Reviews: chrisanthonyhooper2528

Location: Australia, Gender: Male, Age: 26

Feel At Home

Singapore, Singapore

Hostels in Singapore are notoriously expensive so when we found this place, which is cheap in comparison and looked nice in the photos, we were pleased. It is in a very good location right near Arab St and Sultan Mosque. However, it is crumpled, dirty, musty and has bed bugs. When we told the staff about it the first time they tried to clean the bed but at 2am as we returned home from a night out we found more! The staff were apologetic int he end but kept professing that this is not normal, no"

• 30th Nov 2013

Siem Reap Holiday Garden

Siem Reap, Cambodia

We found the staff at this hostel to be incredibly friendly and helpful. They gave sound travel advice re: seeing the temples and made our stay very easy and enjoyable. The hostel itself is very clean, spacious and beautifully decorated. We would strongly recommend this place.

• 16th Nov 2013

Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

This is probably the nicest hostel I've stayed in during 10 months of travel. The breakfast is very substantial and different every day. The common areas are fantastic and the staff are incredibly helpful. The wifi can be a bit weak at times but overall I would highly recommend this place. The rooftop bar is a legitimate venue unlike some other places I've stayed so it feels like you've gone out without having left the hostel. Very very good for meeting people and partying.

• 25th Oct 2013

Bada Bing Hostel Istanbul

Istanbul, Turkey

This is an excellent hostel. My girlfriend and I stayed in a private room and for my last night in town I moved to a dorm. The place is clean, in an excellent location and has great facilities. Our private room was the same as any hotel room and the forms are clean and spacious with lockers under the beds. We booked for 2 nights but extended for 4 more and found the staff and owner to be incredibly friendly and helpful.

• 18th Oct 2013
  • Globetrotter

Excellent hostel in great location inside a fairy chimney. The communal areas are perfect for meeting other travellers and they have nargila!

• 15th Oct 2013

Crowded House

Eceabat, Turkey

For the first time in a long trip we relied on the Lonely Planet in choosing Thai place and for one, it was a very accurate review. Accommodation options in Eceabat are very limited and the tours this hotel runs are very good. A

• 9th Oct 2013

Anzac Hotel

Canakkale, Turkey

This hotel is in a great location and has excellent breakfasts. The tour we did through them for Troy was very informative.

• 8th Oct 2013

Levanten Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

This is a very functional hostel in a great location. The vibe isn't that god and the kitchen is very basic but as a cheap option in an otherwise very expensive city it's a good bet.

• 2nd Oct 2013

SunnyLakeHostel

Ohrid, Macedonia

This hostel is in a great location, has an excellent kitchen and common area and offers awesome views of the bay. My only comment would be that the staff can at times be a little absent-minded and don't always follow through on some things without being reminded. But would definitely stay here again, great hostel!

• 29th Sep 2013

Kismet Dao Hostel

Brasov, Romania

This hostel is one of the better ones I've stayed in over the course of a very long trip. The common areas are great, excellent breakfast, fast wifi and very good facilities. It's in a good location and the staff are very helpful and friendly. Also a very good social vibe.

• 7th Sep 2013

Hedonist Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

This place has a great atmosphere and plenty of space to chill out. The facilities are great and it's easy to meet people to go drinking with. I've stsyed in a bunch of places in Belgrade abd this is definitely my pick of the lot. The staff are supet helpful and very friendly. Grwat hostel. Keep up the good work!

• 22nd Aug 2013

Residence Rooms

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

This is a great hostel. The owners are so nice and the male owner has some incredible stories. Do the hostel walking tour for sure. This hostel is in a great location, has a food vibe and the breakfast is great.

• 10th Aug 2013

Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt

Frankfurt, Germany

Second stay was as good as the first, great staff, location events and vibe.

• 25th Jul 2013

Bermuda Triangle B

Cologne, Germany

Great hostel!

• 23rd Jul 2013

Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt

Frankfurt, Germany

Ignore you scruples about this hostel being in the red light district. While you wouldn't want to live here, it's perfect for a short stay and you will be grateful for its proximity to the station. The hostel is clean, very very safe and has a good vibe. The hostel runs a good range of activities and the staff are really helpful. Lastly, excellent buffet breakfast!

• 11th Jul 2013
  • Globetrotter

This hostel is very clean, has good security and very helpful staff. The main problem is the location, it is in the 19 or 20th quarter and while you can get a metro for 15mins into the centre, you lose a lot of the fun and romance of living in the centre. I would suggest to people visiting Paris to get a hotel near place de clichy or get an apartment.

• 7th Jul 2013

Choiseul Hotel

Bordeaux, France

The wifi here is only really available on the ground floor which is especially irritating when the owner/receptionist is out as he locks the front room which has the only tables and chairs in the hotel so people are commonly forced to sit on the floor in the hallway. The owner/receptionist is also frequently way from the desk without any explanation which ms,es it diffuse to organise things. He is though s lovely person who is very helpful and the hotel is clean and in a very good location.

• 1st Jul 2013

360 Hostel Malasaña

Madrid, Spain

If you have a decent amount of time in Madrid I would definitely stay here. It's very close to local bars, clubs, cafes and shops. You can walk to the historic centre in 25mins and the staff are very helpful. There's a good culture of people staying here for a long time and then working at the hostel (there are 2 in Madrid). Rooms are clean, wifi is good and there is a good social vibe.

• 30th Jun 2013

Granada Inn Backpackers

Granada, Spain

This hostel has a great social vibe, well-equipped kitchen and a very good breakfast. It's in a very convenient location and the staff are very friendly and helpful. I'd stay here again for sure. Lets not forget that they have a vending machine which sells 1€ beers!

• 29th Jun 2013
  • Globetrotter

The pool and rooftop bar here are really cool and essential during summer. All of the major tours will collect you from the hostel and the staff here are great! Rooms clean and comfortable, wifi (in reception only) very good and a great location.

• 26th Jun 2013

Oasis Hostel Toledo

Toledo, Spain

This hostel I more or less a hotel. The rooms are lovely and the bathrooms are emasculate. The rooftop terrace is so nice, although there is no shade so it gets very very hot in the endings. The let-down was the receptionist. He's a lovely guy but he's never at the desk. We saw people waiting outside the hostel for over an hour waiting for him to arrive so they could check in.

• 25th Jun 2013

Timbo Posada

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

This is a great little hostel and the earlier comments about the breakfast are very tire. The staff are very very helpful and professional with great taste in music! The kitchen is well stocked and there is a good social vibe with a great communal area.

• 5th Jun 2013

Sol Huasi

Salta, Argentina

This is an excellent hostel. The wifi is fast, the locatn one black from the main square is very useful and you can walk to the bus terminal if you are game for a 20min walk. The breakfats is cerial and basic bread woth coffee and the kitchen is well stocked. My only complaint is that my bed had bedbugs which messed me up pretty badly, but i thinkk this was an isolated incident.

• 2nd Jun 2013

Loki Backpackers La Paz

La Paz, Bolivia

Although it's massive, this hostel offers one of the most social, fun addictive vibes I've even seen after 1 year of travel. Only stay here if you want to party most if not every night you're there! The rooms are very very clean, the facilities are great, the food is awesome and the staff are incredible. Although he wifi needs urgent improvement.

• 27th May 2013

Amigo Hostel

Sucre, Bolivia

thi hostel is in a good part of the city near the centre and the staff were quite helpfulk. Bu the kitchen is very basic and the whole please feels like it is underconstruction. It have half finished frooms and pieces of timber all over. I don't know what the other hostels in town are like but I would recommend one of them instead of this place.

• 25th May 2013
  • Globetrotter

Do not stay here for a good night's sleep. Although the beds are very comfortable, it's loud and the guests go to bed in the wee hours of the morningnifbat all.mi loved this but others may not, the food is great, beers cheap and staff lovely. My only complaint has to do the the wifi, which is slow and cuts out a lot. But this seems to be common actress most South American hostels. All in all, great hostel.

• 22nd Apr 2013
  • Globetrotter

This is lovely hostel with a great setting. It is a pain to get to which may deter some travellers given Cusco's altitude but I think it is worth the significant climb. The only negative is that because of the size of this hostel it attracts people travelling in large groups, many of whom don't seem to want to make new friends. So for that reason this hostel is less social than you might expect. That said, the parties here are great and cusco has a brilliant nightlife so it's not a huge issue.

• 16th Apr 2013

Managua Backpackers Inn

Managua, Nicaragua

The fans and air conditioning in the rooms is a welcome relief from the heat in Managua. I was only here in transit so I didn't spend a lot of time in this hostel but I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The Internet is quite good Nd the kitchen facilities are great. I'd recommend it.

• 9th Apr 2013

Naked Tiger Hostel

San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua

More of a party resort than a hostel. This place is in the hills outside of town and accessible by free shuttle service provided but he hostel. I would strongly recommend it. Beautiful place in an old mansion.

• 6th Apr 2013

Hostal El Momento

Granada, Nicaragua

I had a great time at this hostel. The dorm room is really nice and the wifi is good. The beers at the bar a relatively cheap and it's location is really serviceable. There's also a great social vibe.

• 3rd Apr 2013

The Black Cat

Quetzaltenango, Guatemala

This hostel is really well ate out, is in a good location and has great food. The Internet connection is good and the water pressure is fine. I found the staff really helpful and friendly. I'd stay again for sure

• 18th Mar 2013

The Terrace Hostel

Antigua, Guatemala

This is probably the best hostel I've stayed in. The vibe is great, the bar is a great place to meet people and the staff are super friendly, really knowledgable and really helpful. I have nothing at all bad to say about the place. Excellent party hostel.

• 14th Mar 2013

Casa Angel Youth Hostel

Oaxaca, Mexico

I stayed in Oaxaca for a week to do Spanish classes and although this hostel was a long way from my school, it is very close to the bars and restaurants and a great fresh food market. It's not a party hostel but the vibe is great and I met some really cool people. I would definitely stay here again.

• 25th Feb 2013

Hostel Casona Poblana

Puebla, Mexico

The setting and layout of this hostel is but but when I was there didn't feel like a place where you could meet people that easily as none really uses the common area.

• 21st Feb 2013

Tequila Sunset Hostal

Morelia, Mexico

Tis is a great hostel. The staff are really friendly, the setting and location are great and I love the interior design. There was no one else staying there while I was booked in so I can't comment on the vibe but I think it would be good.

• 18th Feb 2013
  • Globetrotter

Hi Christopher, I hope you had a good trip. I appreciate your comments, it brings us great joy that you found our staff friendly and that you liked our facilities, we hope you visit us again.

Downtown Beds

Mexico City, Mexico

This is beautiful looking hostel in a eat location. It just has no vibe, at least not while I was there. There are also no large lockers in the rooms to store your bags etc in.

• 12th Feb 2013
  • Globetrotter

Hey! Thank you for your review! As you mention we do not have large lockers on the room but it is really safe to let your luggage in there! Anyways we have lockers in the ground floor and there is also the option to storage things in front desk! Besides that we hope you had a great stay at the hostel! Warm regards,

Downtown Beds

Mexico City, Mexico

A lot of money has been spent on this hostel. The facilities are great and the location excellent. The Internet was very slow though and it is not the sort of place you should go if you want to meet people as no one seems to hang out in the communal areas. Maybe this was just the timing of my booking I'm not sure.

• 11th Feb 2013
  • Globetrotter

Hi! :) We are sorry you find the internet slow! We are working in this matter, so we can offer our guests a better service! In the other hand February is an off-season month that's why we were not really crowded! We really appreciate you take the time to write a review about us! Best regards,

La Casa de Dante

Guanajuato, Mexico

This is probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The breafats are incredible and the set-up of the rooms, rooftop, communal spaces in great. It was a but quiet when we were there but I think that was because if the time if year. The only drawback is that the hostel is halfway up a very long, steep serif stairs. But that's good fitness :-)

• 8th Feb 2013

Hostel Cathedral

Mexico City, Mexico

This is an excellent hostel! The rooftop bar has brilliant views and the beers are cheap. The crowd when I was there were very friendly and it was easy to make friends. The breakfast is basic (cereal and toast) but this is not an issue which phased me. The terrace below the bar to which the kitchen is attached in a great place to eat and drink. Finally, I found the staff here, especially Fernando, to be great people! I'd go back again for sure.

• 7th Feb 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thank you very much, we look forward to have you back!