New Cross Inn Hostel

okay for the price.

Wombats City Hostel London

No way of indentifying a bed as being used - either assign beds or have bulldog clips on the side of the bed where a guest can attach a note of when the guest is checking out. This way, when a guest comes back to the hostel at midnight he won't find himself with someone else passed out in his bed and then have to go back to reception to get new sheets. No toilet roll. Room smelt terrible. Guy on reception was so stoned he thought I was 3 different customers. Doorman was incredibly rude.

Hi there and thank you for your helpful review. When this situation was brought to our attention, we were surprised as usually our staff is very helpful and reliable. We will talk with them about it and we will make sure that this doesn't happen again. If you would like to give us more detailed information, please do not hesitate to contact us on londonrecemanager@wombats.eu Happy travels!

St Christopher's Greenwich

No windows in the room so it was ridiculously hot in there. A guy was asleep in my bed when I turned up so I had to wait to get access. Toilets were relatively unpleasant. Was told I could check out anytime before 10am but when I tried to check out at 645 I couldn't so lost my key deposit.

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. While all our rooms have windows some are smaller skylights and we know they allow limited ventilation, we have been trying to combat the unusual heat with additional fans but are sorry this was not enough. We're sorry you were misinformed about our reception hours and will speak to staff to ensure this does not happen again, you may like to know your deposit has been donated to the Team Margot charity, The St Christopher's Greenwich team.

USA Hostels San Francisco

San Francisco, USA

Orange Drive Hostel

Los Angeles, USA

- Bed sheets weren't changed between guests (4 people rotated in my room during my stay, and I mentioned sheets hadn't been changed but reception did nothing) - Beds were broken so were incredibly uncomfortable - Wifi didn't work in the room - 2 people were shot, as in with a handgun, within 30 metres of the hostel (the first was right in front of the hostel) on 2 separate occasions in one week.

The New York Loft Hostel

New York, USA

This is a fantastic hostel and I will be staying here again. The one bad point is the security - people stay here who aren't officially staying here - randoms will ask if there's a spare bed in peoples rooms so they can crash for free or, failing that, sleep on the garden furniture or sofas in the communal area. Locals also wander in and out (usually around the time there is free food, such as breakfast and the BBQ). Everyone has key cards - perhaps secure the entrances electronically? Thanks

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your input- we will take into account your feedback to help better our services. Our security team will most definitely be informed of this. Also, our entrances after a certain time do electronically lock and you can only enter if you have a room key. Thanks again for staying with us.

Having been told off for using this word by Rebecca on reception, I think it only fitting to use it here: A.M.A.Z.E.B.A.L.L.S. Honestly, it's the first word that comes to mind. Great hostel, comfy beds, rooms are spacious (I stayed in the 4 bed), and good showers. The communal area - Translate - has a great vibe to it too. Kitchen is a little small so the (free) breakfast can be a bit crowded but still I really recommend it. By far the best hostel in the big smoke, and it's in Shoreditch. Winner

Equity Point London

The room was nice- I had gone for a 4 bed room just so it would be a little quieter. Unfortunately, it seems the majority of the 4 bed rooms are right next to the wooden staircase that services all of the other rooms (I've stayed there twice, and both times I was next to the stairs, although in different rooms). Subsequently, you were kept awake half the night by people running up and down the staircases. I would recommend staying here, it's just not worth paying the extra for the 4 bed rooms.

The New York Loft Hostel

New York, USA

By far the best hostel I've ever stayed in, and I've stayed in a lot of hostels. Nice atmosphere, great staff, comfy beds, clean facilities, free wifi, great kitchen and chill out area, and the free breakfast is amazeballs! Location is a little out of the way but with the J, Z, M, L and G trains all within a 15 minute walk it's convenient for Manhattan and getting to and from JFK. Only downside; you will be bitterly disappointed with any future hostels you stay in, as I'm painfully discovering.