Location: USA,

I had a wonderful stay here and it definitely enhanced my experience in Varanasi. While it's a 10-min rick ride away from the ghats, it's close to the train station and a welcome escape from the chaotic highway of Varanasi. Ashish and his family are warm and welcoming and great cooks(!). Would highly recommend as you'll need this retreat from the noise and grime of the streets. Thank you for letting me hang around for half a day until my night train! If I return to Varanasi I know where to go :)

I am overjoyed to know that you had a wonderful time with us, Stephani. Thank you so much for your kind words. This is what keeps us motivated to go the extra mile...every single time. Hope to see you again soon! ~ Ashish

La Posada Chetumal Hostel

Chetumal, Mexico

Olga, the owner, is the best thing about this place. I arrived very early in the morning and she answered her phone to let me in and wasn't annoyed at all. She is a very warm and caring lady who will make you feel at home immediately. Try to get the larger dorm with the window. Bathrooms are great with a big tub.

Hostel Zocalo

Merida, Mexico

I loved the tall ceilings and large terrace of this place. But because the rooms are very tall, they can get stiflingly hot during the summer. The staff is warm and helpful, and the location on the main square of Mérida makes this hostel very easy to find. Not really any hot water. Great hostel, would stay here again!

Loved the atmosphere, the high ceilings and the large, fully-equipped kitchen. The staff was great and the balconies were great to hang out on at night. Would install more fans above the upper bunks as it is hard to breathe at night. Also the noise from the street can make it hard to stay asleep at night, I would bring earplugs.

Thank you for your review Stephani! Your feedback is very important, I´m glad you spent great time here and I will take note about your suggestions! -Lucho, HI Hostel – Guadalajara Centro /General Manager

Funky Monkey Hostel

Mazatlan, Mexico

Funky Monkey is the place to relax and chill in the already-chill city of Mazatlan. Salem is very relaxed and will help you out with whatever you need. The atmosphere is very chill and the hostel was not too crowded when I stayed there, so it was easy to meet new people in the common area. There's a pool too and a nice rooftop terrace.

Highly recommended! I had a great stay in this place - it's close to everything, the staff are great, and I loved the courtyard with the single-person hammocks. You get large cabinets for lockers. Very relaxed atmosphere. If I came back to Waikiki I would stay here again.

Thank you for your comments. Since you are a world traveler I'm really happy to hear that you liked us. We try to appeal to people looking for the friendly and relaxed atmosphere that you found. I don't get a lot of comments about the one person hammocks. The idea appealed to me a while back and now I know they are appreciated. Please visit us again when you come back to the Islands. Mark,

Bamboo Beach

Nadi, Fiji

I loved staying at Bamboo Hostel mainly for the atmosphere. There's a large sand area for playing volleyball or just hanging out on the picnic tables. Wi-fi is slow but free. A good starting point for a holiday in Fiji. Staff is friendly and helpful. The banana pancakes are also awesome.

Fat Cat Travellers Community

Auckland, New Zealand

Like joining a temporary family. I was sad to leave, even though I had stayed less than a week. Very communal and friendly atmosphere, beautiful backyard and the staff are very welcoming and make you feel right at home. Cons are only one shower for many people. If I ever go back to the Auckland area, I would stay here again.

Thanks very much Steph :) We'll add another shower before next high season. All the best and do come back !

The Penthouse Crib

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

My stay at The Crib hostel made my experience in Plovdiv a wonderful one. It's easy to find and is only a short walk from the Old Town. There's an awesome view of the city from the rooftop and you will enjoy the common room and relaxing in bean bags with the other travellers and Jocko and Valentina, who make you feel right at home, right away. If I ever come back to Plovdiv I would stay here again without hesitation.

Little Big House

Thessaloniki, Greece

Loved my brief stay at the Little Big House, I immediately felt at home. Thanks to all of the staff who were beyond helpful in advising my trip around Greece. This is the place to stay in Thessaloniki.

Hostel Colours

Milan, Italy

This place is excellent value for the money - clean rooms, clean bathrooms, secure, quiet, and friendly owners. Would definitely recommend. I can't think of anything that could be improved. Would stay here again if I returned to Milan.

Rainbow Marrakech

Marrakech, Morocco

Rainbow Marrakech is blindingly bright with colors, literally. Very chill atmosphere and great free breakfast. There aren't actually lockers, though - if you need something locked up they'll put it in a cabinet for you. The rooms don't lock and there are few bathrooms for the many guests. The sheets didn't feel exactly clean either. But I guess, you get what you pay for, and Rainbow Marrakech suited my budget. Overall I enjoyed my stay.

Meh. Hotels are mostly the same and this was no exception. If you're looking for a night for yourself in an affordable nondescript room, this is the place. Great high-pressure showers, and sometimes having a hot shower is the selling point for a place. Easy to find hotel in a beautiful city. Good price for a no-frills hotel.

Four Courts Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Dublin is expensive so it is hard to rate the value for money for this place. I stayed in the larger dorm and there was a group of middle-aged Spanish women who wouldn't stop partying, but that's what earplugs are for I guess. I liked the common area, where you could access wi-fi and meet other travelers. Not many bathrooms for the many guests. But in a city as expensive as Dublin, you get what you get. The staff is really nice and helpful.