Location USA,

Downtown Hostel, Split, Croatia
15th Oct 2016

Loved my two nights here! Fun people, great location, literally steps away from the most historic parts of Split. The staff were very nice and welcoming. Only things I didn't enjoy were the uncomfortable mattresses, and the noise from the bar below (but that is to be expected from the middle of downtown Split). Also, pretty much anyone can get into the building, but the hostel provides nice big lockers. Thanks for a great experience, if I ever come back to Split I know where to stay :)

Hostel Makarska, Makarska, Croatia
13th Oct 2016

I only stayed here one night, but it was a pleasant stopover in beautiful Makarska. The hostel is literally two minutes away from the bus station by walking, and I loved the welcoming atmosphere and the golden retriever Athena. The outdoor picnic/hangout area was pleasant. The two people at the desk didn't speak much English but they tried their best to communicate and answer my questions. I enjoyed the strong wifi and a free upgrade to a private room! Thanks for a great stay in Makarska.

Hostel Bureau, Zagreb, Croatia
11th Oct 2016

I only stayed here one night but it was an enjoyable stopover. The beds are comfy, the staff welcoming, and it's very close to the main square of Zagreb. The guy at the desk was really nice and allowed me to hang out in the basement all day until my night train. The basement is really spacious with lots of couches and a kitchen area, and I was even able to take a nap before my train. I liked the instant coffee machine as well. Great atmosphere, one of the cleanest hostels I've ever stayed in!

Castle Hostel 1004 - Bled, Bled, Slovenia
9th Oct 2016

I had an enjoyable couple of nights in Bled at this hostel. Great atmosphere, welcoming staff. Also the view from the terrace is amazing. The hostel is a few minutes walking distance away from the bus station and it's close to bars, a supermarket and the lake. Bring earplugs as the noise from the terrace can get loud at night especially if you get a room adjoining the terrace. Thanks for a great stay, if I ever come back to Bled I know where to go.

C-punkt, Ljubljana, Slovenia
8th Oct 2016

Had a great time at C-Punkt hostel. The beds are clean and all the staff members are helpful and welcoming. The location is great, very close to the train station, a supermarket and only a few minutes' walking distance to the lake. The 24/7 hot water was greatly appreciated, especially as it was getting very cold at night. Highly recommended. Thanks for a great stay!

Hotel Alabarda, Trieste, Italy
7th Oct 2016

Great for a one- or two-night stay. Not much atmosphere in that there's no common room. It's basically like staying in a hotel with roommates, but the bathrooms were clean, the staff was nice and it was easily reachable from the train station. The guy working at the desk was very helpful and printed out my bus ticket for me. Recommended for those just passing through Trieste.

Hotel Casa Linger, Venice, Italy
7.7
5th Oct 2016

I needed last-minute accommodation in Venice and Hotel Casa Linger was the only one within my budget. It's a bit too expensive for what it is, but that's Venice. The beds were comfortable and the hotel is close to restaurants, markets, convenience shops, etc. Due to other guests changing plans, the owner gave me a free upgrade to a private room the first night which was great! The wifi was strong. The rooms get a bit cold at night but comforters are available. Overall a comfortable stay.

Manena Hostel, Genoa, Italy
1st Oct 2016

I had a great stay at Manena Hostel, the staff (Julio especially) were so kind and helpful. The location is an easy walk from the train station (although not terribly close) next to an alley that may look a bit sketchy at first, but as a single female traveler I still felt quite safe. It's easy to meet people in the kitchen and the common room. Thanks for making my short stay in Genoa a great experience!

10th Dec 2013

I had a wonderful stay here and it definitely enhanced my experience in Varanasi. While it's a 10-min rick ride away from the ghats, it's close to the train station and a welcome escape from the chaotic highway of Varanasi. Ashish and his family are warm and welcoming and great cooks(!). Would highly recommend as you'll need this retreat from the noise and grime of the streets. Thank you for letting me hang around for half a day until my night train! If I return to Varanasi I know where to go :)

I am overjoyed to know that you had a wonderful time with us, Stephani. Thank you so much for your kind words. This is what keeps us motivated to go the extra mile...every single time. Hope to see you again soon! ~ Ashish

La Posada Chetumal Hostel, Chetumal, Mexico
9th Jun 2013

Olga, the owner, is the best thing about this place. I arrived very early in the morning and she answered her phone to let me in and wasn't annoyed at all. She is a very warm and caring lady who will make you feel at home immediately. Try to get the larger dorm with the window. Bathrooms are great with a big tub.

Hostel Zocalo, Merida, Mexico
6th Jun 2013

I loved the tall ceilings and large terrace of this place. But because the rooms are very tall, they can get stiflingly hot during the summer. The staff is warm and helpful, and the location on the main square of Mérida makes this hostel very easy to find. Not really any hot water. Great hostel, would stay here again!

2nd Jun 2013

Loved the atmosphere, the high ceilings and the large, fully-equipped kitchen. The staff was great and the balconies were great to hang out on at night. Would install more fans above the upper bunks as it is hard to breathe at night. Also the noise from the street can make it hard to stay asleep at night, I would bring earplugs.

Thank you for your review Stephani! Your feedback is very important, I´m glad you spent great time here and I will take note about your suggestions! -Lucho, HI Hostel – Guadalajara Centro /General Manager

Funky Monkey Hostel, Mazatlan, Mexico
1st Jun 2013

Funky Monkey is the place to relax and chill in the already-chill city of Mazatlan. Salem is very relaxed and will help you out with whatever you need. The atmosphere is very chill and the hostel was not too crowded when I stayed there, so it was easy to meet new people in the common area. There's a pool too and a nice rooftop terrace.

25th May 2013

Highly recommended! I had a great stay in this place - it's close to everything, the staff are great, and I loved the courtyard with the single-person hammocks. You get large cabinets for lockers. Very relaxed atmosphere. If I came back to Waikiki I would stay here again.

Thank you for your comments. Since you are a world traveler I'm really happy to hear that you liked us. We try to appeal to people looking for the friendly and relaxed atmosphere that you found. I don't get a lot of comments about the one person hammocks. The idea appealed to me a while back and now I know they are appreciated. Please visit us again when you come back to the Islands. Mark,

Bamboo Beach, Nadi, Fiji
16th May 2013

I loved staying at Bamboo Hostel mainly for the atmosphere. There's a large sand area for playing volleyball or just hanging out on the picnic tables. Wi-fi is slow but free. A good starting point for a holiday in Fiji. Staff is friendly and helpful. The banana pancakes are also awesome.

Fat Cat Travellers Community, Auckland, New Zealand
8.0
27th Apr 2013

Like joining a temporary family. I was sad to leave, even though I had stayed less than a week. Very communal and friendly atmosphere, beautiful backyard and the staff are very welcoming and make you feel right at home. Cons are only one shower for many people. If I ever go back to the Auckland area, I would stay here again.

Thanks very much Steph :) We'll add another shower before next high season. All the best and do come back !

The Penthouse Crib, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
6th Apr 2013

My stay at The Crib hostel made my experience in Plovdiv a wonderful one. It's easy to find and is only a short walk from the Old Town. There's an awesome view of the city from the rooftop and you will enjoy the common room and relaxing in bean bags with the other travellers and Jocko and Valentina, who make you feel right at home, right away. If I ever come back to Plovdiv I would stay here again without hesitation.

Little Big House, Thessaloniki, Greece
2nd Apr 2013

Loved my brief stay at the Little Big House, I immediately felt at home. Thanks to all of the staff who were beyond helpful in advising my trip around Greece. This is the place to stay in Thessaloniki.

Hostel Colours, Milan, Italy
24th Mar 2013

This place is excellent value for the money - clean rooms, clean bathrooms, secure, quiet, and friendly owners. Would definitely recommend. I can't think of anything that could be improved. Would stay here again if I returned to Milan.

Rainbow Marrakech, Marrakech, Morocco
7.1
19th Mar 2013

Rainbow Marrakech is blindingly bright with colors, literally. Very chill atmosphere and great free breakfast. There aren't actually lockers, though - if you need something locked up they'll put it in a cabinet for you. The rooms don't lock and there are few bathrooms for the many guests. The sheets didn't feel exactly clean either. But I guess, you get what you pay for, and Rainbow Marrakech suited my budget. Overall I enjoyed my stay.

18th Mar 2013

Meh. Hotels are mostly the same and this was no exception. If you're looking for a night for yourself in an affordable nondescript room, this is the place. Great high-pressure showers, and sometimes having a hot shower is the selling point for a place. Easy to find hotel in a beautiful city. Good price for a no-frills hotel.

Four Courts Hostel, Dublin, Ireland
10th Mar 2013

Dublin is expensive so it is hard to rate the value for money for this place. I stayed in the larger dorm and there was a group of middle-aged Spanish women who wouldn't stop partying, but that's what earplugs are for I guess. I liked the common area, where you could access wi-fi and meet other travelers. Not many bathrooms for the many guests. But in a city as expensive as Dublin, you get what you get. The staff is really nice and helpful.