioned as well as alternatives of where to eat. When I came to check out in the morning reception was locked and I had to find an exit leave my key outside. Not good.

Darwin YHA

Darwin, Australia

I usually enjoying stay at yha hostels but this was a big let down. I was sharing a room with a functioning alcoholic who was getting wasted every night spilling food everywhere and leaving the door unlocked when going to sleep and leaving the room. The room and shower were dirty. Shower door was broken. The lounge and dining room where unpleasant (poor furniture, set up, decor) lacking atmosphere. Wifi was down for 2/3 days and I was refused a refund. Friendly staff. Comfy beds.

Nomads Byron Bay

Byron Bay, Australia

A nice bed and friendly backpackers and staff. Great location. Cleanliness and facilities could be better.

Hey Nikki Firstly, thanks for your time to review our hostel and we're glad you found our hostel friendly. We apologize that during your stay you found the facilities to be unsatisfactory, and we have passed your review on to the relevant departments. Let us know if you'll be returning and we'll make sure your stay is unforgettable Cheers nomads Byron Bay

Pension Santa Paula

Malaga, Spain

Funky Meridiano

Granada, Spain

Didn't enjoy staying here. Instructions to get to the hostel were poor. The room and bathrooms were very run down, old and in disrepair. Tear in sheets, toilet not flushing etc.. No air con, very hot in room. They ask you not to shower from 11pm to 7am due to noise which is unacceptable to me and the only time it's mentioned is when you see a sign on the back of the door. Couldn't get wifi in my room. Good points - the staff were friendly and helpful. The other hostel goers were friendly.

Nikki, we have not restriction for shower and we have air conditioned. It must be a confusion of hostel. Sorry !

Hostal Azahar Cordoba

Cordoba, Spain

I loved everything about this hostel. The room was amazing and the staff were lovely - I got some great recommendations. I wish I'd stayed longer.

Pension Virgen de la Luz

Seville, Spain

I had a really nice stay. Lovely place and room. Gustavo recommended excellent sights to visit and flamenco.

Kilcommon Lodge Hostel

Belmullet, Ireland

Everyone was v. friendly. Beds were v. comfy and the duvet was lovely and warm. I arrived late and even though dinner had stopped being served the landlady provided homemade soup and bread, which was delicious. There was a well equipped kitchen with free fresh eggs which I had for breakfast. A nice pub a couple of minutes walk nearby. Showers were excellent. There was lots of info about activities and the area was remote and beautiful. I wished I'd stayed longer.

• 19th Aug 2013

Downhill Beachhouse

Castlerock, Northern Ireland

This really was the perfect place for me. V. friendly owner and customers. Excellent location by the beach, beautiful views. Lots going on but relaxed and cosy atmosphere. V. well equipped kitchen, nice dining room and living room. Lovely bedroom, very comfy beds and excellent showers.

• 17th Aug 2013

Taban Hostel Zagreb Centre

Zagreb, Croatia

I really enjoyed my stay. Well located, on a popular street with good restaurants, bars, cafes & shops. Room was on the top floor, a good size, clean, modern, comfy bed & good heating. There was a bit of noise but I always travel with ear plugs so it wasn't a problem. Bathroom was v. clean & modern, shower was brilliant. Breakfast was basic but enough. Staff were v. friendly, approachable & helpful. Thank you very much!