Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 32

Dominica Hostel Santiago

Santiago, Chile

Friendly staff and really nice private beds even when I was in an 8 bed dorm it felt like I was almost in a private.

• 22nd Mar 2013

Little Castle

Vina del Mar, Chile

Lovely house converted to a hostel and the owner was super accommodating. He's a lovely guy with lots of good advice, nice breakfast and comfy beds.

• 18th Mar 2013

13 Lunas Hostel

Chiloe, Chile

This was the best hostel I've ever been to. Beautiful old house converted into a modern hostel with huge beds, quality finishes, great breakfast and super friendly staff. I really can't recommend this place enough. There weren't many people staying there when I was there, and instead of putting us all in one room they let me have my own 4-bed (HUGE) dorm to myself. They organised tours for us, recommended restaurants and made all of us solo travellers feel totally welcome and at home.

• 15th Mar 2013

Hostel Suites Palermo

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Friendly and super helpful staff. Nice communal areas to meet people. In a safe but fun area.

• 23rd Feb 2013

Hostel Marimar

Ilha do Mel, Brazil

I loved staying here with an amazing breakfast and friendly atmosphere. The beds were comfortable and the view was beautiful. The nightly storm was exciting and most of all the island was gorgeous. It is definitely the Island of Honey!

• 14th Feb 2013

Vila Madalena Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

The hostel was great, with friendly and helpful staff. The breakfast was delicious and a great time to meet other people. The owner is passionate about the hostel and São Paulo, and he and the staff will give you loads of good info. Great hostel if you're after a friendly vibe with no partying at the hostel itself.

• 29th Jan 2013

Abraham Hostel Jerusalem

Jerusalem, Israel

Very clean hostel in great area.

• 19th Jan 2013

Rocky Mountain Hotel

Petra, Jordan

Gorgeous hotel with an amazing breakfast/lounge room looking over Wadi Musa. The owners of the hostel worked super hard during our stay and were such wonderful hosts. When the external laundry wasn't working they did our washing for us (with lots of care) and when we missed the bus they dropped us down to the Gates of Petra. They even put the heaters on in our room before we came back so that it wouldn't be too cold for us. Definitely recommend the Rocky Mountain Hotel.

• 15th Jan 2013