Moafrika Backpackers

Johannesburg, South Africa

This is a very nice backpacker lodge. The beds were the best I had slept in for all 4 months of my travel. Each member of the staff was kind and attentive. They put up with a lot of my safari questions. The food is delicious, especially the free breakfast. The location is far away from Joburg city, so don't expect to go anywhere on foot (which is dangerous anyways). Only con was the cost for a ride to the bus station in Joburg. Best to split that cost with other travelers if you can.

Red Palm

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Great staff,good location and great food right next door. Unbelievable resources there too. Dozens of lonely planets there that can be used to plan your next portion of your trip. Really sweet cats, as well. I'd stay there again. Only con is limited bathrooms. Only 2, but there aren't that many beds, so I never had a problem.

Rucksack Inn @ Lavender Street

Singapore, Singapore

I enjoyed my time here. Front room is comfortable. Security is great. Help yourself to toast and butter/jam/peanut butter all day. It's a great place to stay!

Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Great staff, great breakfast. Value for the money is off the charts. Stay here!

TCDF Eco-Logic

Ranong, Thailand

I highly recommend this place! The location is amazing (in a small town, nestled in the rain forest), and want to get away from the busy routes, stay here for a few days. If you have time, set aside a week to volunteer. You can help teach children, tend gardens or help construct new buildings. It all goes to a good cause, the Thai Children Development Foundation.

European Guesthouse

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Velkommen Backpackers

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Siam Journey Guesthouse

Bangkok, Thailand

Fantastic! Will stay again for sure. Great location and staff. Couldn't recommend it more!

Aoi Garden Home

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Thank you all so much. This has been a wonderful experience and I will recommend Aoi Garden Home to every traveler I come across on my journey. My father and I enjoyed every moment we were here. Your kindness and stories are inspirational. You have left me with many words of wisdom that I will fall back on throughout my life. See you again, soon! Larry (son)

Lub d Bangkok Silom

Bangkok, Thailand

Great place to stay! The staff is friendly and always smiling. They seem like they love their jobs! It was clean, the location was good (close to patpong, skytrain and taxiboats). It was clean and had a good vibe. It was a younger crowd, and you'll always find someone to talk with or drink with. Close to a good morning market for some delicious street food. Try Suzy's! Going back again soon!