This was one of the best hostels I stayed in during my three month trip. It was cheap, but it was cleaner than most of the more expensive ones I stayed in. The kitchen was good as well, and the toilets were actually fresh. Also, it was pretty close to the city centre (5-10 min walk). I'd definitely recommend this!

• 8th Apr 2013

The Old Swan Barracks

Perth, Australia

Me and my three friends stayed there for two nights, and even though we'd booked a four bed dorm, they split us up. My room was very small and dirty, and the air was really stuffy and bad. The kitchen was okay, but the bathrooms were pretty dirty as well. I don't really understand why this hostel has so high rating, but I guess it's good if you want a good location.

• 27th Mar 2013

Islander Backpackers Resort

Surfers Paradise, Australia

I stayed there for about a week, only because of the location. It's in the middle of Surfers Paradise so it's close to everything. However, there were many bad things about the hostel. Most of the staff was friendly, except for one woman who was very rude. The kitchen was disgusting - the pots and pans were always dirty and we even saw a cockroach in there once. The stove was too small and there was just dirt everywhere. Overall, the hostel was dirty and the only good thing was the location.

• 26th Feb 2013

Surfers Paradise Backpackers Resort

Surfers Paradise, Australia

I had a good time staying at this hostel. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean and fresh and there was always something going on every night if you wanted to go out. The hostel is about 15-20 metres from the centre of Surfers Paradise, but they had a free shuttle bus every hour until 7 pm so that was good.

• 22nd Feb 2013

Backpackers Holiday Village

Byron Bay, Australia

I had a good time staying at this hostel. The bathrooms were pretty clean and the kitchen was ok as well. The hostel is right across the street from Cheeky Monkey's so that was good, and it's not too far from the beach either.

• 16th Feb 2013

Cape Byron YHA

Byron Bay, Australia

I had a great time staying at this hostel. The kitchen was pretty big, and the place was clean for being a hostel. There was always a lot of people partying, but everyone had to leave at 11 pm so you could get a good night's sleep if you wanted to. It was close to the beach and just a few minutes walk to the clubs, so the location was great. The only thing I missed was free wifi, but not many hostels in Byron has that, and there are several places that has free wifi so it was okay anyways.

• 13th Feb 2013

Jackaroo Hostel Kings Cross

Sydney, Australia

I had a great time staying at Jackaroo's. The atmosphere was great and there was always something to do. The pool table and football game was free which was good. I also appreciated the free wifi. Unfortunately the air condition broke down when we stayed there so our room was extremely hot. Also, the cleaning could have been better. But apart from that everything was good.

• 4th Feb 2013

Jolly Swagman Backpackers

Sydney, Australia

Me and my 2 friends stayed in a 3bed dorm, and it was really nice to have a room to ourselves. The room also had its own fridge which was good. Also there was a sink and a mirror. The bathroom was very clean for a hostel, and they cleaned the kitchen twice every day. Staff was friendly too. The only thing that could have been better was the atmosphere, but I guess that kind of changes from time to time depending on the people who are staying there. I would definitely recommend this hostel though

• 28th Jan 2013