Reviews: mariannebar

Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 24

Hostel Suomenlinna

Helsinki, Finland

The hostel staff goes home at night which I don't like - it's kind of strange when no one is there to greet you when you arrive! But anyways it was a nice stay - cool location and close to a grocery story so you can cook for yourself. Clean. Ferries run often to and from market square. Helsinki is amazing. :) I'd recommend the hostel.

• 12th Oct 2013

St Christopher's at The Winston

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Very clean. Excellent location. Good place to stay in Amsterdam.

• 9th Jun 2013

Snuffel Backpacker Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

Awesome place to stay in Bruges. Has absolutely everything you'd need plus more. Met lots of fun like-minded travelers during the €1 draught beer happy hour.

• 7th Jun 2013

2GO4 Quality Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

The hostel just felt a bit dirty to me. The common showers were yucky. And I'm pretty sure there was some kind of mold forming under the window on the walls of my room (301). Also I couldn't find any washrooms closer, so I walked 65 steps to the basement everytime needed To use the toilet. Not the best! But location is alright.

• 5th Jun 2013

City Backpackers Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

It was a great place to stay! Since Stockholm is so expensive food-wise, pretty much everyone ends up cooking in the kitchen in the evening. Which means lots of new friends and awesome conversation! Definitely good vibe here.

• 3rd Jun 2013
  • Globetrotter

Ah, you've figured out our Cunning Plan to make our guests meet and get to know each other - the free pasta scheme! Some guests complain it makes the kitchen too busy, but all we ever try to accomplish is new friendship forming across the world, so I'm glad you appreciated that. Kindly Lena

Generator Hostel Copenhagen

Copenhagen, Denmark

I thought the only good thing about this place was the location. But.. Worst value for money I've had yet: no wifi in the room, no towel provided, no breakfast included. So where did my €55/night go? I wasn't thrilled.

• 31st May 2013

Grand Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

This was a good place to stay in Berlin - friendly staff, nice bar area to hang out and meet people, free dinner on Wednesday was a nice perk, and wifi throughout the building. The location is about a 20 minute walk from everything.

• 27th May 2013

Greg & Tom Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Definitely the best hostel I've stayed at. Prime location, staff that are actually committed to making sure you enjoy yourself, a fantastic free breakfast (which they even set up early for me when I needed to catch an early train!).. And to top it all a free dinner is offered too. Fantastic. Definitely book this hostel!

• 23rd May 2013

Hostel Mango

Prague, Czech Republic

Good location. Kitchen to make your own food. The comfiest bed of my life.

• 20th May 2013

Jaeger's Munich

Munich, Germany

This was a nice place to stay in munich. :) location right next to the train station and the staff were friendly and helpful.

• 19th May 2013
  • Globetrotter

Excellent place to stay. The kitchen will almost inevitably be too crowded to cook in though since it will be crowded!

• 15th May 2013
  • Globetrotter

The hostel is super far from the city center. But close to the train station I suppose. Also there is only wifi in the lounge and you have no hope of tapping into the signal from your room on the fourth floor. The bar was fun tho. I also stayed at the wombats on nashmarkt and I would highly recommend that one instead!

• 12th May 2013

Central Backpack King

Budapest, Hungary

This was an excellent hostel! The staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome when you arrive. And central location. Right next to the giant church! ;)

• 9th May 2013

Manga hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

What makes this hostel so amazing is the staff- they are friendly and helpful. Excellent central location, safe, and clean! Definitely stay here.

• 7th May 2013

The Penthouse Crib

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

This was a nice place to stay - sauna was a fun perk. Something different anyways. And the owner is more than happy to talk you through your whole trip through the Balkans.

• 5th May 2013

Big Apple Hostel & Hotel

Istanbul, Turkey

This was a great place to stay in Istanbul. Friendly and accommodating staff at a superb location. Be sure to book your bed in an ensuite though.. Otherwise you'll be fighting with everyone else in the hostel for 2 showers.

• 1st May 2013

Deeps Hostel

Ankara, Turkey

Ok, so.. Lacking security and cleaniliness? Yes. I practically cleaned up my own room after the people from before.. Buuuut.. Slim pickings for hostels in ankara. This ones got a great locations and is fine for a couple days.

• 29th Apr 2013

The House Hostel Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

You will feel welcome and at home in this hostel. Definitely a good stay. 2 thumbs up.

• 26th Apr 2013

Zeppelin Hostel

Ljubljana, Slovenia

I had an excellent stay here. Nice cozy atmosphere, easy to meet people, staff friendly and helpful, location close to city center and train station.

• 22nd Apr 2013

Caribana

Cinque Terre, Italy

This was a gem of a place. I felt like I had my own house in riomaggiore for a couple nights. And was able to cook and had a nice few of the water.

• 20th Apr 2013

Archi Rossi Hostel

Florence, Italy

Fantastic place to stay - best breakfast that I've EVER had at a hostel. Great free walking tours. Bit of a problem with ants in the room that I was in though.

• 16th Apr 2013

Ostello di Perugia centro

Perugia, Italy

Definitely the best value for money I have ever had in a hostel. The common areas and bed rooms are very spacious, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the lockout ensures everything stays extremely clean. If you go to Perugia, you must stay here!

• 14th Apr 2013

Mosaic Hostel

Rome, Italy

The hostel was a good place to lay your head in Rome. The bathroom in my room had that awful mildew-y smell that some can have. But, roll with the punches right? Also Internet was quite flaky. But... I still give it a 90%! :)

• 10th Apr 2013

L' Imbarcadero

Venice, Italy

The hostel was beautiful with lots of space - fairly convenient location even if a little tricky to find the first time. Some of the staff were amazing, and others were not as helpful... Overall a good place though and I Would stay there again.

• 7th Apr 2013

Ostello Bello

Milan, Italy

This hostel is so fun that the locals party there. Excellent location.

• 5th Apr 2013
  • Globetrotter

This is a beautiful hostel although definitely not in the center of nice. Bit It is inexpensive to commute since the hostel overs a free shuttle to the tram and the tram is cheap. The bar is an awesome place to meet other travelers and have a drink. Don't count on food though because the often decide not to offer the meal of the day... For no evident reason! But it's definitely got a fully equipped kitchen for you to use yourself. I'd stay there again if I went back to nice.

• 31st Mar 2013

InToulouse

Toulouse, France

Nice place even if a little far from the center of town.

• 30th Mar 2013

Sidsmums Travellers Retreat

Carcassonne, France

This was an awesome place to stay!! Highly highly recommend it. It's set in such a beautiful little village, and Tracy (and family) make you feel like you're at home away from home.

• 28th Mar 2013

360 Hostel Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain

This was an awesome stay! The staff really care about what you're up to each day and that you're enjoying the city. In fact after I arrived and dropped off my bags I snuck back out to walk around and the gentleman working came running out and said 'where are you going today!' And he helped orientate me to the city a bit before I was off. Awesome awesome awesome!!

• 24th Mar 2013