Paraty Beach Hostel

Paraty, Brazil

Hostel manager Gus was amazing. Pleasant, welcoming and helpful. Hostel is located perfectly. 5 minute walk from the historic town, on a quiet street right on the water...2 bathrooms throughout were absolutely filthy. It was hard to step in to them and take a shower. Mostly a party hostel, with good ecelectic crowd and great pizza and good drinks. It was a good value, but wouldn't want to stay too long. Hostel has amazing potential if they kept up with the property and worked on SANITATION.

• 17th Jan 2014

Walk On The Beach Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Amazing stay with the friendliest staff. Steph & Luisa always had a smile on their faces, were quick on their feet & helpful with navigating the city. Great location, access to the beaches, buses to Corcovado, Lapa and Sugar Loaf were 2 blocks away. Hostel was clean, pleasant, had a decent breakfast & good kitchen. Plenty of showers and bathrooms, it was an excellent value for my money. I would stay again with a heartbeat! Obrigada Luisa & Stephanie!

• 16th Jan 2014

HI Holandes

Ilha Grande, Brazil

Hi Holandes was the cleanest & most pleasant hostel I stayed in during my stay in Brazil. Nestled in the Jungle portion of the Island, the hostel was quiet, quaint and adorable. Run by a om and two daughters, the premises were spotless and staff friendly. If you don't want to stay on the dusty and busy streets of the Island, this is a great spot for you. It is a 5-10 min walk uphill, but worth your while. Breakfast was the best, plenty of hammocks to chill!

• 12th Jan 2014

CaipiHostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Caipi staff is a no no...mostly unpleasent Argentinians who think guests with American accents don't understand Spanish or Portuguese...Simon from England was the only one who knew what was going on. I would definitely not recommend the hostel. My stay was pleasant due to the amazing travelers who happened to be traveling thru. The bathrooms were dirty, rooms smelled and breakfast weak. Lapa is an amazing neighborhood so worth staying. Get info from guests, staff useless!

• 10th Jan 2014
  • Turkey

We are deeply sorry to hear your stay with us was unpleasant. Unfortunatly we had a huge staff change in the end of 2013 and that reflected in some aspects of our hostel Worst of all is the bad experience with some of our crew members. In all previous reviews in the year of 2013 one of our strongest assets was our crew.I can assure you the person whom you made a complaint about is no longer part of our staff We also apologize for the lack of cleanliness in the bathrooms an dorms.

Barra Beach Club Oceanfront Hostel

Florianopolis, Brazil

BBC is located on a steep hilltop in the town of Barra da Logoa. The hostel staff although sweet kind of seemed out of it except for Maggie from Argentina who had her stuff together. Very helpful, pro active and pleasant. The premises were quite dirty. I arrived after a post 7 day shortage of water...The place was struggling to keep up with the crowds, so I may be biased. Laura the Italian cook was lovely, prepared amazing meals, although not cheap, worth your while if you need a good meal

• 7th Jan 2014

Ocara Hostel

Manaus, Brazil

Staff was comprised of 2 guys who were pleasant, knew their way around and helpful. The premises are located pretty central, port, opera house, few bars...a good value for your buck and for a few night stay. The guide they work with for the Jungle tours, shuttle service is great. Jean Silva Rodrigues was the guides name. I highly recommend you book your adventure trips with him. A wonderful guy with good experience and knowledge of the landscape. Ocara was great cuz of the wonderful guests.

• 4th Jan 2014