Hostelworld.com
HostelBookers Logo

Group of 15 or more?

Contact our Group Travel team directly for a tailor made solution for your group

Reviews: Anonymous



  • Anonymous
  • New Zealand, Female, 18-24
  • Novice Nomad
Alobar1000, Kathmandu, Nepal
6.3
25th Feb 2013

The place is quite quirky but the communal showers were cold. You could pay 20rps for a scorching hot trickle though if you wanted. You can't fit into the toilets and shut the door and the rooms/toilets are not clean. The security is limited due to padlock doors that people often leave open if not going far. Location is good- on edge of thamel close to bus station and staff are generally pretty nice. Price seems cheap but then they whack you an extra 10% on top of the room & hostelbookers charge

View Property Reply

Hi Gemma, I don't think we charge extra 10%. You will see on your reservation slip what you owe and that is exactly what you paid at the hostel. 10% of the hostel fee is paid when you booked the reservation. We charge the rest 90%, that's all. Sorry for the confusion.

    • 8.0Value For Money
    • 4.0Security
    • 8.0Location
    • 2.0Facilities
    • 10.0Staff
    • 8.0Atmosphere
    • 4.0Cleanliness
  • Anonymous
  • New Zealand, Female, 18-24
  • Novice Nomad
Han Tang Inn Hostel, Xi'an, China
8.9
17th Feb 2013

Very quaint and warm atmosphere-lobby is a great place to meet people! Dorm rooms are cozy (small and warm) but clean. Staff could be a little warmer/more welcoming and locks could be provided for lockers but otherwise no complaints. A great place to stay!

    • 10.0Value For Money
    • 8.0Security
    • 8.0Location
    • 8.0Facilities
    • 8.0Staff
    • 10.0Atmosphere
    • 10.0Cleanliness
  • Anonymous
  • New Zealand, Female, 18-24
  • Novice Nomad
9.7
30th Jan 2013

Staff were extremely helpful- helped me our with checking ticket availability on numerous occasions. They are also very receptive to constructive critisism and recommendations and act quickly to improve their service/ offerings. Really good sized lockers and comfy beds. Communal bathroom is not a problem- it is kept nice and clean! Would definitely recommend!

    • 8.0Value For Money
    • 10.0Security
    • 10.0Location
    • 10.0Facilities
    • 10.0Staff
    • 10.0Atmosphere
    • 10.0Cleanliness

Hostelworld Mobile Apps

Book on the go with the new Hostelworld mobile apps.

Search and book more than 33,000 properties in over 170 countries, from anywhere.

Newsletter Sign Up

Submitting your info

Thank you for signing up to our newsletter!

Sign up for our monthly Newsletter to get the best hostel deals and news sent straight your inbox. You can unsubscribe at any time.