The Yellow

Rome, Italy

The staff was very friendly and helpful for typical traveler questions. The bar had reasonable prices for drinks and the food was decent. I ate the omelet, hamburger and chicken fingers. I recommend the former two, not the chicken fingers. I had a four person ensuite for 2 nights, and a 12 person room for one. The room was clean. The hostel seemed to be a very popular place at night, even for locals to visit. Also a great restaurant across the street called Mamma Angela's. Location is perfect.

Smart Place Paris

Paris, France

The hostel was under repair in the main lobby during my stay, January 12-15, 2013. So that was an inconvenience. The room was clean, but the heater could not be turned down, so we had to open the windows at night to sleep comfortably. The street noise at night was a little bit annoying, since we had to keep the windows open. The shower didn't have a curtain, so water spilled everywhere, but at least it was hot. No Wi-Fi in the rooms. The staff is very nice and helpful.

I thank you for answering honnestly! Except the fact that we are doing some works to improve the common space and that you couldn't turn down the heater, what I totally understand that it can be hard to sleep, we can't repair it during the winter because we have to stop all the heaters in the hostels during a few days so I programmed to repair it this summer because I don't want guests have the same problem next winter. But I will be glad if you can contact me directly by email so I can arrange a discount for your next stay in Paris to apologize for this big inconvenience. . what could you recommend to improve our quality? Please take a minute to answer me to my direct email address I thank you in advance for your participation!! C├ęcile JULLIEN, Smart Place manager.

This was my first hostel experience, but overall very nice place to stay. The common room was comfortable with free wifi, although spotty. I wish the wifi worked in the rooms. I stayed in a 24 plus person room, so in the morning it can be loud, but that is expected. I liked that they have a pull out lock box under the bunk beds for valuables. The shower was lukewarm at best, but I may have had a malfunction because others said that their showers were comfortable.