Hostal Real

Cartagena, Colombia

Otavalo Prince

Otavalo, Ecuador

A bit overpriced, but very clean and comfortable. Cannot beat the location, but I also experienced a lack of attention at the front door. I sometimes had to wait a few minutes for someone to come let me in.

Hotel El Belen

Banos, Ecuador

Hotel El Belen

Banos, Ecuador

Hostal Marsella

Quito, Ecuador

Highly recommended! Great value, great location between Old Town and the Mariscol. Lots of cheap restaurants nearby. Very, very clean. Nice common areas and rooftop deck.

Los Balcones Blancos

La Paz, Bolivia

Casona Potosi Hostal

Potosi, Bolivia

Very charming building, great location.

Hostal Tuyasto

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Nice quiet, clean, and inviting hostel on the edge of town. Great facilities, wonderful staff. Excellent value. Not a party hostel, but a nice shady place to cook breakfast of enjoy a beer after being in the desert all day-- there is a market just a few doors away. Highly recommended!

Las Rejas Hostel

Salta, Argentina

One of the best places I stayed at in South America. Great location, great value. Cute hostel with pretty garden.

Hostel Park Iguazu

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

Hosteria Las Gemelas

Capilla del Monte, Argentina

Probably the best value I´ve spent in one month traveling in SA. Very comfortable, clean, friendly. The owners are wonderful. Great breakfast, very attentive. Nice and quiet-- away from the main part of town which is very noisy.

Catre Diem - Hostel Cultural

Cordoba, Argentina

Very nice hostel, comfortable bed, very clean. Great staff!

Thanks a lot for the nice comment ! It was a pleasure to receive you, and we hope we meet again. Have a great trip!

Alojamiento Mayam

Mendoza, Argentina

Very nice and comfortable, very welcoming. Like staying with relatives you haven´t seen for a while!

Hotel Montealegre

Valparaiso, Chile

I really would like to rave about this place, it has so much going for it-- great location, great staff (even by hospitality industry standards, the staff were especially welcoming and helpful). But it was overpriced for what it was. My bed was uncomfortable, and the shower curtain rod fell out of the ceiling when I hung my towel on it. If it were $20 or even $30 USD, it would have been a good value, but for $50 USD I expected more, even by backpacker standards.

Hostel Melmac Patagonia

Puerto Varas, Chile

Lo De Max

Bariloche, Argentina

Perfectly located outside the main city center where it is quiet, everything costs less, and you are among the locals. A short, scenic walk into the main part of town. Withing 2 blocks is a giant supermarket and cheap and cheerful restaurants. The staff are very, very friendly. Great stay!

Hostel Las Moiras

Bariloche, Argentina

They take a mug shot of you when you check in like you are some kind of criminal. If not for the low price, I would rate this place poor.

Chepatagonia Hostel