The Mousetrap Backpackers

Paihia, New Zealand

I enjoyed my stay here, everyone was friendly and respectful of each other's space. It is not a party hostel and the owners are strict about late night noise which is good. The free bikes and free tennis are great. I would recommend staying here and if you like partying head to the Base bar across the road and sleep here!

• 19th Mar 2013

Oaklands Lodge

Auckland, New Zealand

I enjoyed my stay at Oaklands, it was a really good idea to put on some evening activities as it introduced me to others in the hostel. I did think though with quite alot of people staying there long term, cliques developed and it was not always easy to join them! The hostel itself is clean, quiet when it needs to be, very secure and in a very nice location next to Mount Eden, with buses into town being regular and only $1.90. There are plenty of shops, cafe's and a supermarket close by.

• 11th Mar 2013

Dingo Moon Lodge

Darwin, Australia

I found the people and staff to be friendly in general. There were quite alot of people from Estonia staying here and they formed a very tight group which was not easy to become a part of. The pool is an excellent feature and much needed in the humid weather. The room was air conditioned and the facilities were adequate. I do however think that the kitchen being outside and so small is perhaps a negative. Overall I enjoyed my stay here.