Geckos Hostel

Florianopolis, Brazil

This is an excellent promessing new hostel in Lagoa da Conceicao Florianopolis. It is very well located in front of the Lagoa close to restaurants and supermarkets, the bus terminal is walking distance. It is little far from the beach and you need bus to get there, but the bus stop is in front of the hostel. The staff is cordial and they gave me a lot of tips for places to go on raining days. It is clean, the dorms are nice and the beds are comfortable. I recommend it.

• 21st Oct 2013

Curitiba Casa Hostel

Curitiba, Brazil

It is more likely an hotel than hostel. There are so many rules that make it not suitable for backpackers. They didn't allow us to get our bed even if the hostel was empty. I had also to pay my breakfast on the day we arrived. It was impossible to meet new people on the lobby or the room, since they are all there for anything than travelling. For me it was poor atmosphere.

• 19th Oct 2013

Klein Hostel

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Klein Hostel is excellent choice in Foz do Iguacu. It is secure, clean and walking distance to the bus station. The staff is friendly and the provided me a lot of tips. They own tour company and makes their own plan to the major attractions with better price then averybody else. They have nice breakfast and lot of guests to meet. I recommend it.

• 15th Oct 2013
  • All Male Group, 41+

The room was very clean and all beds are made every morning. There is a full kitchen and excellent bar. But the room is noisy and too much clear, hard to sleep early. Excellent location, close to everything... Ah breakfast is included but in a restaurant across the street.

Excellent hostel, the rooms are clean and the beds are private with own lights, The staff is friendly and they have excellent travel company inside where you can buy with reasonable price your package to all Inca sites. There is an excellent bar upstairs, far from the rooms, so the noise of parties there will not bother your sleep. As said in the site, it is located in the center of Cusco, very close to Plaza de Armas. I recommend it.

Hostal Pakarina

Aguas Calientes, Peru

Excellent private room with cable TV. It is in the top of bar / restaurant, there is no kitchen or common area. There is no travel agency but you can purchase your ticket to Machu Picchu near by. There is simple breakfast included but you can order additional itens from the kitchen.

Sumac Chaska Hostel

Ollantaytambo, Peru

Excellent rooms, clean and they have full kitchen with tables like restaurant. Ask the staff about Inca ruins that are not in the tourist scene and are free to visit like the Inca Pool. I recommend it!