Reviews: jurphy

Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 23

Holly's Hostel

Chengdu, China

The location is excellent, albeit a little difficult to find the first time. It's easy walking distance from many of the sites in Chengdu, but also easy to get a taxi right outside if you want. The private rooms are large, comfortable and air conditioned. The bathrooms are nice and there's TV if you want to watch a billion channels of CCTV. The rooms hadn't been cleaned very thoroughly; only the areas you see. Don't look under the beds! Overall it was very comfortable, but not outstanding.

• 29th Sep 2013

THIS IS A PARTY HOSTEL. I wish I'd known before I went. I ended up checking out early because I didn't enjoy it at all; all the staff are promoting drinks events and parties. I booked onto a trip to Halong Bay and all they could tell me about was the price of drinks, not what we actually do. DESPITE THAT; there's wifi, pool, a kitchen, clean rooms/beds, showers, good food and a million people to meet. If you're on your gap year and want to go crazy, stay here. The location is excellent.

• 13th Aug 2013

Wang Fat Hostel

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

We went in Chinese New Year 2013, so it was very busy. The hostel was hard to find, but once we knew where it was we realised how great the location is - bang in the centre of Causeway bay, directly above the metro station. The rooms were cramped but good enough; not dirty, clean sheets etc. The locks on the doors were a little questionable, and the bathroom was tiny, but again...good enough. Beware of the dragon on the front desk; she'll demand your money before she knows who you are!