• USA, Female, 41+
HI Baltimore, Baltimore, USA
8.0
24th Jun 2016

The location was great. First check in person was not too friendly. Almost sarcastic about being asked about where to find good restaurants, etc. Showers leaked, took a while to get hot water, and were very small. This could be because the building is 200 years old. Nice patio area to meet other travelers. Wasn't the cleanest hostel I've stayed in but overall a great location. The first night was very noisy. Bring earplugs.

HI Portland - Northwest, Portland, USA
3rd Oct 2014

My only concern is that the bottom sheets are not cleaned. My mattress was uncomfortable (coil type) and I changed it with another bunk which was a foam type. Made a huge difference in my sleeping comfort. Other than that, this was a great stay. I will definitely come back next year for the marathon!

Stone Hotel & Hostel, Utrecht, Netherlands
28th Jun 2013

Staff was helpful and friendly with finding local monuments. Location was wonderful and facilities were very clean. Every room had its own lock which was great. Lockers too and a shower and toilet in each room too. One of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in in my many years of travel! Great kitchen fully stocked with everything. Only thing was I wanted a glass of tea and the kitchen was closed at night. Other than that, I loved this place and I think you will too. :)

Backpackers Madrid, Madrid, Spain
6.9
5th Jun 2013

This is a great location and a great price. You ultimately get what you pay for with this property as certain staff members are not quite as friendly and helpful as others. The beds are very uncomfortable and if you intent is being out and about and not having a comfortable night's sleep, this is the hostel for you. Overall I would give it an average rating since the location makes up for the lack of charm and friendliness.