The New York Loft Hostel

New York, USA

This is a fantastic hostel and I will be staying here again. The one bad point is the security - people stay here who aren't officially staying here - randoms will ask if there's a spare bed in peoples rooms so they can crash for free or, failing that, sleep on the garden furniture or sofas in the communal area. Locals also wander in and out (usually around the time there is free food, such as breakfast and the BBQ). Everyone has key cards - perhaps secure the entrances electronically? Thanks

• 18th Jul 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your input- we will take into account your feedback to help better our services. Our security team will most definitely be informed of this. Also, our entrances after a certain time do electronically lock and you can only enter if you have a room key. Thanks again for staying with us.

The Dictionary, Shoreditch

Having been told off for using this word by Rebecca on reception, I think it only fitting to use it here: A.M.A.Z.E.B.A.L.L.S. Honestly, it's the first word that comes to mind. Great hostel, comfy beds, rooms are spacious (I stayed in the 4 bed), and good showers. The communal area - Translate - has a great vibe to it too. Kitchen is a little small so the (free) breakfast can be a bit crowded but still I really recommend it. By far the best hostel in the big smoke, and it's in Shoreditch. Winner

• 21st Apr 2013

Equity Point London

The room was nice- I had gone for a 4 bed room just so it would be a little quieter. Unfortunately, it seems the majority of the 4 bed rooms are right next to the wooden staircase that services all of the other rooms (I've stayed there twice, and both times I was next to the stairs, although in different rooms). Subsequently, you were kept awake half the night by people running up and down the staircases. I would recommend staying here, it's just not worth paying the extra for the 4 bed rooms.

The New York Loft Hostel

New York, USA

By far the best hostel I've ever stayed in, and I've stayed in a lot of hostels. Nice atmosphere, great staff, comfy beds, clean facilities, free wifi, great kitchen and chill out area, and the free breakfast is amazeballs! Location is a little out of the way but with the J, Z, M, L and G trains all within a 15 minute walk it's convenient for Manhattan and getting to and from JFK. Only downside; you will be bitterly disappointed with any future hostels you stay in, as I'm painfully discovering.

• 27th Jan 2013