Trans-Sib Hostel

Irkutsk, Russia

Really beautiful hostel, so nicely decorated and spotlessly clean all the time. Staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. Both times I stayed there it was almost empty, I have no idea why, this place is great! Also they have a BATH (big plus after 1 year of travelling in Asia).

• 9th Jul 2014

Ulan Ude Travellers House

Ulan Ude, Russia

THANK YOU Ulan Ude travellers house for a great introduction to Russia! I loved this hostel, amazing huge common room and always people to talk to. Staff are SO friendly. Big thanks to Sylvia who became my translator when I went to Ust-Barguzin and no one spoke English. I really appreciated your help! Cannot fault this hostel at all :)

• 4th Jul 2014

Golden Gobi

Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

I love Golden Gobi!!! THE place to be in UB, you'll meet all your Mongolia travel companions here! Super awesome atmosphere and amazing staff. Made me feel at home. Breakfast is good too. Recommend to everyone!

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Globetrotter

Really nice hostel in a great location! Friendly staff and good, big breakfast made it for me :). Bathrooms are big with great shower too. Would definitely stay again and recommend to friends.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Globetrotter

I love this place!!!!! For only $3 a night, you have a million dollar view! Truly amazing and such a pleasure to wake up every morning and sit on the balcony with the rolling Sapa hills. Could have stayed forever! Staff are super friendly and the breakfasts you can buy downstairs are great and very well priced. Try the delicious Apple and Wild Honey pancakes. Will be back! :)

• 5th Jun 2014

Hanoi Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

Very standard hostel, not too social, it is a travel agency downstairs so they try sell you tours etc. Breakfast is really good and price is good. Great location.

• 2nd Jun 2014

Hue Amazing HomeStay

Hue, Vietnam

Lovely family, really great local feel, such a nice change from all the Party 'Brits-Abroad' hostels in Vietnam. Great value for money, the lady kept on feeding me Mangos which was so lovely.

• 29th May 2014

NgocThao GuestHouse

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Loved this little place, tucked down a backstreet in the backpacker area of Ho Chi Minh. Staff are great, as is the breakfast, beds are huge and soooo comfortable. Met lovely people. The best thing about this place is the location, down an alley which is filled with cheap street food and at the end is the street beer area, where everyone sits around and drinks cheap pints on the streets. Great vibes.

• 24th May 2014

Yesinn @CAUSEWAY BAY

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

This is THE place to be in HK. Right in the action, and always loads of people around wanting to party, hang out. I met loads of great people here. Also, really great to have a kitchen in super expensive Hong Kong, saved a lot of money by cooking my own meals. Pricey, but that's just Hong Kong. Would definitely stay again.

• 8th May 2014
  • Globetrotter

Dear Annapurna, Thank you for sharing your experience at our hostel. I trust that my team will be glad to see your compliments. It is indeed our pleasure to take care of you and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hostel soon. Thank you and best regards, Eddy Liu Yesinn Operation Manager

Check Inn HK

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Thanks to the wonderful staff, they are really great and helpful. Like the set up in an apartment, and it's all super clean. Not the most social place. I left and moved to another hostel because there isn't any kitchen facilities except hot water. Hong Kong is expensive so it's really useful to be able to save some money and cook yourself. Otherwise, great place.

• 4th May 2014

Khaosan Immjai

Bangkok, Thailand

Great hostel but really quiet. Was no problem for me as was sick on anti-biotics but if I wanted to party, go out, this is not the place. However if you're looking for a place to chill for a few days, this is perfect. Love the light breakfast they offer and amazing cafes nearby selling great food. Area was perfect, near the Khao San, but far away enough for some peace and quiet and 'real Bangkok'. Staff are super helpful.

• 18th Apr 2014

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

Really liked this hostel, really social but with privacy in the 22 bed dorm. Ace lounge downstairs although a lot of people hang out there all the time. Showers were cold. Was fully booked so had to move hostels the 3rd night but lots in the area. Right in the Khao San action.

• 15th Apr 2014

WE Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand

Stayed here just because it's around the corner from the Burmese Embassy. Not so much atmosphere, not social at all compared to some other places I've stayed in BKK but did the job while I was around. Great facilities, good shower, Wifi, etc. and super friendly staff.

• 17th Mar 2014

Pak-Up Hostel

Krabi, Thailand

RAIN SHOWERS!!!!! Such a pleasure after being on Islands for weeks. Loved this place, major detox after Phi-Phi and the perfect place to do it. Great A/C, Great WiFi.

• 4th Mar 2014

Syok @ Chulia Hostel

Penang, Malaysia

Pretty amazing flashpackers hostel in beautiful Penang! Everything you could want from a hostel, amazing showers, huge lockers, huge beds, really well decorated and super clean. Breakfast was awesome, and the lounge upstairs was great to chill, watch movies when the weather was bad. Not the most social hostel I have stayed in but still met some amazing people there. And slightly pricey for Malaysia but you really get your moneys worth. Thanks also to the great staff who let me share there feast!

• 4th Feb 2014

Fernloft KL @ Chinatown

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Bed Bugs!! This was the worst thing. I've had bed bugs before but never this bad, my back and legs were covered. Please sort this out!! Otherwise it's a fine place to stay. Wifi didn't work at all. Located in a horrible area but all the hostels are around there. Staff weren't very helpful unless you wanted to book a tour with there agent. Breakfast simple but you're paying so little you can't expect much.

• 31st Jan 2014
  • Globetrotter

thanks for your comment, as you know a fight with bed bug is an ongoing battle. We have our pest control contractor misting all the rooms to prevent the bed bugs from spreading. At the same the guest come n goes and the bed bugs can be brought in by anyone that have come from any place that is infected. Thanks again, Fernloft KL Chinatown team.

Jalan-Jalan Emas

Melaka, Malaysia

I loved this place! It's really small but filled with solo travellers, which was amazing! Right in the centre of Melaka, near lots of food places, and one street from the main street. Social area downstairs is great, and really social. Loved the layout of the dorm, made it easier to chat to people. Staff are so kind! Thank you!

• 28th Jan 2014

B88 Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

This hostel looked really cool. The common area was amazing, huge and really well designed with lots of books, a TV, guitar, kitchen etc. It also was really clean, the rooms were very spacious and the beds were really comfortable. Unfortunately the atmosphere really let the place down. I seemed to be one of the only Western backpackers there and so there wasn't much socializing to be done. The location is quite good, near to Little India and Bugis and breakfast is great.

• 24th Jan 2014

Shophouse The Social Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Good place to stay in Singapore. The best thing is the location, in Arab Street, right by Haj Lane, I think the best area of Singapore. You can walk to Marina Bay, Little India, Orchard Road and the metro stop. Perfect! Not loads of backpackers but enough to have someone to talk to. The girls floor was very clean and good security. The duvets are amazing! All day breakfast is a great touch.

• 15th Jan 2014

Negombo Beach Hostel

Negombo, Sri Lanka

Really lovely place, with great staff who make you dinner in the evening, and the food is wonderful. Lots of other backpackers so great for travellers.

• 14th Jan 2014
  • Globetrotter

The best place in India!! Incredible, one of my favourite hostels in the world. There's no better place to stay in Varanasi. I could have stayed a month or more! So cheap with free breakfast and lunch, the food is really great. Staff are wonderful, super lovely all the time. My little female dorm was a writers dream. Big fan, I keep telling everyone about this place!

• 8th Nov 2013

Hotel The Spot

New Delhi, India

Really didn't enjoy my stay here. I am a solo female and this was my first stop in India so I decided to stay somewhere nice, a bit more expensive. Bad choice! The staff were creepy, kept staring at me and one guy starting looking through my bag, pretty weird. The room was very average, no window. Wifi didn't work, nightmare for the first night. No other travellers to meet. Overall big disappointment. There are much better places in Praha Ganj if you look around, and much cheaper.

• 3rd Nov 2013

Chitwan Forest Resort

Chitwan, Nepal

Good place, not amazing, but good place to stay in Chitwan. Dorm was good and social which was great. They really push the tour packages they offer, I did a few activities but had a much better time when I did my own thing.

• 22nd Oct 2013
  • Globetrotter

Such a unique and wonderful place! By staying here, you are not only going to have a great stay, but you're helping such an amazing charity. The staff are wonderful, as is breakfast. The owner even took me and a few other solo travellers out to dinner. Honestly cannot say a bad word about this place. I recommend to everyone for a unique Nepali experience!

• 22nd Sep 2013

Alobar1000

Kathmandu, Nepal

This is THE place to be in Kathmandu. It's where you'll meet people, and there's nowhere else quite like it. Definitely one of those places you book for a few nights and end up staying a few weeks... The atmosphere is what makes it. Some dorms are cleaner than others, I stayed in one which had bed bugs, and one which was super clean (in the newer block). The toilets/showers could do with some improvements but this is Nepal! Don't expect 5* luxury but expect amazing people and a cool vibe!

• 4th Sep 2013

Mustafa Pension

Pamukkale, Turkey

Not really a backpackers place but don't think there is one in Pammukale. I was definitely the only Westerner at this place (lots of Koreans) so didn't really have anyone to socialize with but for one night it was OK. Food on the roof was really great, some of the best food in Turkey. Would recommend but not for a long stay.

• 31st Aug 2013

Saban Pension

Olympos, Turkey

I really liked my stay here. The best thing is the free breakfast and dinner. Dinner is amazing!! By far the best food I had in the whole of Turkey. It's pretty amazing that for only £10 a night we got such an incredible meal included. I'd honestly go back just for the food! The dorm is spacious and social with A/C so I'd recommend over the tree houses which got really hot in the day. Staff are really nice.

• 28th Aug 2013

Nomad Cave Hostel

Goreme, Turkey

Hats off to the very young man running the place, did a great job and I felt very comfortable and welcomed here. Breakfast is really good. Liked the small social area upstairs. I was in the girls dorm and had the whole room to myself which was great. Would definitely recommend for a stay in Cappadocia.

• 25th Aug 2013

Arch-Ist Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Lovely place. Best location in Istanbul. VERY clean, probably the cleanest, tidiest hostel I've ever stayed in. All the rooms are very light and airy, and nicely decorated. Met many other travellers but generally the atmosphere is not as traveller-ish as some other hostels, but maybe this is just Istanbul! I'd stay again without a doubt!

• 20th Aug 2013

Hikers Hostel Plovdiv

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Great place, location couldn't be better. Met loads of other travellers, almost everyone was solo. Bathrooms really let the place down, shower is above a sink- not very convenient and none of the toilet or shower doors lock. Otherwise, great place and would recommend!

• 17th Aug 2013

Nomads Hostel

Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria

This hostel is a wonderful place!! Nedyalko was very warm and welcoming to me and I felt at home right away. I met many other travellers here, and Nedyalko took us to a waterfall with swimming pools and jumping cliffs, it was amazing. Breakfast is great- all home-made and delicious. I wish I could eat like this everyday travelling!! Also he drove me and 3 other travellers to Plovdiv, stopping on the way at many beautiful places. Thank you Nedyalko for everything. I highly recommend to all!!

• 14th Aug 2013

The Cozyness Downtown Hostel

Bucharest, Romania

Cannot fault this place! The staff are all really friendly and it's a great place to meet new travellers. The location is perfect for exploring Bucharest (a great city). It's clean, kitchen is well stocked, and there is loads of information around to read if you want advice on the city. It really is a very 'cozy' place, I felt really at home. Stay at this place if you visit Bucharest, you won't regret it!

• 11th Aug 2013

LibertyVilla Hostel

Brasov, Romania

Really nice little place. The best thing is the location- just outside of the main city walls in the Romanian quarter. Shows you a side to the city you wouldn't otherwise see. Hostel is very clean and spacious. Balcony view is amazing. Unfortunately not many other travellers, but Brasov in general is quiet. And no lockers!! Otherwise really nice, and great value for the money. Staff are very friendly! Would recommend.

• 9th Aug 2013

Hullam Hostel

Balaton, Hungary

The place is really cool with a really relaxed vibe and the staff are sooo chilled out. It's a great place to come and chill out for a few days, get away from the city and hang out by the lake. Unfortunately a few things let the hostel down, the kitchen is really really small, it's not big enough for more than one person at a time so I ended up waiting for a while to cook. Also there isn't lockers in the rooms and you don't get your own door key. However, cool place, I'd recommend!

• 4th Aug 2013
  • Globetrotter

Excellent price for a great location. Hostel is in Pudong which is the skyscraper district of Shanghai but it is hidden down a lovely little backstreet in a Chinese neighborhood so you really feel like you are in the 'real China'. Only 5 minutes walk to the tube station, on line 2 which is pretty much the major line of the city and takes you direct to either airport and to all the tourist attractions. I would definitely recommend Beehome hostel to stay, you'll have a great experience!

• 21st Mar 2013