The Dictionary, Shoreditch

Worst hostel I've ever stayed in. How can you not have as many key cards as beds?? I didn't get a key and had to ask someone at reception to come with me every time I wanted to get into my room. Also incredibly dirty kitchen/fridges. Cleaning lady came into the dorm room at 10 am (!!!) made the most noise humanly possible, turned on the light and started to hoover (!!!) the place. Wow, just wow. Never ever stay there!!!

• 19th Jun 2014

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We have now sourced some more key cards, and apologise for the inconvenience of not having one for you during your stay. We will speak to our cleaners about your other concerns.

The hostel was great, location hard to beat, a lot of free food (breakfast and evening) For example crackers and cheese or ice cream and cookies. yummy! Staff helpful and friendly when asked. Was only unfortunate with the people staying in my dorm... made a looot of noise in the middle in the night and I couldn't sleep much because of that. But I can't blame the hostel or the staff for stupid drunk hostel guests.

• 26th May 2013

Kinlay Eyre Square Hostel

Galway, Ireland

Great place to stay, more like hotel than hostel, a lot of free stuff included in the price. Great free breakfast, free water bottles, computers free to use, piano and guitar in the lounge. Staff helpful but at times very busy, because there were so many people staying at the hostel. Very inspiring words on the lunch room wall.

• 24th May 2013

Lagan Backpackers

Belfast, Northern Ireland

More like a hotel than a hostel, but in this case in a good way. Very young crowd staying there, a lot of partying going on. Many things are included in the not exactly cheap, but not extremely expensive either price for the night. Very copious and nice breakfast buffet, free water bottles against the hangover, 4 brand new computers free to use any time. The hot showers are amazing!! Definitely recommended. I really liked the inspiring words in the area where you eat. Have a piano and a guitar!

• 22nd May 2013

Kelvin Hotel West End

Glasgow, Scotland

Definitely not a hostel, is a hotel, was nice and clean, but we had a lot of problems with the receptionist. She wanted more money from us than hostelworld.com told us we had to pay her. And then she didn't want to allow us to have the included breakfast, because we didn't pay as much as she wanted us to pay. Very annoying and not very friendly and welcoming.

• 10th Apr 2013

Glencoe Independent Hostel

Glencoe, Scotland

The common room with the fire place was very nice and the kitchen well-equipped, but I didn't like the character of the whole thing, it was really cold, the locks with complicated combinations on most of the doors were really really annoying and because they annoyed everyone, people left the doors open countering the very purpose they originally were supposed to have... more security... So not very well thought through by the people running the hostel.

• 9th Apr 2013

Skye Backpackers

Isle of Skye, Scotland

Very friendly and helpful staff, kitchen very well-equipped, the atmosphere was very welcoming and homely. Would definitely stay there again.

• 8th Apr 2013

Dundee Backpackers Hostel

Dundee, Scotland

Really great building, feels a bit like a castle where you can get lost. Staff very friendly, huge games room. They do have wifi.

• 6th Jan 2013

High Street Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Good atmosphere, nice staff, incredibly small beds. No problem for me, because I'm short, but the beds looked like they were too small for anyone taller than 1,70...

• 5th Jan 2013