Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 28

Fabrizzio Guesthouse

Madrid, Spain

You just can't beat the location - and the staff was SO helpful. Excellent shower and bathroom - highly recommend!

Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge

Marrakech, Morocco

The staff was incredible - so accommodating. But I DO NOT recommend. Why? The beds and bathrooms are disgusting, constantly soaking, and in our two nights the ceiling leaked, the sink wouldn't drain, and the power went out. Everything was dealt with quickly but I think problems are a typical occurrence. The security was the worst. The maids left our private room unlocked with the KEY IN THE DOOR. Unreal. And only day trips, no city tours or activities - disappointing

Dar El Ma

Fez, Morocco

This was wonderful. While we needed an escort to find it originally (which Dar El Ma set up) afterwards it was so easy to explore the medina. Houda, the housekeeper, made us an excellent breakfast and, for an additional cost, dinner. Best food I had in all of Morocco. The only downfall was our first night there we got there after Houda left and the owners were in London - we were without a map or anything. It was a bit unnerving... so make sure a map already or a way to get your bearings.

Regarding the 'being without a map' - there is a large framed map on the wall by the door and we advise guests bring their own maps as all the house maps never make it back to the house, no matter how many we kept buying - they would be taken. Houda was there to make sure they were settled and could answer any questions about getting a map or any advice on where to go.

Casa Al Sur

Malaga, Spain

The wine "tasting" was opening and finishing 6 full bottles... I highly recommend eating in advance! :-) Excellent experience, great host, super cute hostel.

Cordoba Bed and Be

Cordoba, Spain

Jose was a great host. We visited Cordoba on a sleepy Sunday/Monday in the winter - there's a lot of stuff closed down during that time. Even with the dullness of the city we managed to have a great time hanging out on the roof top terrace. The bike ride was by far our highlight of Cordoba. I would happily stay there again. The only downfall was the showers - one was either icy or scalding and the other was challenging to use due to water getting on the floor... but overall great!