Backstreet Youth Hostel

Guilin, China

I would stay here again just for the staff. They were just as amazing as their English, and they never got annoyed with how many questions I asked, which is a feat in itself. The location is perfect for food, shopping, walking around, and grabbing a bus. The only downside was that the rooms were a little mildewy smelling and the air conditioners didn't seem to be working properly. But if they were that big of a deal, we could have stayed at the Sheraton across the street. Totally worth it.

• 4th May 2013

It's a flow over into a hotel. So basically we paid hostel prices for a hotel type room. And I cannot start to say enough good things about how friendly and unbelievable helpful the staff were. So I won't even start. The only problem is that the charge a 25 yuan charge for each travel ticket they help you purchase. But hey, at least they help.

We are so happy you had a brisk staying at our hostel.It is a great encouragement to our hostel if the guests approve of our service .We really appreciate your proper comments which is helpful to us .Anyway,we will think about it carefully.Wish to see you next time.

Jade Garden Inn

Dali, China

The hostel is a rare treat from many of the other quick sleep and leave places. The atmosphere is relaxed, quiet and everything you expect from a renovated house with all of the modern amenities. It's absolutely gorgeous and takes you back to another place in time. And since we are technically hostel hopping, the price is definitely reasonable. It's truly not that hard to find either. Just get to the street and look for the house numbers on the businesses. It's quiet and in the heart of things.

Thanks for your comments. Nice to konw you and welcome again someday available!