Wombats City Hostel London

I really enjoyed my stay here. It's very close to Tower Bridge, though it's a little out of the way and the immediate area around it looks a little sketchy. I was given an access card that opened the main door, my dorm, and the locker in which to store my stuff. Every bunk bed had outlets. The ensuite had toilet and shower separate. There's a sink in the shower area as well as the main dorm. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I'll stay there again the next time I'm in London.

Tchaikovsky Hostel

Split, Croatia

Great hostel! Most spacious room I've ever stayed in.

Istanbul Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Paco was helpful with booking Turkish bath and airport shuttle. He was also good resource for best places to see in Istanbul. The hostel is located very close to Blue Mosque, Mosaic Museum, Hagia Sophia, and Basilica Cistern. Only two outlets in dorm, which is tough when 6 people have to plug in their electronics. The showers are small - no room to put your clothes unless you keep them wrapped in a bag. Breakfast is included and served on roof. There is convenience store across the street.

The Nunnery

Melbourne, Australia

I loved everything about the Nunnery...excepted the fact that there was just one bathroom in the guesthouse. One bathroom! And the bathroom had a tube, shower stall, and toilet, so only one person could use it at a time. Tat large room would be much more useful if other toilet stalls and sowers were put in. Just a thought...

• 5th Jan 2013