Location: Germany, Gender: Female, Age: 26

Memnon Hotel

Aswan, Egypt

The beds were very hard and I feared mine to collapse and it was so loud it was almost impossible to sleep. The shower did not have a curtain, so when you showered the whole bathroom was flooded and there were both dead and living insects, I'm not sure what exactly they were but they looked a lot like cockroaches... The towels we were given were dirty (fortunately we had our own). The view from the window was fantastic, however this was about it. We left early.

• 5th Mar 2013

Ramsess Hotel Luxor

Luxor, Egypt

I've been there two times so far and I'd return anytime. You feel like home right away, the people are nice and very helpful. Everything I needed for my stay and my trips was nearby, so this was the perfect starting point for seeing Luxor and its surroundings. Also, the hotel is in a side-street, so it is quiet there and one can get enough rest. Besides I liked the rooftop, where you can sit, seeing the Nile and westbank on one side and the mountains on the other. I'd recommend it anytime.

• 22nd Feb 2013

The Australian Hostel

Cairo, Egypt

Nice and helpful staff. The room was big and even though the hostel is right in the city, it is not too loud there. The Metro is close, as is the Egyptian Museum. The common room has a nice balcony to have breakfast in the morning.

• 18th Feb 2013