HI NYC Hostel, New York, USA
10th May 2013

Hidden fees at this hostel! If you're not an IH member they charge an extra $3 per night. Also costs $5 to store luggage and breakfast is not included in all rooms as advertised on hostelworld. Otherwise it's a great hostel, lots of activities provided, but they should be more upfront about prices and breakfast.

Adventurer Hostel, Los Angeles, USA
7.7
30th Apr 2013

I stayed here for the great location close to the airport and the free airport shuttle, staff were somewhat unfriendly but I still enjoyed my stay. The 4-bed dorm room was clean, with no bunk beds, and a nice bathroom and huge tv.

Galapagos Best Home Stay, Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
8th Apr 2013

Easily the best hostel I have stayed in. The rooms are air conditioned (a must in Galapagos), super clean, very comfortable mattresses and big single beds in the dorms, ensuite bathroom and kitchen in the room. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm and returned to this hostel 3 or 4 times during my stay in galapagos after visiting other islands. Kevin, the owner, really does his best to make you feel at home. I loved that I could leave my big backpack for a few days with him while I went to other islands.

Vibes Hostel, Quito, Ecuador
3rd Apr 2013

This hostel was clean, friendly, had a pretty good atmosphere. It is right in the New Town, which is full of pumping touristy bars, clubs and restaurants, if that's your thing. If it's not, the hostel is still relatively quiet but I would recommend staying closer to the Old Town if you want history and culture - but it still only costs $3 in a taxi to get there from vibes hostel.

HI Copa Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
6.6
6th Feb 2013

I stayed in this hostel during carnivale and rather disliked it. My tiny dorm room was right next to the bathroom, with no window so we heard water running and the doors in the bathrooms slamming all night, and the only window backed straight on to the bathroom so we had excess humidity coming in all the time. There wasn't really a common area for socialising either, except for the rooftop which was not enough for the whole hostel. Wifi doesn't work in bedrooms.

Hostel Suites Obelisco, Buenos Aires, Argentina
5th Feb 2013

This was my second stay here, I felt completely at home in this hostel.

Hostel Suites Obelisco, Buenos Aires, Argentina
21st Jan 2013

Awesome hostel. I stayed for just under two weeks. Lots of big open spaces and the female dorm doesn't have bunk beds! Very clean and super helpful staff. Pretty chilled out atmosphere, would not recommend if you want to party every night but the hostel still organises pub crawls if that's your thing.