Legends, Rome, Italy
4th Feb 2016

This was a pretty sweet hostel, can't say that is missing a thing. Great value, location, staff, internet and cleanliness. Sadly I did get something stolen from the fridge and heard that it happened to someone else too, but can't blame the hostel on that, however it would be great to find a way to stop that from happening. Other than that, highly recommended!

Il Nosadillo, Bologna, Italy
31st Jan 2016

It was a nice hostel to stay, everything works properly, the staff is very friendly, and the set up allows for meeting people and socializing. As for price, is a bit more expensive than bigger hostels in other cities, but that is Bologna. The security is all right, but it worried me a bit that there is no staff there for most of the day, night included, some of the italian guests where a bit too touchy-feely, and to get out of the building one needs a key. Other than that, I would stay again :)

PLUS Camping Jolly, Venice, Italy
23rd Jan 2016

The place is truly clean & comfortable, is not really a hostel, but they have small bungalows with 3 beds each, can feel quite crowded & tight if 3 people were to stay together. Also since the restaurant has normal restaurant prices, it can be a long walk to find more affordable food under 6eu (no kitchen), it is also a long walk for someone without a vehicle, but, for the price is worth it, everything else is great: staff, internet, showers, beds, lights, heat, wifi, your own room if alone ;D

Hostel Taormina, Taormina, Italy
17th Jan 2016

Pretty cool hostel, it was a great stay, the staff were super friendly and helpful, everything was sparkling clean, the wifi worked, and most appreciated thing: the heating during those cold nights was great. Is located at walking distance from bus station, mountain, city, and even train station if your backpack is not too heavy. Very much recommended!!!

Agora Hostel, Catania, Italy
15th Jan 2016

There is not much to say, this hostel is in my view as perfect as it gets: super friendly and helpful staff, good location, good price, hot showers, great washrooms, clean, wifi that works, I met cool people there. Recommended 1000%!!!

Giovanni's Home, Naples, Italy
17th Oct 2015

This is a truly special place, I feel that I'm more like writing a reference in Couchsurfing than on a hostel! At the heart of this city, Giovanni makes you feel like your are in a home rather than just a business. Is safe, clean, comfortable, Giovanni provides a great presentation about Napoli to each guest and takes care of each of us individually, he is awesome. 1000% recommended. Also living proof that one single person can accomplish something wonderful, as he seems to be a one-man-army!

Hostel Colours, Milan, Italy
12th Oct 2015

Great hostel! warm and welcoming staff, good breakfast, generally fast and reliable internet in the rooms. A little far from the centre but because of it has very cheap places to eat nearby, the subway stop is less than 8 minutes walk, and would connect you right to the central station.

Orient Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
6th Sep 2015

I only stayed one night, but i couldn't find a single problem with this hostel even if I looked with a magnifying glass. The staff (most important part usually) was pretty sweet and friendly, accommodated my requests and helped me with valuable suggestions for getting around Istanbul with the limited time I had on this trip. The day I go back to Istanbul I will stay again. Thank you so much for everything!

Thanks for nice words Aida, we are trying to do our best. Looking forward to seeing you again :) Orient Team

Oldtown Hostel, Bangkok, Thailand
30th Jan 2015

It is true this hostel's atmosphere is somewhat 'colder' than many other hostels, but I see it as a good break. Is big, clean, elegant and super spacious. Good aircon. The wifi problem reported in older reviews was totally solved for what I experienced, it flies!! The staff are friendly and helpful. The location is a little bit off places of interests, but nonetheless well connected by bus, waterbus, subway and railway. I recommend it!

Diva Guesthouse, Chiang Mai, Thailand
20th Jan 2015

I stayed in this hostel for 9 days, and is one of the best I have stayed, the value and locations are great, with many services at the door, and walking distance from a small nightly food vendor market, as well as the weekend famous night markets. The staff is super sweet and helpful, the wifi is great, and what impressed me the most was the cleanliness, the staff wipes rooms and washrooms TWICE a day. Also the decorations are beautiful, the mattresses even, so cheerful. Highly recommended!

Loftel 22 Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
19th Jan 2015

I only stayed one night, but I may add more when I get back to Bangkok. Very good location with plenty of food around, as well as a convenience store right beside the hostel. Staff is very nice, friendly and caring about their work and the hostel. The bed was super comfy, and the internet worked great. The only thing I would suggest to the hostel is to fix better the doors of the dorms in the basement because they got stuck and made much noise when people tried to open and close them. :)

Born Free Hostel – Vista, Bangkok, Thailand
3rd Oct 2014

Not much to say here. Great hostel! plenty of transportation and eating places around. The girl at the desk was very nice, hardworking and helpful. The beds where super nice too, if I go back to Bangkok, would stay again. ^^

Angkor Wonder Hostel, Siem Reap, Cambodia
29th Sep 2014

I loved this hostel, not so much because of the facilities but because of the people that runs it. Mr. Whynot and the others where incredibly kind and helpful with every single one of my doubts and questions, always in a great mood. They helped me book my tickets, even rebooked when I wanted to change my departure date, gave transportation, and overall provided the best service I have ever received in any hostel. Going to Siem Reap? stay with them!

Lovely Jubbly Place, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
26th Sep 2014

It is a GREAT hostel on a great location with great staff. My only negative is miscommunications before I arrived, where I was told that a tuk tuk could pick me up at midnight (as I am a female travelling alone I requested this), I was told yes, but then the tuk tuk never showed up and I was left alone waiting. Also I was told that the bus to Siem Reap would take 6 hours, it took 9, without traffic. Other than that, EXCELLENT service with charming and wonderful staff always willing to help.

23rd Sep 2014

This hostel is a little bit far from the city and the stations, but it is GREAT headquarters if you are looking to rent a bike and explore the huge parks and lakes that Hangzhou is famous for. The only negative is that the room I picked (cheapest shared) didn't have lockers, but other than that everything is super clean, the bed was comfy, the wifi was generally good and fast, the staff was friendly, the bike was very decent, and there were good eating options nearby. Very much recommend it!

21st Sep 2014

It is a bit pricey for Chinese standards of a good hostel, but that might be because apparently all shared rooms come with a washroom ensuite. They have a good amount of information available for going to the mountain, but I feel it could have been better. I had to pay 100rmb to a taxi driver to go back in the afternoon at 6:30pm because apparently buses stopped at 6pm, of course I am to blame but I just wish that the staff would have saved me of that by informing me better.

Nanjing Time Youth Hostel, Nanjing, China
17th Sep 2014

I have stayed in this hostel last year and again was not disappointed. :) The door to the loft needs repair so it can close, and the washrooms could use a little bit more care, that said they should forbid people from smoking in them, since they easily become unbreathable gas chambers. Other than that is a super nice place, big and roomy, especially the common area downstairs, and of course the biggest highlight is the staff, who were super friendly and helpful with any questions I came up with.

Otto's House, Toronto, Canada
7.1
9th Oct 2013

For Canadian standards.. is a good hostel.. Old building, nice city location, smelly room, nice washrooms and living room, a bit weird tenants, but nice girl who checked me in, NO bedbugs on my bed (on a Canadian hostel, this is a new record! it really amazes me that for example China has hostels that for 6-7$ a night you feel you are staying in a 5 star hotel, while in Canada for 30$ you find the hostels to be barely livable..). Anyways, not applicable to this one, this one is good.

Asakusa Hostel Toukaisou, Tokyo, Japan
30th Aug 2013

I find a couple of reviews from before quite unfair, the "smell" someone else mentions is the natural nice smell from the tatami mats, this is a great hostel! beautiful, clean, fast internet, the staff is fun and helpful, the location is great with plenty of places to eat and plenty of transportation links nearby, including a cheap bike rental service! I just give a "good" and not "Excellent" to security because rooms have no lockers, but there are smaller lockers outside in the entrance.

Ashoka Hostel, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
6.6
25th Aug 2013

So... I was relieved to confirm that these people seemingly have nothing to do with the other horror hostels at Chunking Mansion. They keep the facilities clean and working, they give you fresh towels every day for free, we can also use the fridge and the internet is super fast and reliable. The negative points is that it doesn't have the atmosphere of a backpackers hostels.. very cold. And the location... disgusting Chunking Mansion.. sketchy and dirty, full of cockroaches and awful elevator..

Aishe Hostel Guangzhou, Guangzhou, China
6.9
24th Aug 2013

Well... it's ok, I chose this hostel because of the location (near the East Station). It's a small apartment and the rooms are very small with three bunker beds all cramped together, a small washroom, and a wider, more comfortable common room. The facilities work... but overall, as for Chinese hostels this one is toooo expensive for what you get, I have stayed in better places for almost half the price. From the staff I got a mixture of friendliness and "TalkingAboutMeInChinese" behavior..

21st Aug 2013

As I already told the staff a couple of times: if there is a national competition for the best hostel in China (if not the world).. these people need not worry, they are winning. If there is anything like a 5 star hostel, this one would be the example, seriously out of this world: Staff, location, internet, food, shower, toilets, space, design! they are just missing the jacuzzi and the pool!

It was always with "Woo" in your journey?!Ha ha!Thank you very much for the recommendation!!!

19th Aug 2013

This hostel is pretty much perfect, everything, wifi, showers, etc, also their pizzas are very good! If anything, the directions to get there are not perfect, I got lost following the instructions, heavy backpack, under the rain, no one new the street, not even two taxi drivers. Once at Yangqiao bus stop and crossing the street you have to walk north for a few minutes to find the street they mention. It is a few minutes walk from transportation, but it is a beautiful location.

12th Aug 2013

GREAT HOSTEL! I would live on it. Fast and reliable wifi, rooms, common room and toilets clean and tidy. The staff was amazingly helpful all the way with all my 300 questions and pointed me in the right way every time. Same goes for the sister hostels in Wulingyuan and Yuanyuajie, I stayed in all three.

Fenghuang Biancheng Hostel, Fenghuang-Phoenix County, China
11th Aug 2013

Excellent hostel overall, clean, safe, comfy, great staff and good working internet. Only two awful points: people were allowed to smoke in the lobby/common area, which made it an un-livable gas chamber. Second: I tried to leave the hostel at 6am to go take pictures. Nobody was in the lobby, I tried to call telephones, yell, bang into the wall for noise, nothing. I had to climb my way out on the rooftop, which was fun, but I don't want to think what would happen during a fire or emergency.

Budget Hostel, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
4th Aug 2013

Not much to say, excellent hostel. Good location, with a huge supermarket just across the street, subway on the corner, a bus ride from train station and airport. Great prices. Helpful and friendly staff. I'll be back for sure. Only downside is the wifi, which is pretty unreliable, goes on and off all the time, but when it works its fast.

Nanjing Time Youth Hostel, Nanjing, China
1st Aug 2013

I stayed in a dorm for a couple of nights, strange arrangement 30 something beds in one loft but surprisingly wasn't bad at all, lots of space for everybody. The only downside maybe the location, it may be tricky to find at the beginning, and is a bit of a walk away from transportation, not long though. All that aside great place to stay!! would stay there again!!

• Venezuela, Mixed Group, 18-24
Shaolin Traveler Hostel, Dengfeng Shaolin Temple, China
7.4
4th May 2013

The location was very good and the girl that received us was super nice and helpful, also the internet was very fast. But I feel they could work out better showers, there is only one room with communal showers and they run out of hot water pretty fast. Also just one toilet room for the entire hostel that can get messy very quickly. No lockers in dormitory. These are minor inconveniences and should not stop you from staying at this hostel though, great for its price.

Han Tang House, Xi'an, China
3rd Apr 2013

Unbelievable beds, good showers, clean toilets, amazing, helpful and friendly staff. A great place to stay!! Just avoid the 1st floor if you have any problems with cigarette smoke, is close to the bar area.

Travelers' Soul Inn Nanjing, Nanjing, China
15th Feb 2013

I was very happy with this hostel, best I had stayed in so far in China. The staff is friendly, helpful and awesome, the facilities are unbelievable, amazing for parties and small concerts, the washrooms are cleaned regularly, the hot water pressure on the showers is super good and doesn't run out. The only problem I had aside the location was the food though, two times I tried the cheap dishes at the hostel and both times my digestive system couldn't handle it. Aside of this, AWESOME PLACE!

10th Feb 2013

Great hostel, staff and location. The hostel has a beautiful place for hanging out and the breakfasts are good. It is close to a busy 'old style' street by one of the canals and market. Between walking distance or easy access by bus to many other locations and the Rail and bus stations. Only mild discomfort was brought by the showers, the pressure wasn't great and if everyone is using them they run out of hot water (never becoming freezing though). Do not let this refrain you, great hostel.

5th Feb 2013

The staff was amazingly helpful with me, every time I had an issue or any questions they helped me. The hostel has a beautiful deck & bar area The only real problem I had was the cold, the entire hostel was super cold. The room was freezing as well, as either the heater was not powerful enough or the insulation was poor. I finally got sick on my last night Also I didn't like that, as a rule, we were not allowed to bring outside food on the bar area, where else could we go? Otherwise excellent