Posada del Caminante

Galapagos Islands, Ecuador

I can only actually rate the location and staff as they staff denied my reservation and did not allow me to stay there. The woman just kept telling me no, that they were full even though I had booked a reservation. They are supposed to be returning my deposit. Location was not good. There are better places to stay, I would definitely NOT recommend the pink Iguana hostel either! The owner there is AWFUL and CRAZY.

Dreamkapture Hostal

Guayaquil, Ecuador

The taxi ride they offer is a rip off. Although it feels safe, it costs 3$ to get to the airport/bus and they charge 5$. I also got ripped off using their taxi service to get a Yellow Fever vaccination in which the guy charged me $8 and it was only 3$ to get back... The staff was nice at first then the girl seemed rather moody. I asked her to lock my belongings up and she put them on the desk then walked away without locking them up.. thankfully I saw this and grabbed them.. Overpriced!

Deejai Backpacker

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Absolutely loved this hostel! Staff is amazing! Would highly recommend!

Dancing Elephant - HQ

Koh Phangan, Thailand

If your looking to be down in the middle of everything- this is the place to be! Music blares through out the night and the dorm rooms are large so sleep is impossible. The owner is very helpful, however his employees are a bit of a mess. One could snap at you at any moment, but at other times is very helpful and informative. The other isn't very helpful, but is very friendly. The bathrooms were disgusting at times. The price is ridiculous as is the 5 night min.

WE Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand

The staff was friendly and helpful! The location was ok. The cleanliness was poor as everything smelt like urine. Nobody ever seemed to be working the bar/restaurant.

The Backpack

Cape Town, South Africa

Loved it! Awesome location! Staff is amazing! Very clean, comfortable and a great way to meet people!

Thanks for reviewing us and giving us such an awesome review. We hope you will be back! Kind regards The Backpack Team