Location: New Zealand, Gender: Female, Age: 40

After not having my booking for my first night I was upgraded to a private room which was great as it was their mistake. Then was transferred to dorm for my final 3 days for which I preferred anyway. I think they should open the kitchen earlier than 7am for those who leave earlier other than that a pretty relaxed place to stay although I do think it could do with some woman working there as too many guys. It could do with a bit of a touch up.

Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea

I wish I had something nice to say about this hostel as when its recommended by hostelworld its usually pretty good. On this occasion it was not with all the bunk confusion in our dorm and when talking to the staff they were unhelpful and rude (sorry but bunk shifting when paying for 6 nights is not the norm) The cleanliness of the hostel was awful and the worse I had seen on this trip. They seemed more interested in partying at the bar than actually working.

Thank you for your comment. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay as much as we would have loved to. Some other guests have been changing beds without telling the staff during your stay, that is why there has been some confusion unfortunately. We always try to provide the best customer service possible and guests are usually satisfied about it, we would really be happy to have you back with us sometimes to make it better.

Hostel Van Gogh

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Aside from the very unfriendly staff I enjoyed my stay here especially my superior 6 bed female dorm so worth it for the extra comfort. Great to have a lift and location was perfect so very hard to fault this hostel except for the staff I did not find them particularly friendly but all in all great hostel.

PLUS Berlin

Berlin, Germany

While this hostel may not be located in the best area its worth the money. Its a big hostel and you dont get to meet many people because of that but the value for budget travelling is good. Just dont get a room facing the street as its loud also wifi is very intermittent.

Freedom Traveller

Rome, Italy

Good value for money and close to termini station plus easy to get too from all tourists spots. Not great if you want to meet people as its all split on different levels, but staff very helpful and nice. Breakfast isn't much but a good start for the day and supermarket is close by.

I enjoyed staying here in terms of location to Metro but was staying on 1st floor and bar was quite noisy. I liked that the beds had curtains and lights etc. I wished that they had more rubbish bins in the rooms and also could have used a bath mat for the shower and hand soap would have been good too plus changing the small rubbish bin we did have everyday would have been good too. Other than that the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Thank you very much for taking some time to leave us your thoughts. We're happy to see it was a pleasant stay with us, we're very grateful for the recommendations too, we will see if there is anyway to get some of these into action. Thank you again, St Christopher's Inn GDN

Eva's Backpackers

Sydney, Australia

While I don't like to make a bad comment there are a few things they should improveā€¦ bath mat and hand towel were there the whole 3 days (longer than thatI presume) and were beginning to smell. Having the tv area in the hallway of the first floor where 5 dorms were was not good as there was no curfew in turning it off or even keeping it down after a certain hour. Dishes/kitchen weren't particularly clean but they did have someone to help out with that

Saltwater Lodge

Paihia, New Zealand

Got stuck with a whole lot of german students who were talking very loudly out on the deck every night

Base Wellington

Wellington, New Zealand

I really wish I had something nice to say about this hostel, but staff were awful as was there supposed cleaning having the lockers under the bed is a terrible idea as in a small room with 3 bunks and no where to put your bags so left no room for us to even wo=alk round. Staying the female dorm was a joke as guys used our bathroom etc. Oh and $20 key deopsit and 3% surcharge on using credit cards no where was it mentioned in booking. The only thing I liked bout this hostel was location.

HI-Victoria

Victoria, Canada

It was an ideal location as it is close to Parliament buildings etc. Right in downtown too.

USA Hostels San Diego

San Diego, USA

Pretty good location with easy access to public transport. My one downfall about the place was we lost wifi for nearly 2 days with no notice and having th share the bathrooms with guys was pretty gross after waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom to see a guy peeing with the door open lol.

USA Hostels Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

Loved the fact it was so close to Hollywood walk of fame, so easy to get round with public transport. Also liked the hostel meals for $6 saves cooking.

USA Hostels San Francisco

San Francisco, USA

Great location in terms of public transport and great breakfast too.

Aside from having to walk 18 blocks from the Greyound station this hostel is in a nice location and easy access to public transport. Staff very helpful too.

City Hostel Seattle

Seattle, USA

Location was great and since it was a new hostel the place was very tidy. My only complaint was that we couldnt close the blinds and had street lights streeming in. Also the breakfast was great too.

Prague 1 Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

THE ONLY THING I FOUND WRONG WITH THE HOSTEL WAS WE WERE MOVED INTO ANOTHER ROOM THE ONE I ORGINALLY ASKED FOR WITHOUT BEING TOLD AND CAME BACK TO FIND ALL OUR STUFFED MOVED.BUT ASIDE FROM THAT IT IS IN A PRIME LOCATION FOR ALL THE TOURISH STUFF AND FOR THE PRICE YOU PAY ITS REALLY OK.THE LADY IS A BIT WEIRD BUT OTHERWISE FOR A FEW DAYS YOU CAN HANDLE IT.