Location Australia, Gender Female, Age 34

Happy Hammock Eco, Paraty, Brazil
12th Oct 2015

The Happy Hammock Hostel is like something out of a Brazilian tropical beach dream. My window looked out over the beautiful bay, and each morning I enjoyed the sunrise before a delicious breakfast, a wander over to the secluded Praia Vermelha and then lunch on the beach. Topping off each morning was stand up paddling back at the hostel, night time swimming in sparkling water and yummy dinners with great company. I booked for two nights, stayed for three and wish I had been able to stay longer!

Dominica Hostel Santiago, Santiago, Chile
22nd Mar 2013

Friendly staff and really nice private beds even when I was in an 8 bed dorm it felt like I was almost in a private.

Little Castle, Vina del Mar, Chile
18th Mar 2013

Lovely house converted to a hostel and the owner was super accommodating. He's a lovely guy with lots of good advice, nice breakfast and comfy beds.

13 Lunas Hostel, Chiloe, Chile
15th Mar 2013

This was the best hostel I've ever been to. Beautiful old house converted into a modern hostel with huge beds, quality finishes, great breakfast and super friendly staff. I really can't recommend this place enough. There weren't many people staying there when I was there, and instead of putting us all in one room they let me have my own 4-bed (HUGE) dorm to myself. They organised tours for us, recommended restaurants and made all of us solo travellers feel totally welcome and at home.

Hostel Suites Palermo, Buenos Aires, Argentina
23rd Feb 2013

Friendly and super helpful staff. Nice communal areas to meet people. In a safe but fun area.

Hostel Marimar, Ilha do Mel, Brazil
14th Feb 2013

I loved staying here with an amazing breakfast and friendly atmosphere. The beds were comfortable and the view was beautiful. The nightly storm was exciting and most of all the island was gorgeous. It is definitely the Island of Honey!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
Vila Madalena Hostel, Sao Paulo, Brazil
29th Jan 2013

The hostel was great, with friendly and helpful staff. The breakfast was delicious and a great time to meet other people. The owner is passionate about the hostel and São Paulo, and he and the staff will give you loads of good info. Great hostel if you're after a friendly vibe with no partying at the hostel itself.

Abraham Hostel Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
19th Jan 2013

Very clean hostel in great area.

Rocky Mountain Hotel, Petra, Jordan
15th Jan 2013

Gorgeous hotel with an amazing breakfast/lounge room looking over Wadi Musa. The owners of the hostel worked super hard during our stay and were such wonderful hosts. When the external laundry wasn't working they did our washing for us (with lots of care) and when we missed the bus they dropped us down to the Gates of Petra. They even put the heaters on in our room before we came back so that it wouldn't be too cold for us. Definitely recommend the Rocky Mountain Hotel.