9th May 2014

The hostel was OK. The beds are not comfortable, the staff is rather unhelpful 50% of the time, it attracts the unshowered hippy type which is never fun for anyone. The rooms in the front are terribly loud due to traffic and the rooms in the back are hot and completely open and also loud. The internet is good, the staff is friendly even though they are not very helpful, the hostel is clean enough, there is AC which is GREAT and the atmosphere is very relaxed and price is justified.

Flying Dog Hostel Iquitos, Iquitos, Peru
8th May 2014

Staff was very helpful, although I felt that they were a bit pushy with selling tours. However, they give you as many options as you would like and are so kind! Internet was not the best, but beyond that I would highly recommend them!

7th May 2014

I love this hostel! Everything about it is absolutely perfect! The staff is amazing and so helpful and the atmosphere is comfortable. This hostel definitely felt like my home away from home and I stayed with them every time that I was in Lima! Highly recommended! ! ! ! ! I will even go as far as to say that this is one of my favorite hostels and I have traveled all over the world :D

Hostal Transilvania, Banos, Ecuador
8.0
21st Apr 2014

The hostel was great! Great price, great location and great staff! The internet was AMAZING and I am so happy about that! Only complain was no toilet paper and times not allowed in kitchen, but other than that a great stay!

toilet paper is provided at the reception free of charge,

19th Apr 2014

Good party vibe if that is what you are looking for! Staff is super friendly and nice. Breakfast is nice. Internet is not the best. Location is a bit of a walk in comparison to other hostels from the bus, but not too bad. Overall I would recommend this hostel.

Posada del Caminante, Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
4.9
12th Apr 2014

I can only actually rate the location and staff as they staff denied my reservation and did not allow me to stay there. The woman just kept telling me no, that they were full even though I had booked a reservation. They are supposed to be returning my deposit. Location was not good. There are better places to stay, I would definitely NOT recommend the pink Iguana hostel either! The owner there is AWFUL and CRAZY.

Dreamkapture Hostel, Guayaquil, Ecuador
6.3
11th Apr 2014

The taxi ride they offer is a rip off. Although it feels safe, it costs 3$ to get to the airport/bus and they charge 5$. I also got ripped off using their taxi service to get a Yellow Fever vaccination in which the guy charged me $8 and it was only 3$ to get back... The staff was nice at first then the girl seemed rather moody. I asked her to lock my belongings up and she put them on the desk then walked away without locking them up.. thankfully I saw this and grabbed them.. Overpriced!

Deejai Backpacker, Chiang Mai, Thailand
2nd Mar 2013

Absolutely loved this hostel! Staff is amazing! Would highly recommend!

HQ, The Headquarters, Koh Phangan, Thailand
20th Feb 2013

If your looking to be down in the middle of everything- this is the place to be! Music blares through out the night and the dorm rooms are large so sleep is impossible. The owner is very helpful, however his employees are a bit of a mess. One could snap at you at any moment, but at other times is very helpful and informative. The other isn't very helpful, but is very friendly. The bathrooms were disgusting at times. The price is ridiculous as is the 5 night min.

WE Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
6.3
17th Feb 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful! The location was ok. The cleanliness was poor as everything smelt like urine. Nobody ever seemed to be working the bar/restaurant.

The Backpack Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
14th Feb 2013

Loved it! Awesome location! Staff is amazing! Very clean, comfortable and a great way to meet people!

Thanks for reviewing us and giving us such an awesome review. We hope you will be back! Kind regards The Backpack Team