Location: USA,

Another great St. Chris's. Rooms were huge and really well kept and nice. Bed curtain was nice for blocking out when roommates turned lights on late at night. Bathrooms had quite a few showers and separated males from females. Building was very hotel like with sharing same building as a Holiday Inn. Also being right on a canal gave some nice views from the bar but all rooms faced the street unfortunately. Kind of far from the city center and attractions though.

Hey. We're really happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us here at yet another great St Chris! Here's a little tip for next time, either book an en-suite room or a 12 bed dorm (request one of the -11 rooms) and you'll get a cracking view of the canal. Thank you for your comments and hopefully you'll be back to visit us. Kind regards, St Christopher's Inn Paris Canal

St Christopher's at The Winston

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great hostel. I always stay in St. Chris hostels now because of this place. Ensuite was nice, felt like a hotel bathroom. Also got a towel with shampoo with my bed which I've never seen at a hostel. Downside was the bar was below my room which I could hear a little and the windows did not do much for blocking out sound from the street, its a busy. Great location in an oldish building, which you could tell sometimes in the room. But just around the block from Dam Square and Red Light District!

Astor Victoria

Hostel was alright. Rooms were very small and bathrooms felt like I was in a closet. Also not very many bathrooms or showers per floor so sharing was a little difficult. Breakfast was like every other hostel and free but you had to wash your dishes after and eating area was kind of small so hard to find room with a few people in our group. Staff was decent but nothing special. Location is excellent though, just a short walk from Victoria station and Buckingham Palace.

• 25th Jan 2013