Location USA, Gender Female, Age 29

18th Jul 2015

I love how helpful the staff was. Christine was the best and made my day. the breakfast was the best I ever had at a hostel and the living area was full of fun things to do. definitely need to take a bus to get to your destination but it's worth it.

Anker Apartment, Oslo, Norway
16th Jul 2015

Kick Ass Hostels, Edinburgh, Scotland
8th Jul 2015

Ponsonby Backpackers, Auckland, New Zealand
1st Feb 2013

The hostel was very clean and the bunk beds were comfortable. I liked the atmosphere of this place and the people were friendly. What I didn't like was the strict policy of no use of facilities after check-out.

Hi Brittany, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Unfortunately I think you may have gotten some aspects of our hostel confused with another. Yes we are clean, friendly and have some of the best staff around, thanks for noticing this. However we do not have a strict policy about guests using facilities after check out. We allow guests to still use facilities within reason and do not have any policy in place. I remember us having a conversation upon check-out as you asked me if you could still use the kitchen when you checked out to which I replied ''of course'' you then told me that you'd stayed in hostels before that wouldn't let you do this. Maybe you are thinking of them rather than us. Once you also booked your shuttle to leave our premises at 4pm (checkout time being 10am) I still allowed you to stay in the hostel and use our facilities until your departure (6 hours after check out). Does this sound like a strict policy? My apologies if you encountered some confusion along the way but we most definitelty do not have a ''strict policy'' in place. I hope you had a safe journey home and do visit us again next time you are in Auckland. Regards Holly Manager

Kiwipaka Waitomo, Waitomo, New Zealand
31st Jan 2013

It was clean and had a cabin feel to it. If you want the outdoors hotel for cheap, this is the best place.

Taupo Urban Retreat, Taupo, New Zealand
6.0
27th Jan 2013

I had a problem with the cleanliness, my sheets were covered with long blonde hair. I felt gross sleeping here. It was a very young environment that had a big screen tv and a bar. I didn't subtract any points from the atmosphere, it just wasn't what I like.

Thank you for your comments. It is unfortunate that you did not seek assistance from our staff about the bed linen, as they would happily have changed it for you. Occasionally static hair from the dryers (after washing) is overlooked by our housekeeping staff, despite their best efforts. We do have a separate TV lounge and our outdoor courtyard/garden for those who do not wish to mingle in the communal bar area. We do have a variety of ages that stay with us and recenlty had some 60yr olds who loved their stay. We do hope that your future hostel choices are more to your particular likings.

YHA Taupo, Taupo, New Zealand
8.0
26th Jan 2013

Blarneys Rock Backpackers, Rotorua, New Zealand
23rd Jan 2013

I liked that the hostel was small and cozy. But I loved the free milk, coffee, and tea that came with this place. The location is convenient to everything.