Casarao Verde Itacare

Itacare, Brazil

Wonderful stay at this hostel.. Very quiet and relaxing, great facilities and comfy beds, definitely great value for money.. Only downside was that breakfast is not included. And that the beach in front of the hostel is not good for swimming.

El Misti Hostel Leme

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I've stayed in several el misti hostels around Rio and this is by far the best one in terms of well, everything. It's spacious, has a great large kitchen, the bathrooms are big and modern and CLEAN, and the bunk beds are comfortable. Staff are excellent as well. The location in great - 5 minute walk to Leme beach (which is in the far end of Copacabana), which is also in my opinion the best part because it's the least crowded and cleanest part of the beach! And oh.. The price is unbeatable.

Dear Annike, Thank you for sharing with us the experience you lived at El Misti and praising our services, there is no higher reward then to know that our efforts resulted in you having the perfect stay. It is our commitment to make the service as personalized and attentive as possible, making our guests feel relaxed and comfortable, exceeding the expectations. Hope to see you again in sunny Rio de Janeiro. Kind regards, Management

Hostel Lobo Inn Buzios

Buzios, Brazil

Fine hostel in Buzios.. The place is clean and kept well, situated near the beach, although not a great beach. Alright stay. Not too much atmosphere though.

El Misti House

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Pretty cramped place.. Bathrooms are pretty much disgusting, and there are way too few of them compared to how many guests stay here. Rooms are dark and dingy and SO CRAMPED. Eisch. Not great value for money, stay at el misti in Leme instead.

Loki del Mar

Mancora, Peru

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS LOKI!!!!

Chill House Montanita

Montanita, Ecuador

This place is pretty gross in terms of facilities.. Staff is great though!

Great hostel.. Only negative thing I can say about them are that I asked if they could call a taxi for me to go to the bus station as I had an overnight bus to catch. They did, but apparently they couldn't get through on the phone. Maybe an idea to tell the guest that you're not able to get a taxi? I literally had to run to the bus station, and almost missed my bus! Ridiculous.

Vibes Hostel

Quito, Ecuador

This place was gross. Only pro was that the dorms were spacious. But absolutely no atmosphere.. Don't understand why this place is so popular

Thanks very much for your refined comment, it is highly appreciated. This place is so popular because the people who stay here are cool and awesome looking ofr a party hostel atmosphere unlike the ones looking for a luxury palace, we will be happy to recommend that kind of places for your next stays, thanks

12:12 Hostels

Miami Hostel

Miami, USA

Livingstone Backpackers

Livingstone, Zambia

I had a wonderful stay at Livingstone Backpackers. The staff are genuinely friendly and always smiling, the breakfast is simple but served fast, the pool area is good with lots of sunbeds and the whole hostel is just run really well.

Baby Bush Lodge

Zanzibar, Tanzania

ONCE in Cape Town

Cape Town, South Africa

More of a hotel than hostel. No hostel feeling, and not great common areas for meeting people, although the kitchen was alright. Check in took FOREVER. Cleanliness was great. But overall. The hostel had a quite impersonal feeling to it.. And why was everyone staying here a model..? Strange.

Thank you for your candid review - we always appreciate honest feedback. Once in Cape Town used to be a Lodge, Hotel, and once even a student hostel in the 1950's, so this may explain the hotel feeling. It's a pity you weren't able to join one of our daily free walking tours, as this is a great way to meet new people, and apart from the kitchen We have an outside braai and relax area, and have recently updated our lounge area with TV etc. We have taken your comment about the check-in to heart, and will aim to improve this process. We thank you for your comments, and wish you a great rest of your trip around South Africa.

Cape Town Backpackers

Cape Town, South Africa

All over an alright place to stay. Location is good as it is right by Kloof street, in my opinion one of the best places to stay in CT, but traffick is rather bad outside the hostel so can be quite noisy. Facilities are worn and in need of upgrade. Very few power outlets... So annoying!! There are a couple of good spots to hangout, I liked the kitchen, but we were not allowed to hang out outside after 10 pm, which was rather disappointing and lowered the atmosphere. All in all an ok hostel!!