Pak-Up Hostel

Krabi, Thailand

Clean, spacious, good vibe, plenty of outlets, probably the best hostel I had in Thailand.

Khaosan Immjai

Bangkok, Thailand

The owner, Game, is a great guy, and he runs a great business. Facilities are new, internet works well, rooms are clean, high level of security. Only downside is that each dorm has fourteen people, but only two bathrooms (one male, one female) for the lot.

Loveinbusan Guesthouse

Busan, South Korea

BEWARE: there is a 1 a.m. curfew here. It should really include this info in the description, as many travelers are looking to stay out/stay up later than 1. My friends and I got back at 12:45 one night, and after brushing our teeth the owner told us to vacate the common room for 'lights out.' So, not only do you have to be back in the hostel by 1, but you need to be IN YOUR BED by one.

Wi-fi was so bad it detracted from my trip- took an hour just to check e-mails. The bar upstairs is nice, but always empty. This is probably because it is expensive and doesn't allow any outside food/drink. Overall a solid place to stay, but not perfect by any means.

Han Tang Inn Hostel

Xi'an, China

Incredible place. Staff were unbelievably friendly and helpful, the rooms were hotel-like, and the restaurant served delicious food at cheap prices. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed with.

Han Tang Inn Hostel

Xi'an, China

Clean, fantastic service, good food, and a place that really feels like home. There's chess, a guitar, and an amazing rooftop, also. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at- didn't want to leave.